Do i need to install burning crusades

48 Human Warrior
okay, I have been playing the trial version of the game and just go the battlechest, so i wanted to know if i should install both the game and the burning crusades
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Here's the list:

You don't need BC unless:

-you want to level in Outlands at level 58
-you want to level past 60
-you want to level professions past 300
-you want to play a Draenai or Blood Elf
-you want to take up Jewelcrafting as a profession
-you want to play in the Eye of the Storm battleground
-you want to do level 70 raids/instances

You don't need WotLK unless: (( zero benefits to someone under level 55 ))

-you want to level in Northrend at level 68
-you want to play past level 70
-you want to level professions past 375
-you want to play a Death Knight at level 55
-you want to play in the Strand of the Ancients, Isle of Conquest, or Wintergrasp battlegrounds
-you want to do level 80 raids/instances

You won't need Cata unless:

-you want to play past level 80
-you want to level professions past 450
-you want to play a Worgen or Goblin
-you want to play in the Twin Peaks and Tol Barad battlegrounds
-you want to do level 85 raids/instances
-you want to do level 85 arena fights
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Ice, he got the battlechest and was wondering if he should upgrade his account all the way.

Gan, yes. Install both Classic and TBC(The Burning Crusade).
Reply Quote
80 Orc Hunter
Just to clarify a bit... install wow as a trial account and then just add the keys to your battlenet account management page.

You don't need two separate installs as the keys just activate features in the trial account.
You'll also get 10 free days added to your account time from the trial account and 30 free days from activating basic WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Ice, he got the battlechest and was wondering if he should upgrade his account all the way.
So he can use the list to see if he needs to upgrade his account or wants to wait. I bought BC early but didn't upgrade immediately because I didn't want to roll a Belf or Draenei until later, and at the time Ice was in her mid 30's.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
If you want to upgrade Blizz is selling Vanilla and BC for 5$ each and LK for 10$ .. far cheaper than any store... and cheaper than buying the battlechest... but before you upgrade just answer those questions
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]