Upgrading

7 Tauren Paladin
After having some problems with wow on my laptop i found i could fix the issue by enabling vertical sync. The problem with that is, is that it cut my fps in half of what it would be with it disabled. I'm not very computer smart so i'm wondering if buying a new graphics card would help me out. However i've heard that if you have an integrated motherboard graphics you cant get new graphics cards, is that true?
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
Its almost impossible to upgrade the video cards on a laptop. Even if its dedicated it can be a pain finding one and even worse trying to install it.

Edit: best you could do is try upgrading ram and maybe a faster hard drive. I upgraded my CPU on my laptop from 1.6Ghz to 2.4Ghz but even that, I had to practically take my entire laptop apart to do it.
Edited by Mur on 11/26/2010 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]