City Tabards and BC Dungeons

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So, my lowbie druid bought his TB tabard as soon as the patch hit, and used it from 50 to now 67. In the dungeons prior to Burning Crusade dungeons, he received rep for most of the mobs in the dungeon. As soon as I started to do the BC dungeons, my rep with TB hasn't gone up.

Trade chat is filled with knowitall knownothings, and just say 'It works, stfu'. So, is this as intended? Do they only work in 1-60 dungeons? Or 1-60, 70-80? I haven't bothered testing it on other toons as it doesn't bother me too much. Just wonderin' if it's meant that way or not..

Thaanks.
10 Dwarf Paladin
Unlike vanilla and WotLK instances, TBC's instances are connected in what rep you gain from them. I believe this is still intended. You should be able to gain rep again in WotLK instances.
87 Blood Elf Priest
Probably intentional as BC dungeons have specific reps, however according to the text they should, in theory, work the same way as anywhere else.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
That's the general consensus, yeah. But as the tabard reads, 'all rep gains while in the dungeon will be applied to ___'. AFAIK, Vanilla and WotLK dungeons for the most part don't offer any other rep gains throughout. BC is actually the only set of dungeons that offer rep. According to the tooltip, BC dungeons should be the ONLY dungeons that apply to the tabard... But that's just me.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Unlike vanilla and WotLK instances, TBC's instances are connected in what rep you gain from them. I believe this is still intended. You should be able to gain rep again in WotLK instances.

Pretty much true. You cannot "Champion" a reputation for two factions at the same time.

60-70 all have reputations tied to each dungeon, regular and heroic, and when you do them you get the respective reputation. The only reputation he could have received would be from the factions linked to the dungeons.
80 Night Elf Druid

This is in fact not true (the WOTLK part) the lich king instances are not awarding proper honor either and I believe that this is in fact a bug and not intended. It has been reported as a bug and we will have to see what happens as far as that goes.

Seams kind of silly to me to only allow it in nilla instances since you don't stay there for a long period of time. With the new quests and such very few people are actually chain instancing anymore which kind of puts a damper on this.

What they should do is make it so that QUESTS give you reputation toward the city's tabard that you are wearing.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
This is in fact not true (the WOTLK part) the lich king instances are not awarding proper honor either and I believe that this is in fact a bug and not intended. It has been reported as a bug and we will have to see what happens as far as that goes.

They hot fixed Lich King instances like back on the 24th. I got to exalted with LK heroics. BC dungeons remain intentionally not giving reputation for the above stated reasons that they already do give rep for other factions.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well. Thanks for the answers lol. Druid's just about at wotlk level, so I'll get over it.
Community Manager
If you are wearing one of the new faction tabards (e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.), you will only receive reputation gains for that city/faction when in Classic (1-60), Wrath of the Lich King (80 and Heroics), and Cataclysm (80-85) dungeons. Outland dungeons will not currently provide reputation gains for the "home city" faction you are championing; this is intended.

Also, just as a heads up, if dungeon mobs and bosses are trivial to you, you will receive less reputation than if they are within your level range. This is just to ensure that players who exceed the dungeon's intended level range can still benefit from championing a specific faction, but aren't given a distinct advantage over those who are of the appropriate level and are unable to solo the content. This should also help encourage players to improve their reputation in dungeons more appropriate for their level, rather than running lower level content solely for the reputation (which isn't a bad thing by any means; we just want you to enjoy the content designed for your level range, too). :)
Edited by Lylirra on 12/2/2010 8:17 AM PST
80 Blood Elf Paladin
(e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.)

I call Horde favouritism. You said Thunder Bluff first.
100 Night Elf Druid
If you are wearing one of the new faction tabards (e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.), you will only receive reputation gains for that city/faction when in Classic (1-60), Northrend (70-80), and Cataclysm (80-85) dungeons. Outland dungeons will not currently provide reputation gains for the "home city" faction you are championing; this is intended.

Why?

Yeah, I'm kind of curious myself. Why is that?
85 Night Elf Druid
If you are wearing one of the new faction tabards (e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.), you will only receive reputation gains for that city/faction when in Classic (1-60), Northrend (70-80), and Cataclysm (80-85) dungeons. Outland dungeons will not currently provide reputation gains for the "home city" faction you are championing; this is intended.

Why?

Because Outland dungeons provide reputation for the factions in Outland. Specific Dungeons are tied to Specific Factions.
85 Gnome Priest

It's not giving rep for Northrend dungeons.

edit: forgot there was maintenance today.. it wasn't working yesterday so I don't know about now.
Edited by Hiyotiyo on 11/30/2010 5:58 PM PST
82 Undead Rogue

Why?

Why not?
10 Dwarf Paladin

It's not giving rep for Northrend dungeons.

Seems to for me, on heroic anyway. I've been gaining rep with Gilneas just fine for several days now.
Edited by Gungnir on 11/30/2010 5:59 PM PST
80 Gnome Warrior
Blizz has and has always hated alliance
90 Undead Priest
It says that we get rep for 70-80, yet I've been wearing my tabard in all the dungeons I do, and I'm not getting a single rep gain from any mob inside the dungeons. Is it only working for heroics? I don't understand. I've done numerous ones, from nexus, UK, AZ, DTK, etc. No rep. At all. Can anyone clarify this for me?
87 Blood Elf Priest

Why?

Yeah, I'm kind of curious myself. Why is that?

We already went over this...because you get "other" rep instead...
Edited by Keiren on 11/30/2010 6:00 PM PST
90 Troll Druid

Yeah, this makes sense. My mage has the Bilgewater tabard equipped and he's gained rep in Wrath heroics.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]