Why are we still pretending rogues are OP?

90 Undead Rogue
In fact why are people still suggesting rogues are even ON PAR with other classes.

Rogue, Hunters and to some degree shamans are in a pretty terrible place right now.

All QQ against them should seriously fall on deaf ears, since at this point it's more about you not being a decent player not the class.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Are we talking PvE or PvP here?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Both really.

While admittedly rogues PvE dps output potential is pretty alright at the moment.

PvP on the other hand is making me really flaccid when it comes to dealing damage.
Edited by Drillingbane on 12/1/2010 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
i'll agree on mut and combat in pvp, but sub has appeared to be very powerful in the videos i have watched of beta arena.

hunters though....ehhh....
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
In fact why are people still suggesting rogues are even ON PAR with other classes.

Rogue, Hunters and to some degree shamans are in a pretty terrible place right now.

All QQ against them should seriously fall on deaf ears, since at this point it's more about you not being a decent player not the class.

Sub is amazing in pvp...

All three shaman specs are in fantastic shape in both pve and pvp.

Survival was the #1 dps spec in the beta raid testing that took place.

survival during the OP explosive shot patch yes, when it could crit for 45-50K, that has since been reverted.
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Rogue
on a 1 minute CD I demo just about anyone... I can live with that. 1v1 has certain classes that are impossible, but not all, and in groups it's easy to pick a target and know that they're going to die.

Hunters are... yeah... i cry for them a little
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Good rogues can destroy people by controlling the whole fight in a 1v1 so people hate them, but fortunately for all of us there are tons of bad rogues that you can kill while going 1v2 so... ymmv
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Because people that dont pay real attention to beta logs and who watch videos are the people that post the most. PvE rogues were neck and neck with enhance shamans for last place dps when they released the 85 epics. That is Fact.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Rogues have been one of the greatest classes to every enter competitive pvp? They have been a good class in every single arena season and in some seasons they were top. At gaming tournaments like MLG rogues are one of the highest represented class if not the highest represented class. RMP has been one of the best 3v3 teams out there for a very long time now. And they are the undisputed kings of 1v1.

The only downside of the class is that they aren't very good in large scale pvp but that might be changing also with all the new stuff they are getting in cataclysm. They may be the most well rounded class in wow period lots of cc, lots of control/stuns, lots of powerful defense cool downs, one of the best snares in the game and many escape tools.

You've never played a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

All three shaman specs are in fantastic shape in both pve and pvp.

Wow at someone saying enhancement shaman are in fantastic shape.
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Rogue

You've never played a rogue.

you've never played one well?

we're not that broken... some mechanics need massive fixes, almost all classes have something like that right now. Having been in the beta, and not pulling "we were the worst" during a test patch that was reverted, I can say that at 85 we're not the worst. We're no where near the best, but we can still hold our own in PVE and in PVP. Burst is being lowered at 85 and if you have recuperate running, your target has to do twice your HP in damage by the 60 second mark for you to die.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Rogues take a lot more effort to compete in pvp with other classes, but they CAN still compete with them, you just can't be lazy.

If rogues were buffed so you could play them with minimal effort to compete with other classes, the GOOD rogues would be unstoppable, due to the class mechanics.

A rogue takes timing and strategy, you can't rush into a fight without thinking it through and expecting to win.

If you don't want to bother with the effort, roll a pally, warrior or DK.

----
Look, I understand where you are coming from, why should rogues have to put in all the effort just be on the same level? Well, it's the mechanics, the class would have to be completely reworked from the ground up, and no one cares enough about rogues to do that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]