City Tabards and BC Dungeons

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
If you are wearing one of the new faction tabards (e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.), you will only receive reputation gains for that city/faction when in Classic (1-60), Northrend (70-80), and Cataclysm (80-85) dungeons. Outland dungeons will not currently provide reputation gains for the "home city" faction you are championing; this is intended.

Why?

Yeah, I'm kind of curious myself. Why is that?

Most burning crusade dungeons already award rep to one faction or another. It was probably thought it it would be unbalanced if you where earning rep for 2 factions at once, or it was too difficult for Blizzard to work out the interactions between the tabard and regular reputation gain at this time.

Edit: G*d-damn the General forums get alot of traffic; by the time I had this typed out 4 other posts had beaten me to saying the same thing.
Edited by Drelnu on 11/30/2010 6:03 PM PST
Grrr, Deathwing ate my post.

I'd like to know why the BC content was left out. The Blood Elf and Draenei start zones didn't get the streamlining, there's no updated maps for those zones as well, and still loading screens between Eastern Kingdoms and Ghostlands, Eversong and Quel'danas. No maps in BC raids/instances, no flight master markers on the maps too. Burning Crusade content now feels outdated compared to the rest of the content in the game.
Edited by Gurloz on 11/30/2010 6:01 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Grrr, Deathwing ate my post.

I'd like to know why the BC content was left out. The Blood Elf and Draenei start zones didn't get the streamlining, there's no updated maps for those zones as well. No maps in BC raids/instances, no flight master markers on the maps too. Burning Crusade content now feels outdated compared to the rest of the content in the game.

Its LESS outdated than WoW vanilla content was, so it got passed over for a revamp at this time.
100 Dwarf Hunter

Why?
*sigh* Because most, if not all, Burning Crusade dungeons, already grant reputation with an Outland faction. Hellfire Citadel gives Honor Hold/Thrallmar, Coilfang Resivor grants Cenarion Expedition, most in Auchindoun grant Lower City, Mechanar/Arcatraz/Botanica grant rep with the Sha'tar, and Magisters Terrace grants SSO.
Edited by Aoir on 11/30/2010 6:04 PM PST
85 Dwarf Hunter
I don't remember if Wrath level 80 regular instances give rep w/o a Champion tabard like the heroics do (Valiance/Frostborn type reps, that is), but in theory they could modify the BC instances to work the same way... though it'd be nice if they also kept rewarding BC rep (right now, you reach a certain rep level, the non-70 regular BC instances quit rewarding any rep)
90 Tauren Shaman
If you are wearing one of the new faction tabards (e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.), you will only receive reputation gains for that city/faction when in Classic (1-60), Northrend (70-80), and Cataclysm (80-85) dungeons. Outland dungeons will not currently provide reputation gains for the "home city" faction you are championing; this is intended.

Also, just as a heads up, if dungeon mobs and bosses are trivial to you, you will receive less reputation than if they are within your level range. This is just to ensure that players who exceed the dungeon's intended level range can still benefit from championing a specific faction, but aren't given a distinct advantage over those who are of the appropriate level and are unable to solo the content. This should also help encourage players to improve their reputation in dungeons more appropriate for their level, rather than running lower level content solely for the reputation (which isn't a bad thing by any means; we just want you to enjoy the content designed for your level range, too). :)

" Northrend (70-80), "

I'd like to state that one as false.. you should say "Northrend HEROIC dungeons", my priest ,who's 71, did around 10 dungeons with the tabard on and zero reputation gain for any of 'em. Unless it's bugged....
10 Dwarf Paladin

Why?

Because Outland dungeons provide reputation for the factions in Outland. Specific Dungeons are tied to Specific Factions.

WotLK dungeons provide reputation for specific WotLK factions.

Yet that can be overwritten with a tabard.

I think WotLK instances are slighty different though. TBC instances give rep for one and only one faction. WotLK instances will fill in whatever WotLK-related faction you have not hit exalted with. So there is a difference, and that may be bigger than it seems.
90 Troll Druid
This doesn't make sense to me. The Bilgewater Cartel Tabard says specifically:
"Equip: You champion the cause of the Bilgewater Cartel. All reputation gains while in dungeons will be applied to your standing with them."
The way that the tabards are worded imply that any reputation gains for any faction would be changed into reputation gains associated with that tabard's faction. The Burning Crusade dungeons give reputation to certain factions, however, when a tabard is equipped those reputation gains should be changed to the tabard's faction as per the tabard's equip effect. If someone wanted the original faction reputation then that person would simply not wear another faction's tabard.
Community Manager
I'd like to state that one as false.. you should say "Northrend HEROIC dungeons", my priest ,who's 71, did around 10 dungeons with the tabard on and zero reputation gain for any of 'em. Unless it's bugged....

To my understanding, both normal and Heroic Wrath of the Lich King dungeons should award reputation to players who are wearing the new faction tabards. There may be additional requirements, however, that aren't overly explicit.

I'll look into this a bit further and then get back to you. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 11/30/2010 6:43 PM PST
Community Manager
Why?

There are technical limitations to overcome with respect to the Outland dungeons. It's something we're interested in pursuing, though, and will be keeping in mind for a future patch.
85 Orc Hunter
Why?

There are technical limitations to overcome with respect to the Outland dungeons. It's something we're interested in pursuing, though, and will be keeping in mind for a future patch.

So you're really saying it's NOT intended.
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm not getting a single rep gain from [...] nexus, UK, AZ, DTK, etc. No rep. At all. Can anyone clarify this for me?

I believe the rep thing specifically states that it replaces rep gained. In Northrend I believe rep was only gained on "level 80" dungeons. That makes it N HoL, N Oculus, N ToC, N ICC 5mans, and Heroics. I would try those and see if they work.

At least, that's how the Northrend tabards worked, so I assume they probably work off the same code.
98 Draenei Mage

Woot...I called it earlier today.

Maybe there is a technical limitation. Outland instances might not be "coded" to work with the tabard championing system.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127159387#7
85 Human Mage
Why?

It is intended. They want to change it in the future but it's not their highest priority.
Community Manager

Yes and no. It's not technically a "bug," but it's still something we may be able to address at a later point in time.
87 Tauren Warrior
I was running UK on my 70 Blood Elf Priest , was wearing the Org Tabard, and was not getting rep for Org
80 Undead Warlock
I tried using the Troll tabard in lvl 80 heroics, but it wouldnt award me any rep. I wanted some raptor mounts.

To my understanding, both normal and Heroic Wrath of the Lich King dungeons should award reputation to players who are wearing the new faction tabards. There may be additional requirements, however, that aren't overly explicit.

I'll look into this a bit further and then get back to you. :)

I thought only level 80 Northrend dungeons awarded reputation. This includes only certain normal dungeons (such as Culling of Stratholm, Utgarde Pinnacle, and all dungeons released 3.1 and beyond), and all heroics.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]