Traveling is not fun.

(Locked)

If you don't like traveling, go play an FPS. I went from Darkshore to the far reaches of Westfall, at level 14, on foot, just to complete my Aquatic Form quests. I'd only been playing WoW for a week and had to check guides, master Shadowmeld and Nature's Grasp to elude level 26 crocolisks and swarms of level 17 murlocs, and swim into the water, almost running out of breath before reaching my objective. And it was one of the most epic experiences I've ever had in a videogame.
85 Goblin Shaman
It's called general discussion and travel time doesn't have anything to do with damage dealing.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Most people don't care. Deal with it. If this game's travel experience is SO horrible for you, I invite you to play any other MMO where travel is at least ten times worse.
1 Undead Mage
Its annoying trying to get anything done anymore, because you get whispers every 5 seconds "org" or "dal"
85 Human Warlock
Most people don't care. Deal with it. If this game's travel experience is SO horrible for you, I invite you to play any other MMO where travel is at least ten times worse.

Wait, so you are saying that we should find ways to make this game get worse just to bring it in line with other MMOs?
The whole idea of having a BETTER game is to IMPROVE on what Other games Fail at achieving.
55 Dwarf Warrior
It's called general discussion and travel time doesn't have anything to do with damage dealing.
1 Draenei Hunter
We're playing a RPG. Longer travel times make the world feel bigger, or at this point keep the last threads of the world feeling like it exists at all alive. We're already at a point where the world is little more than a detailed, glorified chat interface we hang out in between mini-games. I'll gladly take any little step that moves us back towards feeling like a world again.
80 Blood Elf Rogue
I play this game to PvP and/or kill teh monstaz. I don't play it to spend 30 minutes out of my day role playing through the land trying to pretend I'm riding on a dragon and the wind is cold and biting against my face.

That sounds cool but really I just want to get to that f$cking city.
1 Draenei Hunter
I don't play it to spend 30 minutes out of my day role playing through the land trying to pretend I'm riding on a dragon and the wind is cold and biting against my face.

What I said has nothing to do with that. It has to do with how big the world feels, and if it feels like it exists for a purpose.
80 Blood Elf Rogue
I play this game to PvP and/or kill teh monstaz. I don't play it to spend 30 minutes out of my day role playing through the land trying to pretend I'm riding on a dragon and the wind is cold and biting against my face.

it takes like 7 minutes...MAX to get anywhere...ANYWHERE in the world.

You youngsters that never played Everquest have no idea how easy you have it.

You sit on a throne of lies. Getting from UC to Booty Bay alone takes 12 minutes and 20/30 minutes from Booty Bay to Dalaran. It's fine if you want to go exploring around but with all of blizzard's technological prowess I see no reason why they can't reimpliment the portals in the major cities around Azeroth.
85 Human Paladin

it takes like 7 minutes...MAX to get anywhere...ANYWHERE in the world.

You youngsters that never played Everquest have no idea how easy you have it.

You sit on a throne of lies. Getting from UC to Booty Bay alone takes 12 minutes and 20/30 minutes from Booty Bay to Dalaran. It's fine if you want to go exploring around but with all of blizzard's technological prowess I see no reason why they can't reimpliment the portals in the major cities around Azeroth.

It takes 12 minutes to take the zeppelin from Brill to Grom'gol?
85 Draenei Death Knight
People seem to think that taxi's are the only way to move around. If you're going farther than 4 or 5 zones there's a good chance there's another way to get closer.
85 Worgen Druid
OP is a druid, therefore his/her point is invalid:

hearth in dal + http://www.wowhead.com/spell=18960

problems solved.
OP is a druid, therefore his/her point is invalid:

hearth in dal + http://www.wowhead.com/spell=18960

problems solved.

Now that the dalaran portals are gone, just replace "dal" with your favorite Eastern Kingdoms city.
90 Troll Shaman
Between zeps, boats, a little abuse of the outlands port to blasted lands, and the huge number of FP's it takes no longer then 10 mins to get anywhere. If its taking you longer, your doing it wrong.
85 Goblin Shaman
Pie

So now you're complaining about the time it takes to get from UC to Dalaran? First of all there never was a portal from UC to Dalaran so I'm not sure what your point is. Second, unless I'm wrong (which is possible since I haven't tried to take it since the shattering), there's a zeppelin right outside that takes you to Howling Fjord. Quick flight from there to Dalaran. Thought like I said, I haven't tried to take any zeppelins since 4.0.3a was implemented.

In general I have no problem with the removal of the portals. I agree that if you have such a huge problem with travel times now, you must never have played during vanilla. Travel time is cut so far back now from what it was. Epic ground mounts, when first introduced were so expensive that the vast majority couldn't afford them. The original continents are each twice the size of Northrend and relatively long and skinny, lengthening travel time from one end to the other considerably. To be honest, I have no sympathy at all for people whining about travel in WoW today.

I wonder how many people complaining about the removal of the portals actually spend at least a third of their time online sitting on their bums in /trade. What do you need to be in Dalaran for anyway anymore? Unless you're leveling, in which case, what do you need to be on the old continents for?

Finally get the addon "Trade Forwarder" so that you can read /trade chat while you're not in a city so you don't miss out on the action if that's what is concerning you.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]