Question about the RP

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm looking for another RP server to come visit and I've heard WA is pretty darn good.

Going to be experiencing some of the newer class combos, cause I'm currently maxed out on my server.

NE Mage, Dwarf Shaman, BE Warrior, Troll Druid, etc. Just curious how RP is horde and alliance side, if there are any specific "hot spots" for RP, and any guilds who are welcoming to new people on the server that might not sign on but once or twice a week.

:-)

Thanks.
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't speak for alliance but horde rp used to be fantastic until the patch yesterday. I used to be able to find rp all the time in silvermoon now it is empty and i was on for hours looking for rp and could not find any.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Which could easily be because, yanno... patch hit yesterday. XD Lots of people were out and about, exploring areas, running revamped dungeons, raiding Gamon... no, really, I watched. :p But, all in all, I really like WRA. It's very active, there are literally tons of RP-centric guilds and it's one of the few RP servers I've seen with it's own active, separate site. ((Google Wyrmrest Accord.net if you would like.))

Beyond that, best advice I can give is make a lowbie and go exploring. If you make an orc or troll, I see (Excuse me if I misspell this) Jin al Zandali fairly frequently in Durotar.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
I can't speak for alliance but horde rp used to be fantastic until the patch yesterday. I used to be able to find rp all the time in silvermoon now it is empty and i was on for hours looking for rp and could not find any.

Frankly, I think the patch can only be good for RP if it means breaking out of the dreary SMC/Brill stuff that typically goes around. More world RP, more RP in Kalimdor and the EK. And I've seen a lot more Orc, Tauren, Troll and Forsaken RPers out and about.
Reply Quote
Neutral opinion-
I've been here before, I still have Alliance here. Less than satisfied with the RP. Most of it is cliquish with the exception of the taverns, but I stay away from those because I've seen too many Mary-Sues and godmodders. On both sides.

Forget it if you have a guild planned and want to claim a hall for it, like most guilds do. WRA is not known for it's understanding community when it comes to this. -My- server is more respectful than the people here when it comes to property... and it's one of the top World PvP servers... That is rather sad.

All in all if I had to rate it... 3.5 our of 5. Drama and stupidity runs rampant through about a third of the RP population. Though all in all, you will run into more decent people than idiots... usually, and the RP isn't a problem if you can wedge yourself into a guild.

Stay away from the usual spots, Silvermoon has been nothing but trouble for me in the past, despite the numerous chances I've given it... and I just take the precaution of not even breathing when I'm near Goldshire in fear of the could of VD that usually hangs over it.

Over all: Not the worst place you can set up shop. Probably the best to find random RP. I am rather fond of Venture Co, but you really only get RP if you're in a guild... and there are a lot of RP-PvP guilds, amazingly.
Reply Quote
Alliance rp is very insular in the fact that at least prior to this patch you had to be in stormwind or duskwood to find any. The best advice for both ally or horde is to find a nice guild, which really helps open up rp avenues. Either way if you ever see me on hit me up always open to random rp ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Let the dust settle a bit before you count us out. Lots of people are running around exploring, leveling long awaited alts, and they probably will be for the next week. As ashamed as I am to say it, I've been fully out of character going everywhere, touchin' stuff.

Stormwind will likely remain the main hub, as far as RP goes, but I can see some cropping up in various places fairly quickly once everyone gets over the "OHWOWOHWOWOHWOWLOOKATTHAT". I did see some RP happening in Goldshire (not the bad sort) last night and a little this afternoon.

Fill out your MRP and walk. Should catch someone if there's someone else around. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Stay away from the usual spots, Silvermoon has been nothing but trouble for me in the past, despite the numerous chances I've given it... and I just take the precaution of not even breathing when I'm near Goldshire in fear of the could of VD that usually hangs over it.

I have to completely disagree with this. Silvermoon is a great hub for rp, random or not. Goldshire, is fine, no erp, no constant dueling, no naked toons.
Reply Quote
As stated, the new patch is causing the lack of random RP. People are just too excited; running around leveling new combos, seeing what has changed, etc. Things will slowly return to normal as the "new hotness" wears off.

There are several casual RP guilds around. Peruse the list and see what interests you. Make a toon and see if it's a good fit.

Good luck and hope to see you soon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
As stated, the new patch is causing the lack of random RP. People are just too excited; running around leveling new combos, seeing what has changed, etc. Things will slowly return to normal as the "new hotness" wears off.

There are several casual RP guilds around. Peruse the list and see what interests you. Make a toon and see if it's a good fit.

Good luck and hope to see you soon.

^This

My druid, that I rolled fresh last night, is now level 25. This is with me also doing work and school. DX

Everyone is so busy seeing everything that it will take awhile for rp to set up shop. But when it does? Man, it's gonna be EPIC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for all the replies everyone!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]