It's hell, not Fel

85 Orc Mage
Alright... now I'm not sure if this could be applicable to the Horde... but for the Alliance saying 'What the Fel?' or 'Where the Fel?' OR SUBSTITUTING FEL WITH HELL IS WRONG.

Hell exists in WoW, or the idea of it does at the very least. The word hell has been used in rather similar connotations to how we use it.

One of the Stormwind Investigators in Westfall for the new quest line there says 'what the hell?!' I believe, can't remember, did it last night at 3 am.

Only reason I'm making this post is I just saw someone say 'may he burn in Fel.'

... yeah... the little things annoy me.

As a side part... it could be argued that some of the Horde uses hell in the same context as us... at the very least it'd be the elves and orcs... maybe.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
Do you need a femorc hug, handsome?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Shut the fel up, you felbound little felraiser, or I'll have my buddies in the Fel's Angels come kick your ass.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Fel.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
Shut the fel up, you felbound little felraiser, or I'll have my buddies in the Fel's Angels come kick your ass.

... DAMN IT.

*Flees*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
'Nether' is also a suitable substitution.

I'm not supporting the use of 'hell' just because to some people, it brings up real-world religion, which some people may not feel comfortable with or may not want to tolerate ingame.

'Go to fel' just sounds stupid, though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Fel, it's about damned time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm not supporting the use of 'hell' just because to some people, it brings up real-world religion, which some people may not feel comfortable with or may not want to tolerate ingame.

Even then, "hell" is, at least these days, with this English (incidentally, the same English we speak in-game), a secular concept. It's a bad place. A vile place. A disgusting, dark place full of loathing and misery. When someone tells you to go to hell, they're not telling you to go to The Hell, just a hell.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Lore wise hell might be a place. Or just a word. Uther does say.

"I hope there's a special place in hell waiting for you Arthas"

I dunno /shrug
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
This thread is disrespectful to the memory of the legendary Grom Felscream, who slayed Monnorath, a pit lord who called the orcs poop heads.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
Could be worse, I remember in a D&D game someone made a long-winded comment like: 'What in the Nine Hells of Baator?'

I punched him in the shoulder and told him 'hell' was sufficient, don't need to be a show-off.

Am I mean? Yes, yes I am.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
<Felz Angelz>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
<Fel's Nelves>
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
Man. I just love watching Fel's Kitchen.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Dammit, Iralius. This is EXACTLY why we can't have nice things.

Stop it.
Reply Quote
84 Goblin Warrior
I had a fel of a time at work today.

Real talk.
Reply Quote
83 Human Hunter
Fel - Type of Magic, associated with demons.

The Twisting Nether - Much better word/example to use than Fel.

Hell - Goldshire.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]