Why are we still pretending rogues are OP?

85 Goblin Warlock
it's almost like locks weren't the strongest ranged dps of the last 2 expansions

Re-read his quote and think it through before posting next time... he is talking about the issues locks had in Wrath Beta that carried in S5. Yes, it was later fixed. It doesnt change the fact that warlocks were 100% a free HK in S5.

Also, warlocks are far from the strongest rdps in wrath. They are highly represented because of their synergy with the overpowered Spellcleave by having an AoE stun that can be used to setup kills for his (usually) ele shaman partner, which is the true damage dealer in the team.

You said it just in a sneaky way. You are implying rogues can be overpowered because they take more skill to play than other classes (which is only a statement a fool would make).

em... no? Just no? You are reading whatever you want to read, hey? He is saying precisely the opposite: rogues take more skill to play to be on par with other classes, therefore if you reduce the skill cap but dont change the mecanics, players struggling now will jump to be on par with other classes but those already on par with currrent rogues will go over-board and be overpowered. He is warning against potential buffs, not asking for them...

As for my personal opinion? Well thats the issue with rogues: they are binary. The entire class is kill or be killed. The result is an extremely frustrating gameplay for both parties: playing against a rogue can mean not even being able to fight back, or it can mean the rogue cannot possibly stand a chance of winning, depending on outside factors (what CDs are up, peelers, etc)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
As for my personal opinion? Well thats the issue with rogues: they are binary. The entire class is kill or be killed. The result is an extremely frustrating gameplay for both parties: playing against a rogue can mean not even being able to fight back, or it can mean the rogue cannot possibly stand a chance of winning, depending on outside factors (what CDs are up, peelers, etc)

Well said.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Tsillah wrote:

If there's going to be no bonus for playing a more difficult class there shouldn't be a more difficult class, all there is to it really. But the biggest thing about rogues is that you can't beat anyone without outplaying them by leaps and bounds. Meanwhile half-assers roflstomp your face and barely even take dmg.

Right, thats what I was saying, but this is because of the Rogues mechanics, you have to be good to be on equal par with other people, but you CAN be on par...

I have nothing else to add really, other than I am too lazy to put in the effort required to pvp on my rogue, and I'll be levelling a different class in expansion.
Edited by Tremain on 12/1/2010 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Rogues have been and always will be exceptionally good at PVP.

Season 7, second to last represented class.

Season 8, least represented class.

Try to know what you're talking about next time.

RLS and PMR where two rank 1 viable comps

sorry try again

I have to wonder about representation. Is it total representation between all three brackets? Or just 3's and/or 5's?

Do rogues have a powerful 2's comp? Lack of numbers in 2's, while damaging from the representation perspective, is hardly damning considering even the devs consider 2's to be nearly a waste of time even though it's by far the most popular venue.

Now, if most of the rogue number actually come from 2's, then they're just screwed. Especially considering their PvE representation is down as well.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
The numbers come from glad capable brackets, meaning 3's and 5's currently. Previous seasons also include 2's.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Rogues have been and always will be exceptionally good at PVP.

Season 7, second to last represented class.

Season 8, least represented class.

Try to know what you're talking about next time.
it's hilarious to consider 5s rep when arguing this, no one can seriously argue that rogues doing terrible in 5s was because of mechanics native to the class and not due to melee being far, FAR weaker in that bracket.

go do yourself a favor and look at the stats for 3s, rogues were strong in s7 and decent in s8. they have been the first or second strongest melee every season or arena.

don't link intentionally misleading data and expect no one to call you on it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
All three shaman specs are in fantastic shape in both pve and pvp.

What world do you live in?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
it's hilarious to consider 5s rep when arguing this, no one can seriously argue that rogues doing terrible in 5s was because of mechanics native to the class and not due to melee being far, FAR weaker in that bracket.

go do yourself a favor and look at the stats for 3s, rogues were strong in s7 and decent in s8. they have been the first or second strongest melee every season or arena.

don't link intentionally misleading data and expect no one to call you on it.

So you don't get glad via 5's?
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid

Well said.

/agree.

To add to this though....The absolute worse part about fighting a rogue in the past was the "can't do that while stunned" --> dead.

Moo
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
it's almost like locks weren't the strongest ranged dps of the last 2 expansions

Re-read his quote and think it through before posting next time... he is talking about the issues locks had in Wrath Beta that carried in S5. Yes, it was later fixed. It doesnt change the fact that warlocks were 100% a free HK in S5.

Also, warlocks are far from the strongest rdps in wrath. They are highly represented because of their synergy with the overpowered Spellcleave by having an AoE stun that can be used to setup kills for his (usually) ele shaman partner, which is the true damage dealer in the team.

You said it just in a sneaky way. You are implying rogues can be overpowered because they take more skill to play than other classes (which is only a statement a fool would make).

em... no? Just no? You are reading whatever you want to read, hey? He is saying precisely the opposite: rogues take more skill to play to be on par with other classes, therefore if you reduce the skill cap but dont change the mecanics, players struggling now will jump to be on par with other classes but those already on par with currrent rogues will go over-board and be overpowered. He is warning against potential buffs, not asking for them...

Except no rogues do not have to try extra hard to be "on par" with other classes. That is a myth that needs to go away. Where did it even come from anyways?

A badly played rogue is just as powerful as a badly played warrior. Except a good played rogue is better than good played warriors because the mechanics of the rogue class permit this.

A poorly played rogue either gets better, quits, or rolls a pally/warrior/mage.
Edited by Asynja on 12/1/2010 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well, the only classes at level 80 that can kill me in 5 seconds, are feral druids, rogues, and mages.

I can't comment on rogues or ferals at 85 though.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Last season was a caster dps season.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I got 3 shot by a rogue in eye of the storm yesterday, on my shadow priest, with 33k health and 1300 resilience

rogues are fine, balanced and not currently OP...you are just used to a free OP ride and now you have to work for it...QQ

I have full wrathful and 277 PVE daggers and there is no way a rogue 3shot you (why: dispersion/psychic horror/psychic stream.)

you're probably trolling
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue

Rogues have been one of the greatest classes to every enter competitive pvp? They have been a good class in every single arena season and in some seasons they were top. At gaming tournaments like MLG rogues are one of the highest represented class if not the highest represented class. RMP has been one of the best 3v3 teams out there for a very long time now. And they are the undisputed kings of 1v1.
[/quote]

LOL someone didnt pay attention to season 8. You still think RMP is still a top tier comp? You think rogues are the best 1v1 class? LOL[/quote]

mefightnow, the warrior is a troll. as far as i can tell he loses to rogues and mages and then goes to the boards to say how op they are. just ignore anything he posts and youll find its a more constructive thread with out him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]