Dude where's my ret dps?

86 Human Paladin
Before the latest ret changes I was consistently top 3-5 in DPS. After the patch, I am consistently bottom 3-5 in dps. Same spec, almost the same rotation, same gear. All ret paladins in raids I have been in since that patch are consistently near the bottom in dps. Ret dps is so low that if I was a raid leader, I would reconsider bringing any ret paladin to the raid for dps. Its simple math really, and raid leaders who hope to progress cannot ignore it. Right now, if you want to progress, don't take the ret paladin for dps.

Will ret dps be this bad at 85?

Will ret dps jump from dead last to competitive in 5 levels?

unlikely...
Reply Quote
12 Undead Rogue
Universal answer for "What happened to my DPS?" "What happened to my class?" "What happened to my abilities?" "What happened to my talents?" questions that occurs after 4.0.1 :

Wait until level 85
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Will ret dps be this bad at 85?

Will ret dps jump from dead last to competitive in 5 levels?

unlikely...

By looking at the movies put out by Paragon and Irae AOD I saw a # of Rets that were top 4 area most fights and 1st place a few. I didn't get the chance in beta to play with a Ret in PvE but all I heard was how bad the mechanics are. This leaves me to believe they are ok on dps since if they weren't the extremely vocal pally community would have been unable to shut up about it. But idk I wont bring out my pally for fear I will have to heal so I haven't paid attn to see if there were any game breaking changes since blizzcon. Most of what I saw dps wise was War, Lock, DK any spec, Ret, all those possible top 3 and Hunter 3-5. The vids somewhat back up my xp I was really surprised to see Ret so high cuz they felt like less of a threat in PvP.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
lawl, i am now being out-dps by a prot pally by 3k in ICC 25. nice.

prot pally was #2 dps on loot ship. great pve dps balance!
Edited by Samaul on 12/1/2010 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If I had to guess, they reverted the hotfixes. I.e. you won't get back to parity until Inquisition.

*Wait, how did I miss that this was about loot ship? /facepalm
Edited by Snozberries on 12/2/2010 6:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

Your dps is probably bad because you think Gunship is a fight to care about who is doing more damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

He was probably tanking the adds. He's AoEing the ENTIRE fight. What are you doing? Oh yeah, you're supposed to be killing mages and/or shooting cannons and occasionally helping with adds. Also Vengeance.
Reply Quote
That's funny, because I am still among the top DPS.
Edited by Maeltum on 12/2/2010 2:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My car is gone too!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why are you even still running ICC?

Why are you not?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It's waiting for you at level 85.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]