Riding / Flying

90 Night Elf Hunter
I was hoping to find this info here. This is what I have found elsewhere so far.

* Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)
- 60% land mount speed
- Requires level 20
- Cost: 4 gold
- Mount cost: 1 gold
- Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

* Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)
- 100% land mount speed
- Requires level 40
- Cost: 50 gold
- Mount cost: 10 gold
- Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer

* Expert Riding (Skill 225)
- 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed
- Requires level 60
- Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)
- Mount Cost: 50 gold
- Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)

* Artisan Riding (Skill 300)
- 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed
- Requires level 70
- Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)
- Mount Cost: 100 gold

+310% Riding Skill
First off, the Riding Trainer now teaches a new rank of the riding skill: Master Riding (375).

The tooltip description for this skill is a bit confusing right now, but as far as I can tell Master Riding is the skill that Blizzard has talked about in the past which will make all your +280% speed mounts go faster.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
This belongs in a stickied faq.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This belongs in a stickied faq.

If every helpful post turned into a stickypost, there would be no point to having this forum. That having been said, this is one reason that we have Wowpedia.org. Every article has a lot of helpful information without hogging the forums. It's also easier to search.

All of this mount info (and MUCH more) is already detailed here:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Mount

The tooltip description for this skill is a bit confusing right now, but as far as I can tell Master Riding is the skill that Blizzard has talked about in the past which will make all your +280% speed mounts go faster.

It's already in the game. Master Riding makes all of your flying mounts move at 310% increased speed when flying.

You also neglected to mention that faction discounts apply to all levels of training and mounts (except for Cold Weather Flying, which is dirt cheap now anyway) and that mount speeds scale up to your fastest level of training.
Edited by Icedragon on 11/27/2010 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is this a question or just another sticky wannabe?

- Corylyn/Wynnoa, Wyrmrest Accord
Reply Quote
just another sticky wannabe?

Thank you Guides forum.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Is this a question or just another sticky wannabe?

- Corylyn/Wynnoa, Wyrmrest Accord

question.

I have noticed a lot of stuff within Cataclysm seems to be very dynamic. For example, as soon as you think you have a working map of a zone, you'll complete a quest that will zone you along and further change the map so it would probably not be a realistic pursuit to make a handful of stickies that proclaim "this is the way wow is". But as of right now, I do not know what training is available to me / where to check.

TY icedragon, I'll have a look.
Edited by Ayen on 11/27/2010 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
For example, as soon as you think you have a working map of a zone, you'll complete a quest that will zone you along and further change the map so it would probably not be a realistic pursuit to make a handful of stickies that proclaim "this is the way wow is".

It's called phasing and it was first used in Northrend zones, most notably Storm Peaks and Icecrown.

But as of right now, I do not know what training is available to me / where to check.

Open your spellbook. Any new available riding will be shown on the General tab at the end of the list in bright yellow. Anything you could possibly want to know about mounts is on Wowpedia.org, specifically the page I linked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
For example, as soon as you think you have a working map of a zone, you'll complete a quest that will zone you along and further change the map so it would probably not be a realistic pursuit to make a handful of stickies that proclaim "this is the way wow is".

It's called phasing and it was first used in Northrend zones, most notably Storm Peaks and Icecrown.

But as of right now, I do not know what training is available to me / where to check.

Open your spellbook. Any new available riding will be shown on the General tab at the end of the list in bright yellow. Anything you could possibly want to know about mounts is on Wowpedia.org, specifically the page I linked.

Yeah that'd be so helpful. I'm at work and comtemplating what to do with some handful of alts etc. That link is helpful too. tyvm =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]