Big Thank You to Blizzard

85 Blood Elf Paladin
First I'd like to preface this post a bit;

I've been playing World of Warcraft and Paladins in general since release date, back in 2004: when Blessing of Kings was the 31 point Retribution talent, we had a spell called Seal of Fury, and were expected to wear cloth and heal raids. I played through the entirety of classic WoW and its many changes, and all of Burning Crusade; though I admit to playing little of Wrath -- WoW had really lost its appeal to me by then.

Through it all, I had always wished that paladins could do more than simply heal for raids; that we could tank and we could do damage like other classes. That as a plate wearer, we'd be on the front line and getting into the thick of things. Through all of classic WoW, this never really happened, and those dreams slowly became a reality through Burning Crusade.

Blizzard, you've really hit the nail on the head this time -- I have to hand it to you. I have never felt, until now, that Paladins were Paladins. What you've done to this class is absolutely excellent and well crafted. I have had so much fun since the latest changes, I can't really even start to name them all, but I'll list what I can~

The Holy tree has such great synergy; where do I start? I love that Crusader Strike is a melee attack that generates Holy Power, giving me a reason, as a healer, to get into melee range and attack enemies to pay for a free, solid heal. Judgment (and healing others) also heals me as well, giving me greater safety for being in melee range and doing damage; it also boosts my spell haste and refunds mana (Seal of Insight). This is a load of fun to be on the front line, as a healer, with my tanking friend and being effective.

Besides that, the Holy tree has a lot of other fun dynamics; such as Holy Shock proccing instant-cast Exorcisms. I also love that Exorcism, with talents, is a cheap spell with no cool down, allowing me to play a pseudo-caster role when I have that itch. Holy Shock can also make my casted heals faster, and my casted heals can give me freebie Holy Shocks! Wow!

Protection is amazing as well; I love not having to worry about mana (same with Retribution). I like the rotation as well; hitting Hammer of the Righteous then filling in with another spell of my choice. It keeps it active and engaging; while Grand Crusader procs add a random "Yay!" flare where I can fire off Avenger's Shield again for mega-damage and threat. Building up Holy Power for Shield of the Righteous is great, too, and feels rewarding. I duo paladins with a friend and sometimes we go into a dungeon both as protection spec and create total carnage, it's great and thoroughly fun.

I have less experience with the new Retribution paladin, but I'm very glad we finally have an Interrupt there and a lot of buttons to press.

All in all, I have to say: Thank you, Blizzard, for the very impressive and incredible revamp of the paladin class. I have never had so much fun and it, along with all the new expansion stuff set in classic Azeroth, has really got very interested in WoW again.

My only wish is that you took holy paladins one step further and completely remove caster plate, and added spec benefits such as converting Strength into Intelligence.

Again, thank you! ^^
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Thank you for this post. It's a refreshing thing to see Blizzard being complimented for creating an enjoyable experience rather than being flamed for nerfing something. Blizzard always seems to keep one goal in mind: Keeping Their Games Fun and Enjoyable. They definitely did that with this recent patch, and I am thoroughly enjoying leveling 1-60 again with all of the new lore and faster leveling (although I think they made it a little TOO easy to level 1-60 now.)

Thanks again for the post!
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
My only wish is that you took holy paladins one step further and completely remove caster plate, and added spec benefits such as converting Strength into Intelligence.

it would have been hard to make hit and expertise work for healing

great post ^___^
Reply Quote

I have less experience with the new Retribution paladin, but I'm very glad we finally have an Interrupt there and a lot of buttons to press.

Lol @ that bit.

I wish I liked healing, the changes seemed to have gone over well with Holy.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, good job Blizz. Now go fix my shaman so I can use two-handers viably again ;)

In all seriousness, yep, nicely done Blizz. I agree completely.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks again for the post!

great post ^___^

Thanks!

Lol @ that bit.

Haha, sorry!~ I'm just being honest; I've not really played the new Retribution so I don't have a lot of input there.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Great post OP I totally agree. Got me back to the game after a long time off as well.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I just started playing again after a 6 month hiatus and i must agree with the OP.. I applaud you blizzard. Well done my friends. The paladin was my first class back in 05' back when i thought Holy could be a badass plate caster lol. Well I have since tried tanking and never really fell in love with it on my paladin... UNTIL NOW. I love how Holy and Prot both flow. They are amazingly fun. Thank you once again.

~Enjoy the calm before the Storm
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Agreed with the OP!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

we had an interupt b4 hoj....
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
How much did they pay you OP?

original game 6 years, three expansions. Which comes out to around -$1,000
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue

the GCD would like a word with you
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Paladin
First I'd like to preface this post a bit;

I've been playing World of Warcraft and Paladins in general since release date, back in 2004: when Blessing of Kings was the 31 point Retribution talent, we had a spell called Seal of Fury, and were expected to wear cloth and heal raids. I played through the entirety of classic WoW and its many changes, and all of Burning Crusade; though I admit to playing little of Wrath -- WoW had really lost its appeal to me by then.

Through it all, I had always wished that paladins could do more than simply heal for raids; that we could tank and we could do damage like other classes. That as a plate wearer, we'd be on the front line and getting into the thick of things. Through all of classic WoW, this never really happened, and those dreams slowly became a reality through Burning Crusade.

Blizzard, you've really hit the nail on the head this time -- I have to hand it to you. I have never felt, until now, that Paladins were Paladins. What you've done to this class is absolutely excellent and well crafted. I have had so much fun since the latest changes, I can't really even start to name them all, but I'll list what I can~

The Holy tree has such great synergy; where do I start? I love that Crusader Strike is a melee attack that generates Holy Power, giving me a reason, as a healer, to get into melee range and attack enemies to pay for a free, solid heal. Judgment (and healing others) also heals me as well, giving me greater safety for being in melee range and doing damage; it also boosts my spell haste and refunds mana (Seal of Insight). This is a load of fun to be on the front line, as a healer, with my tanking friend and being effective.

Besides that, the Holy tree has a lot of other fun dynamics; such as Holy Shock proccing instant-cast Exorcisms. I also love that Exorcism, with talents, is a cheap spell with no cool down, allowing me to play a pseudo-caster role when I have that itch. Holy Shock can also make my casted heals faster, and my casted heals can give me freebie Holy Shocks! Wow!

Protection is amazing as well; I love not having to worry about mana (same with Retribution). I like the rotation as well; hitting Hammer of the Righteous then filling in with another spell of my choice. It keeps it active and engaging; while Grand Crusader procs add a random "Yay!" flare where I can fire off Avenger's Shield again for mega-damage and threat. Building up Holy Power for Shield of the Righteous is great, too, and feels rewarding. I duo paladins with a friend and sometimes we go into a dungeon both as protection spec and create total carnage, it's great and thoroughly fun.

All in all, I have to say: Thank you, Blizzard, for the very impressive and incredible revamp of the paladin class. I have never had so much fun and it, along with all the new expansion stuff set in classic Azeroth, has really got very interested in WoW again.

Again, thank you! ^^

I really enjoying seeing posts like this myself too. I do get so tired of the QQ threads all the time lol.

This is my first paladin and was 30ish when 4.0 hit, but I am enjoying the new paladin too. :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

the GCD would like a word with you

the prot tree would like to have a word with the ret tree.
preferably out back with a tire iron.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
Nice post! Getting sick of all the "OMFG my retpally no longer 2button wunder! QQ!!!"
Reply Quote
74 Tauren Paladin
When i first started okaying WoW in patch 1.9 (oh good that AW war was SO amazing to me mind you, and thi was my first MMO) and leveled u as Holy not knowin ANYTHIN about paladins. I was all happy DPS'ing and i even went Engi!!

Then when i leveled up i realized i was just a Healer. Nothing more nothing less... oh and you specced Ret/Prot for Reckoning procs!!!! Oh reckombs were the funniest thing EVER.

So yeah at first i was just an old Holy. Then BC came up and my guild let me try tanking and ret at the 70 raids... then the problem came that other people did dps/tanking better then me. So i went holy again lol... and i was still and Engi!!!! I tried leveling up a pally but the apppeal was never nice.... then Wrath came up and i never touched my poor human pally again...

...nd since 4.0 i can honestly say that leveling paladin has been a refreshing exp for me. I love every moment. As a tank i have to make sure i press the riht buttons to do the job right... and as Ret i am a monster in BG's at my bracket, but dont feel too insane cause two people can take me down easy.

The new changes to Paladin has honestly made me fall in love with paladin class all over again. This is what a paladin should of been. Only thing different is that now i went Enchanting.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I started playing this game when BC came out and rolled a BE mage. I was one of lucky ones to be in a server 1st everything guild and had everything I wanted. It took a lot of hard work and time but I ended up with every full tier set from 5/5 T5, 8/8 T6, 5/5 T7.5 and 5/5 T8.5. After topping the meters for months and having nothing to do for almost a year waiting for ICC to come out. I quit my mage and leveled to Holy pally because it reminded me of a Red Mage from FFXI minus the enfeebling magic. I ended up healing and finishing all the hard-modes that were out at the time pre ICC.

Pally was just to boring at the time it took no skill. Ret was lol button mash and top the charts. Prot was lol aoe spam and button mash. Holy was lol 2 button mash and win. I remember when my 10 man hard-mode firefighter group 1 shot yes 1 shot it prenerf with 2 pallies and a druid healing because it was that easy. I wanna say I remember having 30%+ mana left over when the fight ended go go 4 divine guardians in that fight we had 1 ret pally 1 prot and 2 holy. I ended up quitting the game and said I'd never come back.

After reading all these wonderful changes that pally has been going through in preparation for cata. I decided with a few buddies of mine to start over from level one and relearn the class. Man oh man thank you sooo much blizzard for these changes. I've been playing all 3 specs and WOW the fun factor can only be compared to CHRONO TRIGGER which imo had the highest replay value that I've ever seen in a video game.

Holy- is a power house it's always been imo when played by a pro. Great pallies will finally stand out and bad pallies that thought they were good will fail and reroll because they can't adjust to doing more then hitting 2 heals. See ya later bads :D

Prot- OMFG where do I start. It's just so much fun we have REAL rotations now. No more conc spam and button mash. I soloed Hellfire Ramparts and Blood Furnace @ 60 wasn't easy and died a lot (some bad pulls) but did it and was a lot of fun. Hell they even got Prot pvp working pretty damn good now.

Ret- last night 2 62 Dk's 1 63 mage 1 61 lock rolled up on me last night and BOOM 2 shot mage BOOM 2 shot lock. 3-4 shot the Dk's. I did use everything in the book to win from potting to LoH, frost grenades etc etc hey it's pvp. PvE damage is pretty damn good you blow *@*# up. I've gotten 4 back to back Exo proc <3 <3 <3 love it. All those QQ Ret pallies need to read the damn forums the game is no longer balanced at 80 anymore it's balanced at 85. We were dps kings for this expac. Now It's time to get to 85 relearn the rotations and do it again. Ret still needs a bit more work in pvp but pve is looking fine to me.

Gear wise I'm in full high warlord everything I bought it all, shield, tank mace, healing mace the works. I'm really enjoying this class so much now. Blizzard thank you so much and keep going strong!!!!!! I could go on and on about my experience replaying pally but I think I've said enough.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
After the changes to pallys I decided to make it my first class 80-85 I LOVE THE changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]