Seal of justice

Still going with SoJ proccing on LAotL, 100% run speed 8 second cd seems pretty crap but it would sync up with the 45% run speed effect.

And inquisition undispellable is a must considering that you are supposed to keep it up all the time.
Reply Quote
it is terrible seal or this can be made as a real snare. Keeping people at 100% movement speed is crap and there is a 5 sec duration on auto attack. I am far better off with seal or truth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For the eighteen billionth time, we don't need a true snare. In fact, we're better off without one.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
We just need the current implementation to proc of judgements and make the melee attack reduce the targets movement speed by 50%. It would be like frostbrand weapon for shammies, even though they already have frostshock for a snare. I see alot of paly's saying we don't need a snare, this is just the abused wife mentality, we really do.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
For the eighteen billionth time, we don't need a true snare. In fact, we're better off without one.

Even our tanking spec has a real snare, and its one of the reasons why its actually doing better than ret in pvp, and did even before ret lost all its survivability and utility. There is no way you can pretend that theres some positive side to needing another class babysitting you to make up for your spec's inability to perform its main role by itself.
Saying that "mobility is supposed to be ret's weakness" is just retarded, we've already got plenty of other glaring weaknesses while most other specs have few obvious weaknesses, if any.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Even our tanking spec has a real snare, and its one of the reasons why its actually doing better than ret in pvp, and did even before ret lost all its survivability and utility. There is no way you can pretend that theres some positive side to needing another class babysitting you to make up for your spec's inability to perform its main role by itself.
Saying that "mobility is supposed to be ret's weakness" is just retarded, we've already got plenty of other glaring weaknesses while most other specs have few obvious weaknesses, if any.

Prot was superior to Ret because of the interrupt provided by Avenger's Shield and the superior single-target pressure. That, and it was easier to play and survive as Prot than as Ret.

Having a snare may put Prot in a better position, but it's not such a massive issue that Ret should be given a snare. We have other concerns to focus on—a snare is not one of them.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I agree, we don't need a snare, but why have a 100% move cap then? Why not make it something that's more useful? The feeling I have is that there's not much point to using my PVP seal if my teammate brings a snare, and that's a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It has specific but situational usefulness, such as Druids.

EDIT: That doesn't mean we should have it, though. Just saying that it has uses, albeit limited and somewhat stupid ones.
Edited by Jassu on 11/28/2010 10:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
PK
Seal damage is really not an issue. Rets better off using insight for the huge mana return since the buff. Outside of truth at 5 stack seal damage is pathetic, might as well not be there. As jassu said, ret has bigger issues then the snare, infact snare or getting kited is not even one of the problems anymore. Ret doing it right should be using insight, which does no damage anyway so they dont run out dry by cleansing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Combine SoJ into Seal of Insight deep Ret talent!!!

Preaaaaseee
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Although, I would like one, I would be willing to work with it if they made us work without. However, Seal of Justice needs SOME help.

Also, I doubt there's ever been any time that Ret players have agreed on what the spec needs, just that it needs something. =P
Reply Quote

More or less youre just ranting about other slows Paladins do have their other means. But alot of the true problems comes from not enough finishers. Should use hp for Hoj and repetence.

Given that both are required to set up burst, requiring Holy Power to use them would destroy Ret's combat system in PvP. It would also remove our ability to CC in a dungeon. A bad, bad idea.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin

I wish there was more complaining about LA's clunkiness so that the devs might take notice. Viability is important for sure, but so are mechanics functioning fluidly. If all I cared about was viability I would have quit my Ret long ago. ;)

I think I'm ready to complain. I started leveling a baby dwarf enhance shaman and I gotta say, popping into ghost wolf feels much more fun than trying to find something to judge.

I appreciate them trying to give us tools but I no longer think judgement with a dead zone is necessarily the best way to go about it. I think I'd rather have a seal of sprinting than judgement. I'd even be ok if I was restricted from judging while the seal was active. Just let me pop a seal and run after the dude.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid

Rogue
blade twisting
sap is not a slow
but since youre considering charge theres also cheap shot and kidney shot

True, but doesn't the target recovering from sap run slower for <x> amount of seconds? Cause that's what I meant. Should have made that more clear.

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
does soj decrease peopl run speed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]