Why are we still pretending rogues are OP?

81 Night Elf Druid
Sub is quite strong in PvP
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
At the end of the day, I think all non-rogues are in agreement that nerfs to rogues are a buff to everyone else's enjoyment of the pvp scene.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming rogues are overpowered or anything. They are just incredibly annoying, with a set of really obnoxious cooldowns. The average player might be irritated by a cooldown or two from every other class, certainly, but the rogue class is seemingly built to get under people's skin.

So in the interest of making the game enjoyable to as broad a base as possible, keep the rogue nerfs coming please. The less of them there are, the happier everyone else will be.

To the ground, baby.

as sad as it makes me....i feel i almost have to agree with this post lol.

when a healer is around all we seem to be are annoying little mosquitoes buzzing around.

So all you guys are saying is..remove rogues from the game even if they are not really a threat to you or your class, because they annoy you. I hope you are trolling.

Feral druids and mages are like gigantic head eating mosquitoes to me. I think they should be nerfed until nobody plays them simply because they annoy me.

They don't just annoy me. They annoy everyone.

Imagine there's no rogue class, it's easy if you try.
Noone stealthing behind us, above us, only sky.
Imagine all the pvpers, living for today, aha

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll reroll, and the world of warcraft will live as one.

Imagine theres no crippling poison, it isn't hard to do.
Nothing to rage or whine at
and no dismantle too.
Imagine all the people pvping in peace, aha

Imagine no stealthers, I wonder if you can.
No need for flare or shouts
I'd be awesome, man!
Imagine all the pvpers, no fear of gankers in the world, aha

Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
perennial favorites of boomkins

Welcome to WoW, always good to see new faces join up when an expansion draws near. However, please refrain from looking at the current position of the game and using it to guess what has happened in the past for you will find that you can often be quite wrong. Have a good day!
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
No one is pretending
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Rogue
If you did play a warrior you would know these things but you seem to only see things through the eyes of a rogue.

You're guilty of the same crime (in reverse)

2. Rogues don't do damage while the target is stunned via combo point generators? Rogues do plenty of damage to their target while it's stunned. Small story short, stuns are in effect free time to get in damage and lock down your target.
[quote]

Stuns themselves don't do (much) damage. While Cheap Shot DOES give combo points, it requires stealth and takes a fair amount of energy. In essence, that's energy you don't have to increase damage. Kidney Shot doesn't just take energy, it takes those combo points you've worked so hard to build. By the time you use it, all you've got left is white damage.

Rogue stuns had their time (re: stun locks), but that time is long over. They can still be useful, but if you're looking to do damage, a trinketable stun isn't the way to go ... From a Rogue's perspective.

[quote]
3. Being cool down dependent means you have less active abilities to worry about. Warriors have to worry about many things coming off cool down quickly. Rogues have a minimal rotation in pvp making it easier to time cool downs.

Oh, trust me, Rogues have a LOT to worry about. They have many active abilities that require a quick depleting resource (much like your Warriors), but then they still have to worry if they'll have the tools they need or if they will be on CD. It's very frustrating, you should try it.

4. You don't have to stance dance for shield wall, intercept, recklessness, shield block or disarm ?

Not sure where you're going with this, but again, trust me Rogues do plenty of dancing.

I respect Warriors a lot. Unlike casters who have a HUGE mana pool, Warriors, Ferals, Rogues, and now Hunters have to deal with a (albet quickly regenerating) limited supply. It's kind of like a glass ceiling. And all of these classes (minus hunters) are melee, which is much harder than anything ranged. But if you're going to accuse someone of not seeing things from a Warrior's perspective, you should at least try and see them from their perspective first.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
I honestly think most rogues are overreacting like they did in WoLTK. They have been strong in every expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I honestly think most rogues are overreacting like they did in WoLTK. They have been strong in every expansion.

I think it's part of a cunning strategy to play the victim class. Seems to be working quite well for warlocks too
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid

I think it's part of a cunning strategy to play the victim class. Seems to be working quite well for warlocks too

Agreed
Reply Quote
8 Draenei Warrior
Do you also play a Shaman?

Rogues definitely could use a buff overall. Hunters... debatable, but Shamans? Really?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue

Agreed

we will always be good in pvp and pve (except rated bgs) as blizz does balance, its mechanics that most rogues worry about.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

Imagine there's no rogue class, it's easy if you try.
Noone stealthing behind us, above us, only sky.
Imagine all the pvpers, living for today, aha

Imagine theres no crippling poison, it isn't hard to do.
Nothing to rage or whine at
and no dismantle too.
Imagine all the people pvping in peace, aha

Imagine no stealthers, I wonder if you can.
No need for flare or shouts
I'd be awesome, man!
Imagine all the pvpers, no fear of gankers in the world, aha

My name is Aeriwen and I approve this message, err...format.

+1 likes

I've only skimmed the thread, but most people hate rogues until you have a good one on your side peeling for you. I don't think there's a class in the game that doesn't pair well with a rogue. A good rogue will give you breathing room to rack up those honor kills. :)
Edited by Aeriwen on 12/2/2010 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Gnome Warrior
1. Rend: Is a manual bleed you have to keep up for overpower procs.

Your point is? A proc =/= a setup. But lets say you are right... are you seriously comparing using 1 skill every 15 seconds vs accumulating 5 combo points before every finisher? And pretending they are the same? LOL

A setup doesnt mean (allows to use a skill outside its regular parameters). It means the skills is absolutely un-usable under any circumstance unless other skills are used first.
2. Rogues don't do damage while the target is stunned via combo point generators? Rogues do plenty of damage to their target while it's stunned. Small story short, stuns are in effect free time to get in damage and lock down your target.

You are retarded. If you prefer, look at it this way: you can use EITHER throwdown OR mortal strike but they both share a 10 seconds CD. Sure, you still have your white swings and overpower/HS.. you'd still be sacrificing damage for control.

Opportunity cost means you have to choose between two element and cannot under any circumstance use both one after the other.

3. Being cool down dependent means you have less active abilities to worry about. Warriors have to worry about many things coming off cool down quickly. Rogues have a minimal rotation in pvp making it easier to time cool downs.

You are kidding me right? Yeah, i think you are... or are you trolling?

Being cooldown dependent means you have MORE active abilities to worry about... or are you somehow trying to pretend that 10 < 2 ? Cause if you are... i think there is something wrong with your brain.

P.S. i know you are just talking about straight damage attacks but again, vacuums are for the mentally challenged. Let us know when you are ready to join us in the real world where there are other factors then that tunnel vision of yours.
4. You don't have to stance dance for shield wall, intercept, recklessness, shield block or disarm ?

Its true, i forgot about intercept (used to playe as prot).
As for the rest you might want to re-read what you quoted before looking too dumb... i did say ''you go D stance when going defensive''. Stance dancing atm is minimal at best. The only ''real'' stance-dance left is disarming an enemy and going back to B stance. If you had played in vanilla, or even BC, you would understand what i mean.

If you did play a warrior you would know these things but you seem to only see things through the eyes of a rogue
Except this is my warrior.... my SECOND warrior (rerolled from horde). Who looks retarded now, hey?

Just help yourself man, stop posting. Because all you spew is a compendium of misinformation and ignorance. All you have managed so far is prove that you have no idea what opportunity cost means, you have no idea what setuping skills means, you have no idea what being cooldown dependant means and you somehow arnt even aware that having more skills to juggle means... you have more skills to juggle (and not less...).
Edited by Pokeball on 12/2/2010 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Agreed

we will always be good in pvp and pve (except rated bgs) as blizz does balance, its mechanics that most rogues worry about.
see, i don't know why more rogues don't take this line of reasoning- no one can argue with this.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I'd be fine with rogues being removed from the game. Just give me a free reroll to a level 80 hybrid or warrior.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Only trolls like haply or that weird warrior believe rogues are OP now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]