protector of the innocent prot solo?

86 Blood Elf Paladin
I had 3/3 in this for 4.0.1 and it allowed me to solo content, but now I'm at a loss as to how to spec to try and solo anything given how little damage I do which then requires self-healing to get through longer fights yet I have no mana pool. What am I missing?

If I'm only supposed to use prot for 5-mans, raids then I guess I'll go learn how to do retribution again for soloing and give up any AoE farming or doing lower level dungeons solo.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll admit I've had to be much more careful when farming kara and outland heroics again.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZhrGfoddR0uf

Something like that. Just use Holy Light to heal - it should restore a massive chunk of your health, with the Crusade proc - around 20k, and for cheap. Otherwise, carry a stack of bandages. If you need more mana regen, use Seal of Insight.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I guess I'll have to try a spec like that. So it appears I would need one spec for tanking 5-mans in Cata, wait to see what other changes are made with regards to raid tanking issues and then if I want to use prot while leveling I'll need a separate spec like the one you listed.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'm not looking at your armory... but if you need to rely on PotI to keep you up in kara... get better gear.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
1. Use Seal of Insight
2. Spec into all of the WoG talents.
3. I'd say get better gear, but in a week it won't matter.
4. Success.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
The secret so far seems to be the Crusade proc after a kill as Jantilla mentioned above, assuming you aren't trying to farm mobs that are gray. I'm only getting around 18-19k on a Holy Light heal, but that's good enough for most stuff.

The amount of damage I do is incredibly sad, so I may still have to do ret as the offspec for leveling though.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
double post...
Edited by Dlish on 12/1/2010 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]