Hand of Gul'dan, window for refreshing, etc

82 Undead Priest
Things I knew about HoG:
It hits like a soulfire
It has a 2 second cast time
It has a 1 second flight time
Immolate has a 15 second base duration
Immolate will drop to 12-13 seconds with haste before adding a new tick
Combined with the 12 second cd of HoG, 2 second base cast time, 1 second flight time, refreshing immolate with a base 15 second duration alone is hard, haste effects can make it harder or easier depending on your gear level
There are haste levels where its impossible to refresh Immolate with HoG

What I just figured out today was that depending on "when" you refresh with HoG, like say 0.2 seconds before an immolate tick, sometimes immolate won't refresh to its proper full duration.

Today I was casting immolate and refreshing with HoG for a good 10 minutes, letting it fall off every 2 minutes so I could restart. What I noticed is sometimes immolate would refresh to the full 15 seconds, and sometimes it would refresh to roughly 13 seconds. With a 13 second duration on immolate and my 1.92 second cast time with a 12 second cd and a 1 second flight time, its impossible to refresh.

Something needs to be done about Immolates duration for Demonology, and Fel Flame isn't the answer.
Edited by Micá on 11/26/2010 4:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I agree that fel flame shouldn't be the answer. Demo has an absurd amount of buttons to push in the regular rotation as is (part of why I loved my demo loc all through wrath), without throwing in another one.

Removing the travel time, reducing the cd by a second or two, or increasing Immo's duration (through some demo talent so destro doesn't get it too) are all ways they could address this. As for the dot refreshing with odd times, it has to do with when the next tick is due to occur. Happens to my priest as well, it's just a lot less annoying because I'm constantly refreshing with MF.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I agree that fel flame shouldn't be the answer. Demo has an absurd amount of buttons to push in the regular rotation as is (part of why I loved my demo loc all through wrath), without throwing in another one.

I warned them about this months ago. I hate to say "I told you so" but, well....

increasing Immo's duration

This is the best option as it won't increase our dps (even though demo is down near hunters in damage at 85), but it will make life easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]