Reposted: Another Looking for guild thread

78 Night Elf Druid
I recently transferred to Ravenholdt in anticipation of Cataclysm and am looking for a guild. I have read some of the posts Aerana has written for folks regarding the same situation. I've also seen responses from Aerinea of Twighlight Empire, some from Renaissance, The Indelibles, Fallen Heroes, !@!erboozle of Reprisal, and the Sentinels. With that in mind, I still wanted to post a bit of info about myself in hopes of getting some inputs on which guilds I should look into (and who would have me!). I have this druid and an 80 warrior (mostly prot/arms experience). I am trying to decide if I'll use my druid (resto/feral) or warrior as a main in Cataclysm.

RP: have engaged in RP before, but honestly have never participated in it too deeply. I like it for atmosphere and occasional events, and am willing to keep an open mind about getting into it.

PVP: the more, the merrier. Looking forward to getting into a rated BG and arena team.

PVE: enjoy raiding and running heroics with groups on vent. I enjoy progressing in content, but work a fulltime job and am married so my schedule tends to be nights (Eastern) and weekends.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Aerinea from what i've seen is probably the most respectable player in wow i've seen. Not sure i can top that.

I've been trying to start up a new PvE/PvP guild with a few of my friends that have transfered here. I want to focus on getting a good raid team so that we can push the progression guilds to actually progress, or if not become one but without the stupid attendance rules or epeen arguements.

and PvP i've always loved. i have the pre-bc Sergeant Major rank and i want to get higher than that in rated BGs.

my only problem is that i'm not established so i lose potentials to the more established guilds. If you are willing to give us a try, you can find our recruitment post on the front page of these forums or whisper me in game. (who my guild and someone will point you to my alt)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Aerinea from what i've seen is probably the most respectable player in wow i've seen.

Flattering, but you're thinking of Aerana, the mage. >_>

As for you, Eljran! You already stole pretty much all of the guilds I would have suggested, and otherwise I know little of their PvP/PvE policies and whatnot.
So I'll fill you in on Twilight Empire's:
RP: Lots of RP. TE's priority #1 is RP. For more information on that stuff, I'd head on over to twilightempire.org and read the About Twilight section.
PvP: We have a special world PvP policies, but I'm sure rated bgs and arenas and whatnot wouldn't be an issue finding a team for in-guild :D
PvE: PvE situation might be weird in Cata, but I'm not sure, I'm not in charge of that area. During WotLK, TE did down Lich King (latelatelate, but it still happened), and I don't foresee them NOT raiding in Cata. Though I can never promise you a spot in raids, there'll almost always be someone willing to run heroics with someone else. :)

Not up your ally? Alley? I don't even know, I don't bowl often enough to know that. But anyway, always a good idea to check around for other guilds before you make a decision. Perhaps look into The Crimson Brotherhood, that Zerodor mentioned? Or even some of the ones you originally listed, but in more detail.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Stop swooning our rogues! Stick with your own class. >.<

I play a paladin, too. *swoons*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
my only problem is that i'm not established so i lose potentials to the more established guilds. If you are willing to give us a try, you can find our recruitment post on the front page of these forums or whisper me in game. (who my guild and someone will point you to my alt)

One thing you might start doing is making some inroads to the more established guilds. The more everyone gets to know you, even in your unestablished state, the more representatives who are regularly fielding posts like this will start to point recruits your way when we don't think we offer quite what they're looking for. Also, by filling in spots and/or interacting regularly with some of these larger guilds, you can keep your existing membership engaged and hopefully prevent people leaving out of frustration while you're building up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]