making a healer..what class

90 Human Warrior
so i have my main tank, sorta a main DPS so now i need a healer. Paladins are out of the question though. I may dualspec into a dps spec to make sure

Priest; seem cool, but i heard the healing is very hard on it, but shadow spec seems cool if i want to DPS, and fortitude looks nice

Druids; i heard they got nerfed to the ground and you can go OOM, I like HoTs though

Shaman; never made a Dreanei before and Elemental//Enchance both seem to do amazing DPS, plus Chain heal seems to be easy mode, right?

oh yeah, this is for 5man heroics since i dont/wouldnt like to heal for raids (i like dps for that)
Edited by Njdevils on 11/25/2010 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Seems like your natural inclination is leaning towards Shaman. I'd say go Shaman.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I think it's funny that the prospect of running oom, as opposed to previous bottomless mana bar, is "to the ground!"

Pick the healer that has the most appeal to you, buffs and nerfs come and go, and if you play any class long enough you'll be both OP and horribly undertuned.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
My shaman is 245 geared and my druid is 277 geared but I enjoy 5 mans with my shaman more. Healing just seems much more dynamic and powerful.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Whoever says Druids got nerfed doesn't know how to play druids very well, in my opinion. I am consistently the top healer in whatever group I'm in, whether it's 10/25m ICC or VoA, RS, etc.

That being said, go with whatever class seems the most interesting to you. I don't think the prospect of healing only five mans is interesting for any healing class, because I like juggling the health bars of 24 other people, but if that's what you want to do I think any class would be just as good as the others. It's all about what you like.

Actually, if I had to pick one strictly to heal five man instances, I'd go with a Disc priest. Look up the Evangelism, Archangel and Atonement talents and you'll see why I think you'd like it. You get to DPS with Smite, while it also heals your party members. Best of both worlds for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]