Seal of justice

80 Human Paladin
I wasn't referring to our seals, I was referring to snares, sorry for the confusion
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Slows for mele by class:

War
Hamstring -> mele
Charge -> Ranged root & interupt

DK
Desec (aoe) -> Mele
chil -> Ranged
CoI -> Ranged

Rog
Cripple poison -> mele
Sap -> mele
Throw dagger (or whatever) -> Ranged

Druid (F)
IW -> Mele
Roots -> Ranged
Bare charge -> Ranged

H-Sham
Weapon chant -> Mele
FS -> Both, roots @ range

Ret

lol

Moo

EDIT Forgot DK's

PS Also, tell me if I missed any.
At 85 warriors will have piercing howl as well. Not sure why it shows my paladins avatar.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Im one of the few people who actually like seal of justice. The 100% movement speed limit can really screw with druids, fire mages, and rogues. It is also useful against arcane mages, frost mages at 85, holy priests, shaman, worgen, and ret paladins. Even in the worse case scenario it negates the run speed meta or boot enchant.

Righteousness barely does more single target damage and the cleave can break cc. The dot from Truth can break your repentance which can be very bad. Insight is ok but it cant alter an encounter like justice can.

I do think it would be nice if justice would proc on judgement to help with the anti-kiting that paladins need oh, so deperately.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If SoJ procced from judgements and limited the enemies speed to the paladin's speed (through Seals of Command, no need to buff holy!) it would be pretty much everything we need in terms of mobility. It doesn't homogenize and it's very unique, and honestly it sounds like something Blizzard would implement.

While I don't think we need a snare, I give your idea 10/10 for coolness.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We might end up using Seal of Insight anyway for the extra 15% base mana restore plus 4% base mana on hit just so we can keep up with spamming cleanse on ourselves and being able to bomb a few FoL's every now and then. It has the same judge damage as Justice, and the seal damage is so insignificant that it doesn't really matter. For those times you really feel like you need the Justice effect, you can swap to it. It'll probably remain the situational seal that you almost never use, just like it was through all of WotLK.

Sadly, Seal of Insight is also the closest thing we have to a passive defense ability. It almost makes you wonder if they want us using it in pvp over a damaging seal.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
@ hoff

do you cry every time you log on like i do?
Reply Quote
removed and added to original post
Edited by Xorg on 11/27/2010 4:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If SoJ procced from judgements and limited the enemies speed to the paladin's speed (through Seals of Command, no need to buff holy!) it would be pretty much everything we need in terms of mobility. It doesn't homogenize and it's very unique, and honestly it sounds like something Blizzard would implement.

I think a mechanic like that would work well for ret if we couldn't self-cleanse snares. It would also come with the annoying mechanic that, if they peel off of you and snare you, as soon as you HoF or cleanse yourself to get to them they're right back to running again. Against other melee that try to bleed kite you, that'd work fine, but not so much against range.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My only problem with SoJ is that it only lasts 5 seconds.

Many times when I attack a mounted player (the only time I really switch to SoJ) They can continue running and have the debuff wear off just from latency.

Although, maybe that's less about duration than range.

Either way it's silly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
SoJ...

Still the wost seal in the game... Worst seal ever imagined IMO. ANY other seal is better to use and even then because seal damage absolutely sucks it's not much better but we need that small margin of better wherever we can get it.

And to those of you saying you dont want to be homoginized? ALL other melee have a snare. Things are already homoginized. Leaving ret paladins out of the loop is more like punnishment then giving us a "uniqueness".
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
SoJ...

Still the wost seal in the game... Worst seal ever imagined IMO. ANY other seal is better to use and even then because seal damage absolutely sucks it's not much better but we need that small margin of better wherever we can get it.

And to those of you saying you dont want to be homoginized? ALL other melee have a snare. Things are already homoginized. Leaving ret paladins out of the loop is more like punnishment then giving us a "uniqueness".

Except we really don't need a snare. We have other issues holding us back that need to be addressed, and a snare and Seal of Justice aren't the major concerns.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Hey guys I have to sacrifice damage to use Crippling Poison instead of Wound, what's up with that?

At least your snare is a snare, is the best snare in the game, and actually works.

Sit down. Shut up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
My only problem with SoJ is that it only lasts 5 seconds.

Many times when I attack a mounted player (the only time I really switch to SoJ) They can continue running and have the debuff wear off just from latency.

Although, maybe that's less about duration than range.

Either way it's silly.

yes, this is pretty annoying. I don't understand why SoJ is singled out in this regard. It's our pseudo-snare, so why doesn't it last 10-sec? I can live without this --as Jassu pointed out there are bigger fish to fry -- but it doesn't make sense to me. Crippling is applied without thought, and yet it lasts 10-sec.
Edited by Hofflerand on 11/27/2010 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Slows for mele by class:

War
Hamstring -> mele
Charge -> Ranged root & interupt

DK
Desec (aoe) -> Mele
chil -> Ranged
CoI -> Ranged

Rog
Cripple poison -> mele
Sap -> mele
Throw dagger (or whatever) -> Ranged

Druid (F)
IW -> Mele
Roots -> Ranged
Bare charge -> Ranged

H-Sham
Weapon chant -> Mele
FS -> Both, roots @ range

Ret

lol

Moo

EDIT Forgot DK's

PS Also, tell me if I missed any.
At 85 warriors will have piercing howl as well. Not sure why it shows my paladins avatar.

Warr
imp spamstring
intercept

Rogue
blade twisting
sap is not a slow
but since youre considering charge theres also cheap shot and kidney shot

Druid theres charge bash pounce maim cyclone

Shaman
spirit wolf stun
weap enchant i dont think is ever used
frost shock is though FROST SHAWK

Ret
Hoj since you used other stuns as examples.

More or less youre just ranting about other slows Paladins do have their other means. But alot of the true problems comes from not enough finishers. Should use hp for Hoj and repetence.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]