Holy Paladin Professions in Cataclysm

80 Human Paladin
I've been curious to see what the greater majority of the holy paladin population has to say about professions that provide us the most raid utility/hps in Cataclysm. Any input on what your opinion is of viable raiding professions would be great.
82 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm Herbalism/Alchemy. Alchemy is great, having your raiding flasks last twice as long in raids is nice. Having the infinite mana potion is nice. And having a free 'lesser' flask for easy fights where you don't feel like burning one. Herbalism just because it supports the alchemy. Almost never use the Lifeblood heal.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Leather working

the new bracer enchant is overbudget and most likely will remain so through the first tier of raiding.

85 Human Paladin
I'm Herbalism/Alchemy. Alchemy is great, having your raiding flasks last twice as long in raids is nice. Having the infinite mana potion is nice. And having a free 'lesser' flask for easy fights where you don't feel like burning one. Herbalism just because it supports the alchemy. Almost never use the Lifeblood heal.

But you should - it now gives a haste proc. Actually, the haste proc is far more impressive than the mediocre heal it now gives.

I'm personally going to stick with mining and engineering - holding out hope they'll give my toys back. They're probably not optimal, but they're certainly not useless.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I know Holy/Prot for specs is not the best way to go for specs, but that is what i did. I don't have a lot of time to give to raiding as i have 11month old twins. I leveled as prot for the quick q's and pretty much fell in love, but i have played off and on 3 diff paladins since vanilla. As i am holy/prot i thought about what professions would best fit me. I chose blacksmith and mining and knew from the time i chose i would eventually drop mining for another helpful profession..jewelcrafting. Blacksmithing offers 2 extra sockets, 1 for hands and the other for bracers..and the 60 stamina from mining was not as good as the 63 from the 3 jc only gems i got..and also the 42 extra Int from the jc only gems. I played an alch/chanting pal in bc and cant for the life of me figure out what Puuros means by infinite mana potion..that sounds very nice for a benefit.
85 Human Paladin
I played an alch/chanting pal in bc and cant for the life of me figure out what Puuros means by infinite mana potion..that sounds very nice for a benefit.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43570

I use it all the time on my arcane mage - it actually counts as a dps cooldown when combined with Mana Adept.
82 Blood Elf Paladin

But you should - it now gives a haste proc. Actually, the haste proc is far more impressive than the mediocre heal it now gives.

I'm personally going to stick with mining and engineering - holding out hope they'll give my toys back. They're probably not optimal, but they're certainly not useless.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I didn't see that they had changed it. Yeah the heal still sucks, its nice for classes that don't get a lot of heals. But the haste proc is nice. Hit that with BL and off you go!
85 Human Paladin
I'm currently with JC/BS which I think are pretty nice for endgame but my virtual wallet is really going to suffer with those since they don't make much money unless you have a supply of ores. I guess I'll need to finish leveling an alt and mine.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]