priest or pally

39 Human Priest
Im really stuck between the two, i plan on healing and dpsing and im not sure witch one to choose.

as my toons are not very high (priest is 36 pally is 19) could someone plz post pros and cons or give some advise? it will be much appreciated :3
Reply Quote
39 Human Priest
thank you but i didn't come here to have my spelling corrected :)
Reply Quote
39 Human Priest
but if u and your answer is all this forum can provide i must say im disappointed :(
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Of course I am going to say Pally because I'm completely biased.

This forum isn't very objective most of the time.

And as far as pros and cons go, you are going to see posts like:

"Pallyz Rule.. Priests are stupid"

or

"Clothies suck!!!"

You would get a better response going to the "Healer Role" forum and posting there. Then the pallys and priests can duke it out over who is more awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Of course I am going to say Pally because I'm completely biased.

This forum isn't very objective most of the time.

And as far as pros and cons go, you are going to see posts like:

"Pallyz Rule.. Priests are stupid"

or

"Clothies suck!!!"

You would get a better response going to the "Healer Role" forum and posting there. Then the pallys and priests can duke it out over who is more awesome.

You must be new here.

I would trust the word of the paladin forum over the "OH GAWD MY CLASS HAS BEEN NERFED THE WORST" Healing forums any day.

@The OP: Paladins are certainly sturdier while leveling, especially when comparing a healing pally to a healing priest. In general, Shadow priests are going to provide your best dps output, though Retribution and even Holy paladins are no slouches.

As far as comparing the dps specs, it's pretty much a question of caster versus melee. While you can certainly dps as a holy paladin using Holy Shock and Exorcism, you're not going to be as effective doing so as will a Shadow priest. My efforts to build a Discipline dps spec so far have been pretty dismal, so I wouldn't consider that to be viable. Holy priests have even less dps talents available, so that's really not even on the table.

Something to keep in mind, is that gearing for Holy and Ret paladins is very different, so if you go for a dual spec Holy/Ret, you'll really need to carry two sets of gear around, which is inconvenient at best and downright difficult at worst. Shadow, Holy, and Discipline priests all use the same gear, as do dps and healing Holy paladins.

To be honest, with all that laid out... play the class that feels like the best fit for you. I can heal fine on a priest or a paladin, but druids and shamans give me fits. I can tank on a paladin or a warrior, but I'm not fond of either bears or blood death knights. I love my subtlety rogue, but I can't get the hang of either assassination or combat. So, I play what I like to play, and work from there - and that would be my advice to you as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]