Cata - some stores selling @ 9am others @ 7pm

90 Night Elf Hunter
My local EB Games has informed me that they will not be selling the new expansion until 7pm on the 7th.

I rang the EB Games consumer hotline 133930 and the phone operator there was not helpful and quite rude

I made inquiries at Harvey Norman and apparently they will be selling the game from 9.am on the 7th. (obviously it cant be played until the servers are up) I checked with 3 different Harvey Norman shops - Mildura, Horsham and Chadstone (the man from Chadstone rang me back after double checking and said they were definitely selling from 9 am and that there was no breach of anything as the game can not be played until its official launch time on that day.

This has made me very unhappy as i have paid a deposit from EB Games and cant understand why they wont sell it prior to the servers going live.

Have you ordered your game from EB Games? Have you checked what time they will be selling it? If you haven't I suggest you do so now and if you get the same answer as me, try ringing them on their customer support number 133 930 and let them know how unhappy you are at this.

I for one will never be buying anything from them ever again if they don't sort this out ( i have a 90 minute trip to get to mine and would like to be set up ready to go for 7pm)

Please make a fuss on this one, ring the above phone number as well as your local EB Games and make your voice be heard.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Seriously man, who cares.

Who really honestly cares. It's such a minute difference in time; you'll survive.

Yes, the three hours the guy will spend getting to and from his EB is a minute amount of time. As is the not-insignificant amount of time he will be waiting in line.

Sorry to hear your local EB store is doing something that doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Shaman
In theory, all store will be selling it at the exact same GMT time. So, my local store starts selling at 4pm GMT+8, but another store in a different timezone might be selling from 6pm GMT+10. DST not taken into account in examples.
If a store isn't complying to this, then they're doing it wrong and can face the consequences of whoever decided on this tact.

If you don't like the trip, why not just pre-order online? You can log in as soon as it's released.
Collectors ed would be worth a long trip
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I hate to squish on who ever is hosting this parade, but it does not matter when you acquire cataclysm because the server content does not go live until midnight US time, hence the capacity to digital download before cataclysm.

As opposed to previous expansions the unlocking is done sever side to allow for a great "world wide release" time.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
(the man from Chadstone rang me back after double checking and said they were definitely selling from 9 am and that there was no breach of anything as the game can not be played until its official launch time on that day.

I'd be a bit sus about that. My local store told me that they wanted a midnight release, just to have a midnight event, even if we couldn't play it until 7pm and they received a stern warning not to do this and not to release any copies of the game until 7pm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Get the digital download. It's worth losing the $5 US you paid for the deposit at EB.
Reply Quote
Ordered from D.Smiths (cause the first word is a bad word apparently :P) online for $36.10. They are sending the game off on the 6th to be at peoples houses the next day. I ordered Starcraft 2 from them also, got the game 9am day of release. Here's hoping they get it to me that early again.
Edited by Doodee on 11/30/2010 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]