Buff Seal of Uselessness please

1 Gnome Warrior
Please blizzard, i never come onto these forums and qq but damnit you made me do it after so many years.. Please buff that useless seal of righteousness, is it that much to ask? i feel the aoe dps is so sub-par now, it makes me cry..

I'll take anything, even the smallest buff, right now, i hate it, i would want old command back, but i know that's too much to ask for. But please any small buff to that seal would do, I've been a GOOD boy this year so hopefully santa can bring us this buff i ask for :)

Thank you blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
AoE got nerfed for every single class in the game. This isn't WotLK. You aren't expected to be AoEing down entire instances.
Reply Quote
Eh, SoR is kind of in a grey area for me, On one hand it seems weak for a cleave, yet on the other, as Caeless stated, this isn't WotLK anymore, and AoE is going to be not very common anymore. What I would like, though, is for SoR itself proc seal hits on DStorm. Just SoR would do this, totally replace Seals of Command's cleave effect with this. Mainly because I'd rather have a smidge more output in CC sensitive areas in both pvp and pve, instead of having to waste time for SoT to stack. And when AoE does come around, DStorm AoE would be worth a damn again.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Shaman
I dont even bother to switch from SoT to SoR anymore, no matter the situation... its just that bad
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I use SoR in AOE situations in PVE and almost all the time in PVP. I switch to Justice if I'm fighting somebody that is about to run (Rogue, Druid, Shaman, mounted player).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
SoR is for PvE solo and leveling. Who cares about the cleave being weak? Once you hit 85, it's SoT all the way except when you're doing your dailies.
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
AoE got nerfed for every single class in the game. This isn't WotLK. You aren't expected to be AoEing down entire instances.

Have you heard of this thing called, HELLFIRE?

They didn't nerf it equally, a lot of classes can still put up great AOE except us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think some people will ever understand it's not the particular strength of one spell design that dictates how much overall damage you do. They nerfed spells in our books for several reasons, one being trying to balance our overall damage with TV being introduced.

Stop ##!*%ing about AOE because hunters, etc. that you just complained about will be back to single/2-3 target dpsing like you come cata and get their asses handed to them via threat from a 300k hp truck mob. -- by truck I mean something that will 1-2 shot you. ;)

have fun
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
As many have stated, it would be nice if they would give us a reason to switch out different seals. Isn't that what our minor glyphs are for? So we feel we can? (Even though they don't do !@@# XD)

Just give us a reason to use more than just Seal of Truth.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
It'd be nice if it did more than tickle, but at this point I'd rather fight for getting Censure to stack on strikes instead of on autoattacks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
All the DPS seals are broken. They have been marginalized too much. SoR needs to do more damage than using SoT when attacking 3 or 4 targets. SoJ needs to do enough damage that we want to actually use it in PvP.

It is looking more and more like blizzard have gotten half way through ret caty beta and then gave up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I will bet you half way through this expansion we'll be aoe'ing down all the heroics.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior

lolumadbro?

you just lost all credibility with that post.

Mad? typing sentences for me isnt being mad, i never come on these forums, so i have no idea what nerds think nowadays? I guess you need to fill me in.. Usually REAL guys fight at the bar, sports, etc and thats where i've been mad? Things have changed i see..

Anyways, i made a point, if a nerd doesnt like it, who gives a *#@# if i lost credibility with you? I dont even fukn know you, and never will.

Either read the post and move on or troll like how you just did i guess... Your only 2 options since you can't think much
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I dont even bother to switch from SoT to SoR anymore, no matter the situation... its just that bad
And that is part of the problem.

Really though, all the seals are a bit rough around the edges. SoR AoE effect is barely there. And while AoE won't be very important in Cata, or so they say, it would be nice to have that tool available. Especially since, well you know, they're pushing pallies to be more utility oriented than before. So far, I've seen a few spots where a good AoE would be useful for a pally. The problem is, SoR doesn't do a lot of damage in single target, nor in AoE situations, but using SoT or any other seal is just as bad. SoT takes a while to get fully stacked up, and then doesn't last long once there unless you continue to keep it up.

In cata, mobs will have a lot more hp and will need to be single targeted more so than now. Ok, that is fine. I can deal with that change. But I do take issue with the fact that SoT hasn't been changed much to compensate for changes to other seals. The one thing that really irritates me is this,

Seal of Righteousness
14% of base mana
Instant cast
Fills the Paladin with holy spirit for 30 min, granting each single-target melee attack (MWS * (0.011 * AP.022 * holy power) * 100 / 100) additional Holy damage. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.

and
Seal of Truth
14% of base mana
Instant cast
Fills the Paladin with holy power, causing single-target attacks to Censure the target, which deals ((0.01 * holy power.0193 * AP) * 5 * 100 / 100) additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Censure can stack up to 5 times. Once stacked to 5 times, each of the Paladin's attacks also deals 9% weapon damage as additional Holy damage. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 30 min.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal (1 + 0.223 * holy power.142 * AP) Holy damage to an enemy, increased by 10% for each application of Censure on the target.

Notice something in there? How much damage the seals do is dependent on how much holy power you have. So, if you use that holy power in say, a Templar verdict, you are then gimping your seal damage. And when it can take as long as 30-40 seconds to get a full holy power up, well then you can see the problem. So really, there is little reason to use any holy power for 90% of the time, as it would gimp you. That is, unless you actually want a short burst of damage. Both TV and DS require holy power to even use. But in using it, you lose out on your seals some. In effect, this is, or at least will be a dps bottleneck.

I can see what they were trying to do. I just don't think it is well laid out or implemented.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Notice something in there? How much damage the seals do is dependent on how much holy power you have. So, if you use that holy power in say, a Templar verdict, you are then gimping your seal damage. And when it can take as long as 30-40 seconds to get a full holy power up, well then you can see the problem. So really, there is little reason to use any holy power for 90% of the time, as it would gimp you. That is, unless you actually want a short burst of damage. Both TV and DS require holy power to even use. But in using it, you lose out on your seals some. In effect, this is, or at least will be a dps bottleneck.

I can see what they were trying to do. I just don't think it is well laid out or implemented.

30-40 seconds to get full holy power? I wasn't aware that CS had a 10~13 second cooldown.

Also, DS doesn't use Holy Power anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]