So i lol'ed at a Spriest in a BG today.....

80 Dwarf Priest
he kept applying all his dots and i would just cleanse them as fast as they were applied, so he had no chance against my holy pally might. The Hpaly im playing seems like its viewed as a 10 man raid boss in BGs, it takes half the team to bring me down and while they are all focusing on me half my team sneaks by and grabs/caps a flag. I really am liking being a pally with some plate. I worry though that bliz will take some of my healy goodness awaybecause in some how OP.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Edited by Believe on 11/30/2010 6:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Hmm I have no problems killing holy pallies.. How are you going cleanse them dots and heal when I have you MCed? Or when I have you feared, locked down for 3 seconds and silenced?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm I have no problems killing holy pallies.. How are you going cleanse them dots and heal when I have you MCed? Or when I have you feared, locked down for 3 seconds and silenced?

This.

Holy paladins are extremely easy to kill as long as you have one person who knows how to stun/silence
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

This.

Holy paladins are extremely easy to kill as long as you have one person who knows how to stun/silence

Yeah I had an spriest melt my soul yesterday. He feared me, then when that was over with he silenced me. I was SO dead. I guess he figured he wasn't gonna kill me any other way lol (holydin here).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

This.

Yeah I had an spriest melt my soul yesterday. He feared me, then when that was over with he silenced me. I was SO dead. I guess he figured he wasn't gonna kill me any other way lol (holydin here).

I was unfortunate enough to be in a wsg with 2 arcane mages on the alliance side the other day.

I had several deaths that went like this:
polymorph> AB > stunned from improved poly while I take another AB> improved CS > 2 more ABs > dead me :(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
our dot protection really is bad though = / right now it only works if you dispel the VT that is on you. If it's on someone else, you can freely dispel it with no consequence. Also, you can macro in a /cancelaura to remove the horror. Also, the horror DR's itself AND psychic scream (lol). It's really quite bad.

Reply Quote
I can see how dumb that priest must have been. I've personally never had a problem aginst Holydins. My pvp gear is fairly behind everyone these days, but I'll just sit there and spam Mana Burn and laugh at the pally as he gets beat on with no mana to heal himself. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of pvp healers I see these days pay less attention to what's hitting them than they used to.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I know it takes a little while, but my favorite thing to do to Holy pallies is mana burn them. 1v1 they are virtually unkillable before that, but in any circumstances about 75% of the pallies I fight just shut down if they suddenly have no mana.

Literally, they just stop moving and keyboard turn back and forth. Its like they cant figure out why they suddenly cant do anything.
At this point I just DoT them up and then keep spamming Burn so they dont regen, and poof, dead pally.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TG
he kept applying all his dots and i would just cleanse them as fast as they were applied, so he had no chance against my holy pally might. The Hpaly im playing seems like its viewed as a 10 man raid boss in BGs, it takes half the team to bring me down and while they are all focusing on me half my team sneaks by and grabs/caps a flag. I really am liking being a pally with some plate. I worry though that bliz will take some of my healy goodness awaybecause in some how OP.

Yeah so enjoy the next 7 days? All healers including pallies are getting HUGE nerfs in PvP by level 85. Huge mana costs for heals and massive dps increase which does not scale with healing. Also larger health pools which will make you go oom rather quickly.

Being in god-mode is nice as a fleeting dream. Soon we will be in beggar-mode.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Being in god-mode is nice as a fleeting dream. Soon we will be in beggar-mode.

Well, if they made healers entirely undesirable to play in PvP in might solve a lot of the healer/no-healer balance issues people keep screaming about.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Well, if they made healers entirely undesirable to play in PvP in might solve a lot of the healer/no-healer balance issues people keep screaming about.

uhhh healers are players to man. Don't be like the kid in one of my random bg's that got pissed he couldn't kill a healer so he tried to make an argument that healers should be allowed in battlegrounds.

/mind boggled
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I had a couple of epic BG's last night where I heal-tanked 4 and 5 hordies, usually starting with the rogue who kept getting owned.

Sadly, this is not the norm. Usually it's a combo of gouge, blind, strangulate, and that damned range-silence that s'priests have.

I hate that!
Edited by Nestarielle on 11/30/2010 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
If you really want to piss dps off as a holy paladin... run around with a resto druid friend.

Bwa hahahahahaha.

Ahem. Yeah. Toss in your little arms warrior friend for fun and there is no way in hell anyone can even think about touching you, let alone dropping you below 50% right now.

PvP is so not balanced, at all, right now. Stop whining and complaining about something that no one will even remember a week from now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

uhhh healers are players to man. Don't be like the kid in one of my random bg's that got pissed he couldn't kill a healer so he tried to make an argument that healers shouldn't be allowed in battlegrounds.

/mind boggled

fixt, I think

And I was joking. Healers are an integral part of BGs, and what I really want to see is more viable tank-like setups; i.e. favoring survivability over burst DPS.
Reply Quote
61 Undead Priest
Deep Freeze then Counterspell is normally enough to get a paladin way too far behind on healing.
Edited by Mordon on 11/30/2010 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
Incase you didn't realize, OP is a priest, trolling and or trying to get a nerf because he is unable to PvP.

If you can't kill a holy pally in the duration of a counterspell or whatever CC you want with recent numerous nerfs to them you are bad and should still to questing
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It takes half a team to take down ANY healer right now,paladins are not special.

I hope this is sarcasm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]