Tauren Sunwalker Kodo

48 Tauren Paladin
I did not see this posted anywhere else, but wanted to ask. Is the loud stomping of the Sunwalker Kodo a bug? None of the other Kodos in the game have the loud THUMP THUMP THUMP when running, yet the Sunwalker Kodo does. It is so loud and annoying that I bought all of the other Kodo and have been riding them, because I cannot stand the sound of the running.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I noticed this too. It only happens with the 60% version. It actually sounds to me like war drums being played, but it is certainly irritating after a while.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I noticed also that it has no sound when you do the jump button action when standing still.
Reply Quote
48 Tauren Paladin
I ended up replacing the Giant Walk sound file with blanks for now, so that I can use the Kodo. Here is hoping they fix it!
Reply Quote
Came here to report this. It's REALLY annoying, but I adore the 60% Sunwalker mount and it's the one I want to use forever. D:
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I had to get a regular kodo due to the incessant THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD....
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
It's because under every toenail is a miniature sun, and the combined gravitational forces cause the earth to tremble. It's part of what made Deathwing rise up out of Deepholm, the incessant shaking of Tauren Paladin Kodos stomping woke him up. He tried banging the ceiling to get them to shut up, but we mistook it for natural earthquakes.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
I dont know... I enjoy the repetative sound of shoes thumping around in the dryer... Thats is exacly what the mount sounds like.. And the added reward.. it speeds up if you get Pursuit of Justice!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I have to agree... my ear drums BLEED whenever I'm riding my Tauren Pally kodo mount. It's extremely loud and repetitive. It's like the constant beating of drums.

I may have to replace the sound files as well till this gets resolved.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
oh btw there are lots of people complaining on the same thing.

Yep a lot of people have complained about this. You can find the other topic here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127153313#4

or here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127125276#1
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yes! I kinda like the 60% version too, but the volume of the thumping makes it unusable.
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Paladin
I can attest, I almost turn off the sound when I'm riding this thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
You know what's funny, when I realized that the 60% sunwalker kodo was the only mount doing this I got sad. Kodos SHOULD sound like that. I want all of mine to do so.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin
Oh god, please no! Don't make all my kodos thud-tastic.
Reply Quote
40 Tauren Paladin
Glad to know it's not just me. I never had a kodo mount before, so I almost thought they all did it. x_x
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Paladin
All you have to do is hold out until 40. The Great Sunwalker Kodo is silent like the others.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's because under every toenail is a miniature sun, and the combined gravitational forces cause the earth to tremble. It's part of what made Deathwing rise up out of Deepholm, the incessant shaking of Tauren Paladin Kodos stomping woke him up. He tried banging the ceiling to get them to shut up, but we mistook it for natural earthquakes.

This. Thanks for causing Palaclysm, cheeseburgers!
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Death Knight
You know what's funny, when I realized that the 60% sunwalker kodo was the only mount doing this I got sad. Kodos SHOULD sound like that. I want all of mine to do so.

Probably just a glitch, but when you get the 100% mount speed the slow mount seems to speed up as well. I was glad to get rid of the noise. Even though my volume is usually off while i listen to music, the times it wasn't was very annoying. Plus the level 40 mount looks pretty awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]