What grinds your gears?

83 Night Elf Druid
Do you know what really grinds my gears?

When im in a dungeon and i put all my HoTs on the tank, who proceeds to stand there until they all run out and only then pull the next mob....grr
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
I second this. Hahah happens all the time
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

When im in a dungeon and i put all my HoTs on the tank, who proceeds to stand there until they all run out and only then pull the next mob....grr

this only instead of the tank its a lock who is low on mana
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid

huh what do you mean?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lucky for me beacon of light is now five minutes long and they took out sacred shield. Unfortunately now I watch as my three stack of holy power slowly fades to nothing.
Reply Quote
i am so with you on this!! or when the tank says lets go and then starts to run...so i switch to tree form...and then he/she types "BRB" ....then comes back just as the Tree wears off ...so now i have to heal the boss without my tree form.... RAWR!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Lack of lube.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
...when the tank screws up and the scrub dps blame the healer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

huh what do you mean?

I think he's saying he HoTs up a warlock expecting the lock to lifetap himself for mana (and thus have the HoTs heal him back up), only to have the warlock sit around and not lifetap himself until the HoTs fall off.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Pretty much any and every LFD-created run. People are awful at this game and love to push their responsibility onto healers. LFD makes it worse because you are playing with people that you probably won't ever see again and therefore they can treat you like shi t.

LFD is the bane of every healer's existance.
Edited by Leafs on 11/27/2010 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Pretty much any and every LFD-created run. People are awful at this game and love to push their responsibility onto healers. LFD makes it worse because you are playing with people that you probably won't ever see again and therefore they can treat you like shi t.

I find this hilarious because I generally have plenty of fun in LFD, I've got 3 80 healers and one more who's leveling currently and I rarely have the groups people talk about. Admittedly my Shaman was 80 before LFD but meh.

Of course people remember the 1 bad group before they recall the 10 average ones before it.
Edited by Kyura on 11/27/2010 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote

I find this hilarious because I generally have plenty of fun in LFD, I've got 3 80 healers and one more who's leveling currently and I rarely have the groups people talk about. Admittedly my Shaman was 80 before LFD but meh.

Of course people remember the 1 bad group before they recall the 10 average ones before it.

Very much this. During the entire WotLK expansion, I have had maybe four bad LFD experiences. The rest of them were wonderful. Most people know its bad karma to piss off the healer.
Reply Quote
Oh, I forgot to mention what grinds my gears (as a healer). DPSers who act like it's a big imposition on their time if you need to take drink for mana. Guys, that mob is still going to be there in 30 seconds.

As a dpser, what grinds my gears are healers that heal no one but themselves and the tank.
Reply Quote

Sooooo much this.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Same here, I only have a handful of bad experiences and I LFD'ed my shaman, paladin, and druid when they were in totally bad gear (tm).

My pet peeve though is the tank or dps yelling HEALS, WHERE ARE MY HEALS, and I'm sitting there or running around kiting 5 mobs trying to beat my face.

edit: With the way cataclysm is changing things, I'm going to avoid LFD like the plague for maybe six months =P
Edited by Benea on 11/27/2010 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

I always yell into vent, "You ruined my preheals! I hate you!" Then my guild laughs at me.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
HAHA reading all of these posts makes me glad im not the only one, i think all tanks should be given a LFD as a healer to show them how annoying it is and to make them better at being tanks
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Priest
running around kiting 5 mobs trying to beat my face.

There's a macro for that:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/p Help! Help! Your healer is getting attacked!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I keep that button right next to my Fade

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Oh, I forgot to mention what grinds my gears (as a healer). DPSers who act like it's a big imposition on their time if you need to take drink for mana. Guys, that mob is still going to be there in 30 seconds.

As a dpser, what grinds my gears are healers that heal no one but themselves and the tank.

*shifty eyes* I've done this...but mostly when the tank says something along the lines of them being new, aint tanked this before, ect. I'll focus on the tank and dps gets hot and basically ignored unless they're down to red of health....Or! If the tank says their inexperianced in some way and the dps start elitist crap...then I'll let'em die.

"new to healing"

get some dps in there that are cool with running the new shinnies tanks through a dungeon.

But, what grinds my gears...Tanks who dont know what los is. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]