My Red Hyena is now a Mastiff. Fix incoming?

90 Night Elf Hunter
Hyena pets that started life as Scarlet Hunting Dogs have been turned into Mastiffs by 4.03.

The first GM ticket I submitted asking that this be fixed got a form-letter response that had nothing to do with my problem. The second ticket I sent got a more relevant form-letter response, stating in part

We are aware of the situation you reported, and are currently working on a solution.

and directing me to the forums.

I was unable to find any blue posts regarding this issue. Does anyone have more concrete information?
Edited by Lexagon on 11/28/2010 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There are no Red Hyenas in the game ATM.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Not as far as I can tell, spent hours patrolling that area over several days looking for him.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
A rare spawn
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
http://wow-petopia.com/look/hyenaskinred.html rare spawn
Edited by Sylvanis on 11/28/2010 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
That Petopia link says there's another one in Uldum if the rare spawn proves too tough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I already spent way too much time trying to correct a mistake Blizzard made (and seems to acknowledge, based on the response I got from them).

Now I'd like more information on what the solution they're pursuing is going to look like.

Thanks for your input though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Wait a week and then go tame one in Uldum.

That's pretty much what any GM response is going to entail.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I already spent way too much time trying to correct a mistake Blizzard made (and seems to acknowledge, based on the response I got from them).

Now I'd like more information on what the solution they're pursuing is going to look like.

Thanks for your input though.

Their solution will either be returning your mutt to a hyena, or telling you to man up and go tame another one if you care so much about what your dog looks like.

I was already aware that the possible responses to a yes/no question are either yes or no. What I'm looking to find out is which one of those options it's going to be.

Thanks again for your input though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Wait a week and then go tame one in Uldum.

That's pretty much what any GM response is going to entail.

Neither of the GM responses I've received so far have said anything like that.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Hunter
If this is a bug as they indicate your best bet is to place this in the Bug forum.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If this is a bug as they indicate your best bet is to place this in the Bug forum.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
It's probably intentional. I seriously doubt the Scarlet Crusade would be training hyenas over hounds.

The hyena/scarlet pairs were replaced with alliance/mastiff pairs, which is very likely the reason why his hyena turned into a mastiff. I'd be willing to bet large that anyone who tamed the rare red hyena still has a rare red hyena.
Reply Quote
43 Undead Warlock
Jeez. You can tame another in a couple weeks in Uldum. Quit your whining.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Jeez. You can tame another in a couple weeks in Uldum. Quit your whining.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]