Cape of Stranglethorn Quests Achievement

100 Tauren Druid
I'm currently stuck at 57/60 on this achievement. I've been up and down the zone several times looking for more quests and even finished off the Northern STV zone and still nothing. Am I bugged out because I have some quests marked as completed from doing the old Loremaster or am I missing an obvious area?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am having this same issue. There are the bloodsail buccaneer quests that could still be done, but that requires gaining rep with them at the loss of rep with steamwheedle cartel, and that whole scenario deals with a feat of strength, so it seems obvious that this method of completing the quests is unintended.
Edited by Mansickle on 11/25/2010 5:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I am also having a similair problem. Currently 46/60 and I`ve gone up and down the zone multiple times, with no luck. I`m wondering maybe if there will be more quests added come cataclysm? or perhaps like Bull said a bug from pre-patch completed quests.

On a side note...the new STV is pretty fun :)

*Edit: Found 1 more in the STV arena but still 47/60
Edited by Orianu on 11/25/2010 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I'm also at 57/60 horde side, all quests completed no more offered from the major hubs. I noticed I was not offered a quest for "The Holy Water of Clarity." Could this be part of the bug?
Reply Quote
For the northern area I'm at 47/50 with the only quest available being one that I can't complete because goblins hate me. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I am having this same issue. There are the bloodsail buccaneer quests that could still be done, but that requires gaining rep with them at the loss of rep with steamwheedle cartel, and that whole scenario deals with a feat of strength, so it seems obvious that this method of completing the quests is unintended.

If you mean the chain you get from Booty Bay that sends you to the recruiter where you get a buff that makes you friendly with them then no, you won't lost rep with the Cartel or gain rep with the Bloodsail. It's a sorta long quest chain where you infiltrate them but it ends with several more quests in BB that award Cartel rep and is quite fun.

On the note of fun - the entire STV quest experience was AMAZING! Especially the BSB infiltration line.

For the northern area I'm at 47/50 with the only quest available being one that I can't complete because goblins hate me. Any ideas?

You went over the entire zone? I had about 5 extra quests for N STV and the only Goblins I ran in to up in Northern were the Bilgewater Cartel.
Edited by Bullshifts on 11/25/2010 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

If you mean the chain you get from Booty Bay that sends you to the recruiter where you get a buff that makes you friendly with them then no, you won't lost rep with the Cartel or gain rep with the Bloodsail. It's a sorta long quest chain where you infiltrate them but it ends with several more quests in BB that award Cartel rep and is quite fun.

On the note of fun - the entire STV quest experience was AMAZING! Especially the BSB infiltration line.

You went over the entire zone? I had about 5 extra quests for N STV and the only Goblins I ran in to up in Northern were the Bilgewater Cartel.

I'm stuck at 49/50 for N STV, was there a mob you killed that drops a quest?
Reply Quote
From what I remember, I did Rebel Camp, Nesingwary's Expedition, Fort Livingston along with the raptor pet questline
Edited by Femur on 11/25/2010 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Horde are unable to complete the achievement because the holy water questline was removed from the game for some reason, it was 3 quests long, which is what we need.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

I'm stuck at 49/50 for N STV, was there a mob you killed that drops a quest?

Yes there is a mob that drops a quest - the Mosh'Ogg Witch Doctor drop an item for the quest http://www.wowhead.com/item=58491. I did get the 50 achieve and had 4 or 5 more quests to do in that area so there might have been one or two more drop quests.
Edited by Bullshifts on 11/25/2010 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Horde are unable to complete the achievement because the holy water questline was removed from the game for some reason, it was 3 quests long, which is what we need.

Horde can complete it per the wowhead comments I've seen other Horde players have it completed. There is either a quest chain we've missed in the Cape or those with the old loremaster can't complete it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I'm Horde, I got the achievement today, and I had the old Loremaster.

Besides all the quest hubs, the 60th quest for me was the one in the arena (thanks to the tip above).
Edited by Gronan on 11/25/2010 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote

Horde can complete it per the wowhead comments I've seen other Horde players have it completed. There is either a quest chain we've missed in the Cape or those with the old loremaster can't complete it.

The only wowhead comments from horde players are also concerning being stuck at 57-59 quests. It's bugged.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Was anyone able to figure this out? I've been stuck at 57/60 for a while, and I'm at my wit's end from trying to find the last 3 quests lol.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

The only wowhead comments from horde players are also concerning being stuck at 57-59 quests. It's bugged.

From Wowhead:

As horde, I'm stuck at 59 quests. Anyone know of any easy to miss or 'This Item Starts a Quest' drops?

Edit: Found the last quest inside the STV Arena!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Besides all the quest hubs, the 60th quest for me was the one in the arena (thanks to the tip above).

Do you recall how many drop quests you had? I can only recall one.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Do you recall how many drop quests you had? I can only recall one.

Sorry, my memory is pretty hazy. Not many (if any) because I was mostly just running around nuking things.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Well I've gone over the entire zone yet again today and nothing. I would really appreciate if a blue could step in and help me figure this out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It was rather poor design that there is no flexibility right now in the number of quests you have to do for loremaster. At least before you could pick and choose, and if one quest broke or drop didn't cooperate you weren't sunk.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
By the way, how do you continue that one quest with the ogre hand? I turned it in and he said to get in contact with his associate nearby, but I can't find anyone matching the description, and it looks like that might connect to other things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]