Engineering is falling off the deep end again

80 Draenei Shaman

Engineering NEEDS buffs

Reported for trolling.

Reported for trolling by reporting :D

This is getting a bit ridiculous..

YOU are ridiculous
Reply Quote
Why would they move nitro boosts to belt is what I want to know, it just makes no sense and now I can't really see anyone using the grenade belt.

I don't have a problem with that; I just stock up on grenades, which I was doing before the patch for the cooldown anyway. The thing that annoys me is that we need to choose between Nitro Boosts or the 20k absorb enchant in Cataclysm.

Then again, neither are allowed in PVP. :\ I could definitely see myself dropping it for Tailoring, which provides a more powerful buff on a shorter cooldown.

You can see how it would make much more sense that it remain a boot enchant though, right?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Engineering NEEDS buffs

Reported for trolling.

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Engineering's equivalent passive benefits from the glove tinkers alone are just about equivalent to other professions, and the other benefits put it over the edge. With Nitro Boosts, it was twice as good as any other profession. Now, it's only slightly better.

There's a reason guilds like Premonition made engineering a requirement, and there's a reason every decent pvper had engineering as a profession.

There are no melee (agi/str) glove tinkers on beta.

That is an issue imo.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Add an Agility/Strength version of the Intellect glove enchant, add new bombs, and make a new version of Rocket Boosts that has the old backfire rate(that doesn't happen in instances). Engineering will finally be balanced with other professions in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Engineering NEEDS buffs

Reported for trolling.

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Engineering's equivalent passive benefits from the glove tinkers alone are just about equivalent to other professions, and the other benefits put it over the edge. With Nitro Boosts, it was twice as good as any other profession. Now, it's only slightly better.

There's a reason guilds like Premonition made engineering a requirement, and there's a reason every decent pvper had engineering as a profession.

If there were passive benefits for classes that don't use int (and no the tazik shocker with its 5000 damage on a 2 minute cd doesn't count) then this argument would makes sense. I'm sympathetic to the argument then engineering's passive stats should be weaker to make up for its very powerful utility however for melee dps classes its become no additional utility (that can be used safely) and no stat bonuses either, basically a worhtless profession.

At the end of wrath engineering was too powerful this is obviously true but for melee dps classes it has been nerfed pretty far in the opposite direction to the point of basically worthlessness.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
There could be more of a melee friendly dps boost but nitro boots not being able to fail was the one of the most retarded things ever to hit wow raiding. If it was kept in engineers would have continued to have a MASSIVE advantage in raiding over any other profession. If you think otherwise you are in denial.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
There could be more of a melee friendly dps boost but nitro boots not being able to fail was the one of the most retarded things ever to hit wow raiding. If it was kept in engineers would have continued to have a MASSIVE advantage in raiding over any other profession. If you think otherwise you are in denial.

then nerf the speed or increase the cd, dont make it possible to fail in a raid where it could cost the player their life, and possibly the raids as well. if its going to fail just have it do nothing and go on cd.
Reply Quote
seems kinda odd there is no new haste enchant for gloves... i mean the lazer blast can be decent i just don't see it being as good as a stat increase...

Haste is for Herbalists now.

The Intellect click effect on gloves is really awesome for casters, they just need a melee friendly version (+AP or whatever).

There are still some nice benefits to being an engineer, but I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up if I weren't a caster, especially a caster DPS.
This. The int is FAR better than the use for damage.

I guess I'm dropping my beloved nitro boosts for the invis tinker. This makes me sad.

They already disable the boosts in Arena and likely will do so in rated BGs so I don't see the reason for the nerf myself though.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
time to roll alch/jc if you want to raid or pvp
Reply Quote
time to roll alch/jc if you want to raid or pvp
At least the Alchie mount is awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Guy. Im an engineer. I have 2 engineer toons actually, and seeing how bad the economy on my server is, it cost me over 6k to lvl it.

Sadly, there is a reason i spent so much for this prof. It was OP. I could no only get a great glove enchant, i could also gain 3 extra abilities: a Sprint, an AoE Gouge and Slowfall.

So while other professions made more money (eng makes squat for cash), we had a huge advantage in the form of extra abilities to use in combat.

The issue tho is this: if you are going to remove our percs for PvE, which, admitably, gave us a rather significant edge versus what the other professions brang to the table in combat situation, then you have to somehow give engineers the ability to make money with their professions. We need something we can sell other then a hunter only enchant that sells for peanuts. We need something marketable.

My suggestion would be: if the percs are to become purely vanity and unusable in both PvE and rated PvP situations... then let us market them. Let us enchant other people's belts. Let us sell Nitro Boosts or Invisibility Generators. Let us trade in explosives. Let our profession be what a true profession.

Because sadly, just removing the percs and leaving it as is means being an engineer is a liability.
Reply Quote
Guy. Im an engineer. I have 2 engineer toons actually, and seeing how bad the economy on my server is, it cost me over 6k to lvl it.

Sadly, there is a reason i spent so much for this prof. It was OP. I could no only get a great glove enchant, i could also gain 3 extra abilities: a Sprint, an AoE Gouge and Slowfall.

So while other professions made more money (eng makes squat for cash), we had a huge advantage in the form of extra abilities to use in combat.

The issue tho is this: if you are going to remove our percs for PvE, which, admitably, gave us a rather significant edge versus what the other professions brang to the table in combat situation, then you have to somehow give engineers the ability to make money with their professions. We need something we can sell other then a hunter only enchant that sells for peanuts. We need something marketable.

My suggestion would be: if the percs are to become purely vanity and unusable in both PvE and rated PvP situations... then let us market them. Let us enchant other people's belts. Let us sell Nitro Boosts or Invisibility Generators. Let us trade in explosives. Let our profession be what a true profession.

Because sadly, just removing the percs and leaving it as is means being an engineer is a liability.

You realize that you could not really USE the cape (Unless you are a hunter) the "AoE Gouge", or the sprint in the only pvp that mattered at 80 right? How was that OP?

I mean you could use the cape in arena but there was not really much point.
And that in addition they are all unusable in rated BGs in addition to PvP at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I just want working nitro boosts, that's all. Those other stat bonuses don't matter. I don't see how that's OP compared to leatherworking's 130 all stats enchant to bracers. C'mon, that has been the iconic engineering ability for as long as I can remember!

Blizzard should have at least told us about this change, instead of making us figure it out for ourselves. If they'd announced it slightly sooner, I wouldn't have dropped jewelcrafting for it in the first place.
Edited by Eleazer on 11/27/2010 6:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You kidding? Engineering has to be the best profession in the game at the moment.
Reply Quote
You kidding? Engineering has to be the best profession in the game at the moment.
So good you aren't one!
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Buff engineering
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Every expansion engineering has gotten teh short stick.

It has almost nothing worth selling since most huntards are already engineers, and those who arent are so few compared to the population (while BS gets stuff like belt buckles and JC gets gems EVERYONE always needs)

I have a toon with every profession, though I keep wondering why i bother keeping engineering. I could just as easily get him to be alchemy as well for another transmute CD
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Every expansion engineering has gotten teh short stick.

Just when it was almost good enough, they nerf it :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]