You know what'd be a cool Ret PvP ability?

3 Draenei Priest
If we had an ability on like a 15 second CD that changed all DoTs on us or an ally into HoTs. Or if CS had a chance to convert a DoT on you into a HoT for the same amount. Yeah, it wouldn't be useful against some classes who don't have DoTs, but I thought it'd be neat.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the most overpowered thing I have ever heard! On a 15 second cooldown too!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually, it's a really cool, original idea. Numbers can always be tweaked to make it balanced, so "overpowered" isn't really a relevant comment (you could change the casting time, number of dots effected, percentage of a dot that is effected, whatever).

The mechanic is what matters, and this one is quite intriguing. There's a nice element of karma about it that suits our class. Maybe some designer will read this and be inspired for a future patch.
Reply Quote
Heh that's a cool idea. Bump.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
it fits the class as a whole, with room for spec specific variations. I like it.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
Perhaps converting 100% of all the DoTs on you would be OP, but converting 100% of one DoT every 15s, or 50% of all the DoTs, could be more balanced.

Probably need a longer cooldown than 15s, though, if it wipes all the DoTs for even partial HoTs.

details, details

the core idea is very good.

dots don't tend to have cooldowns
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Warlocks would kill themselves.. IRL
Edited by Explosionz on 11/29/2010 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
or or lyke, we should totally make Paladins have this skill with no CD that basically makes us invincible for unlimited time
Edited by Hearthbound on 11/29/2010 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I want ice lance
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
OR if it took the dots off of you and put it on the caster! GENIUS! Maybe 20s cd.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
OR if it took the dots off of you and put it on the caster! GENIUS! Maybe 20s cd.

that would be a nice DK or mage ability.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Both mlg classes. Boo
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue

But it doesn't make any sense for them... We're Retribution! With the loss of Reckoning bombs, we haven't had a whole lot that lives up to the name. Being able to pass off DoTs would fit the theme nicely.

paladins are all holy all the time.

only pally dots are holy

why would it make sense for ret to inflict frost fever?
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
My post was extremely sarcastic. When someone suggests an ability where all DoTs should be cast back on the caster, it's probably a troll. The OP is a horrible idea. If it sounds cool to you, it's probably not for someone else.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
sarcasm and text don't mix well, I never assume sarcasm without an emoticon (that's why they exist)

You'd have better luck explaining why you think it's a bad idea.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Because we wouldn't be inflicting it. You'd be inflicting it on YOURSELF, as retribution for trying to use such dishonorable tactics. The more I think about it, the more I kinda love it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]