Cape of Stranglethorn Quests Achievement

100 Tauren Druid
3 or 4 hotfixes now and not a single mention of this achievement :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I don't think Alliance will be able to get this achievement. I put in a ticket to a GM and his response was with the shattering of Azeroth some quests and quests items are unavailable now. I put in a follow up ticket to verify he meant Alliance won't be able to get achievement. Pretty lame if we can't get it, yet another thing for Horde to have that Alliance doesn't.

Just talked to a GM and he said they were aware of the problem on Alliance side and that the reason MAY* (not to quote him) be that some quests chains haven't been released yet (meaning released ion Cata)

Alliance can get it, I got mine yesterday without a single hiccup.

I know blizz wants us to complete the questlines but come on! Making it where there is ZERO room for us to get it if they have a bug or a breadcrumb is missed? Give us a break Blizz, this isn't a one zone one person occurance.

There is more than enough room. I got my achieve 2 quest turn ins during the the battle of Booty Bay and there's still like 8 more? I don't know what you're missing though as I didn't get stuck doing these at all.

You did Princess Poobah quest line on Jauguero Island? How about the ninjas there? The whole infiltrating the Bloodsail questline with the epic battle over Booty Bay? (Poor poor Bossy :'( ) Hop through Zanzil's portal on the beach and do the round of quests in ZG?
Edited by Amaranthas on 12/1/2010 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

There is more than enough room. I got my achieve 2 quest turn ins during the the battle of Booty Bay and there's still like 8 more? I don't know what you're missing though as I didn't get stuck doing these at all.

You did Princess Poobah quest line on Jauguero Island? How about the ninjas there? The whole infiltrating the Bloodsail questline with the epic battle over Booty Bay? (Poor poor Bossy :'( ) Hop through Zanzil's portal on the beach and do the round of quests in ZG?

Maybe for Alliance but the majority of Horde seem to be stuck at the same number. I've done the entire cape from the island, to defending BB, the arena etc etc and have gone over it many, many times. I even tried the wowhead program to upload my data to see what quests I was missing in addition to looking through every quest available for the cape.

I do agree though that even if we are somehow missing an obscure quest - it should not be so tight that we have to do every single quest in the zone to get the achievement...most zones have a fair amount of wiggle room.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Bumping for hopeful blue reply. Stuck at 57/60 as well.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The only people who seem to be having a problem with this achievement are the ones that started their questing in Cape of Stranglethorn. Specifically, those people who did the quests at Hardwrench Hideaway before completing all the quests in Northern Stranglethorn. Somehow, it flags the quest module that you have done all the quests at Hardwrench Hideaway so you do not get the breadcrumb from Bambala to go to Hardwrench Hideaway.

This is the same type of issue with doing all the quests in a zone and no longer being able to get the Warcheif's Command quest for that zone later.
Edited by Llwydnos on 12/2/2010 12:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The only people who seem to be having a problem with this achievement are the ones that started their questing in Cape of Stranglethorn. Specifically, those people who did the quests at Hardwrench Hideaway before completing all the quests in Northern Stranglethorn. Somehow, it flags the quest module that you have done all the quests at Hardwrench Hideaway so you do not get the breadcrumb from Bambala to go to Hardwrench Hideaway.

This is the same type of issue with doing all the quests in a zone and no longer being able to get the Warcheif's Command quest for that zone later.

You shouldn't need the breadcrumbs at all to earn any of the quest achievements. I see another round of hotfixes just tonight, several for other achievement reductions but nothing for this :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You shouldn't need the breadcrumbs at all to earn any of the quest achievements.

I agree. I mean, you don't need them for any of the other zones.
Edited by Pathøs on 12/2/2010 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You shouldn't need the breadcrumbs at all to earn any of the quest achievements.

I don't think it's an issue of needing the breadcrumbs to add to your quest total, I think it's an issue of not having the breadcrumb making quests not get flagged with the whole linear progression thing.

Like you don't need Quest A for your total, but without Quest A, Quests B & C won't show.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

I don't think it's an issue of needing the breadcrumbs to add to your quest total, I think it's an issue of not having the breadcrumb making quests not get flagged with the whole linear progression thing.

Like you don't need Quest A for your total, but without Quest A, Quests B & C won't show.

Again, that is my point. Breadcrumbs are optional quests if you haven't found the zone by yourself already. And yes I realize you are saying it might be a bug that is blocking a few quests but here's the bigger point - no zone should be THAT close on the quest achievement anyway. There should be at least a half dozen quest wiggle room. They've reduced several of these already - heck, Ashenvale went from 80 to 62 for Horde in the latest hotfix. Why is cape being ignored?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Why is cape being ignored?

It would appear that your question has been answered; Flem Gizzix is now appropriately giving me quests. And according to WoWhead, I'm not the only one. Hopefully we can consider this bug permanently fixed.

Thank you Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Why is cape being ignored?

It would appear that your question has been answered; Flem Gizzix is now appropriately giving me quests. And according to WoWhead, I'm not the only one. Hopefully we can consider this bug permanently fixed.

Thank you Blizzard.

I'll have to go check it out - thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Ya it was fixed - thanks Path for checking it out and posting here :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Again, that is my point. Breadcrumbs are optional quests if you haven't found the zone by yourself already. And yes I realize you are saying it might be a bug that is blocking a few quests but here's the bigger point - no zone should be THAT close on the quest achievement anyway. There should be at least a half dozen quest wiggle room. They've reduced several of these already - heck, Ashenvale went from 80 to 62 for Horde in the latest hotfix. Why is cape being ignored?

*shrug* I had the same thing happen in WPL when the quest Uther's Blessing bugged for 3 days. After that chain finally unlocked, it led to one more that definitely sent me 6-10 quests over the limit.

I think the linear stuff works *great*... when there aren't any bugs... lol. Hopefully Blizz gets them *all* fixed soon.

Grats on them finally fixing your issue though. Good luck with all of your other zones. :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I have been stuck needing 2 quests for a week, this bs, im now lvl 60 and still cant finish this achievement this is total BS
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
http://www.wowhead.com/quests=0.5287 <---- Here is a fantastic resource if you're scrounging for those last few quests. I had finished the last of the pirate quest line and was at 59/60. Understandably, I was upset, only to find that the quest I needed was a missed drop quest from one of the Worgen pirates. *facepalm*
Edited by Minnith on 3/14/2011 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
So I was trying to get this acheivement and i was doing the bloodsail quests. I got dc'd and now all of them are red to me, and i cant talk to/quest with any of them. They have the rest of the quests needed. FML
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
This was driving me completely nuts, stuck at 59/60 after following every path I could think of when I realised I must have lost the Maywiki quests half way through. I went behind the crates, spoke to Maywiki again and got back in the chain. 61/60. Nice.
Getting the Weather-Beaten Coin or the Arena challenge (one or other) seems to be needed.
Thank goodness that's over, on to the next area.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I was stuck too at 46/60. At the bottom of the cape area, there are 3 ships. There's a orc in one of the rooms in the bottom of the ship in the middle. He started "Ol Blasty", a long quest line that made me go up to 60/60 and one or two more quests to spare.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]