Frost DPS 4.0.3

85 Undead Death Knight
Hello Death Knight Community Vanche Here,

I was wondering I quit my Death Knight to play my Enhance shaman during 4.0.1 for a bit. I was wondering what the DPS spec was now in 4.0.3? Is 2h Frost still Viable or does DW Frost Pump way better numbers? I don't really like the play style of Unholy so I would like to stay away from it. also am I gemmed right? I did it without thinking and kinda thought it would be ok.

Any information is greatly appreciated thank you and have a good day.

Vanche
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Presently DW is better than 2H for both Frost and Unholy PvE. The difference in performance is roughly 5-10% overall DPS. Technically speaking, 2H frost is perfectly viable... it's just not as good as DW if you're min/maxing.

This is subject to change, particularly in the case of Unholy, since Blizzard has stated overtly that they don't want Unholy to DW.
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Death Knight
I always thought DW should of been unholy and blood 2h but that isn't the case. I like 2h frost for 5 man but DW frost is the way to go right now.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
IDK why this question is always answered incorrectly.

Unholy is pretty significantly ahead of Frost DW and Frost 2H, with BiS gear DW Frost beats out 2H Frost, but there are not too many 284 1H axes laying around.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Frost DW is going to be the best when cata gear comes out. If you get the right rotation down in cata tier epics your looking at 10k DPS or higher.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Frost DW is going to be the best when cata gear comes out. If you get the right rotation down in cata tier epics your looking at 10k DPS or higher.

what?

Unholy 2H is theoretically slightly ahead of Frost DW come cata, 2H Frost is gonna be dead with the combat ratings boost losing the massive amount of haste.

Multiply your dps number by about 1.5-2x as well.
Edited by Griefpb on 11/25/2010 2:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Between DW Frost and 2 Hand Frost I notice a 300 DPS difference between my 2 specs.
DWing 2 heroic BVB's and 2 handing a Shadowmourne, so really ... not to much difference go with what you like.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]