Possible HotR bug?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm sorry if this is a known issue, I've tried searching for this topic but maybe I just fail at searching.

Anyway, I've been noticing for a long time (pretty much the entire time I've been leveling this guy as Prot), that HotR sometimes doesn't deal damage to nearby targets. I hit the button, I hear the sound of the spell being cast, and I gain 1 Holy Power, but the ripple spell effect does not happen and none of the mobs around me (including my target!) take any damage.

I have confirmed this on my main target by simply watching their unit frame's health (and seeing it not move), and confirmed that it doesn't deal damage to surrounding mobs by using health bars. If I run into a pack of mobs, use HotR, and the bug occurs, all of them will still be at 100% health. At this point, a healer putting a HoT on me will pull threat from me.

I've had this happen all the time in pretty much every situation. Soloing, PvP, tanking instances. I've had it happen on every kind of terrain. I can't figure out what causes it. I have a feeling it has something to do with the mob positioning, because if I encounter the bug and don't move, all subsequent uses of HotR will also be bugged. However, if I adjust my position slightly or target another mob, that usually fixes the problem.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]