What grinds your gears?

80 Gnome Warrior
Vis
Tanks who wait for DPS mana. DPS who announce they are oom like the rest of the party cares.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Tanks who wait for DPS mana. DPS who announce they are oom like the rest of the party cares.

I can honestly say I've never actually seen either of these happen.

Locks who seem scared of life tapping annoy me, if we're outside of combat just go emo and I'll heal you up. Also locks who life tap to 10% in the middle of combat.
Reply Quote
this only instead of the tank its a lock who is low on mana

huh what do you mean?

Locks will life tap.. taking all that heal you just gave them and turn it into mana. Thus forcing you to heal them up.. twice.
Edited by Skoalcrusher on 11/28/2010 1:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

But, what grinds my gears...Tanks who dont know what los is. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This! This is the thing I hate the most. When tanks decide to go behind a wall!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
DPS that can CC the mobs we're fighting, but don't. While they single target everything down, so it's not doing anything but wasting healer mana to have 3 mobs beating on the tank when it could be 2 or even 1. Then they have the gall to yell because I hold them up because I'm OOM and need to drink.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
People on these forums who post without a clue of what they're talking about.
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Paladin
Do you know what really grinds my gears?

When im in a dungeon and i put all my HoTs on the tank, who proceeds to stand there until they all run out and only then pull the next mob....grr

this only instead of the tank its a lock who is low on mana

I used to do this all the time. Took me a while before I realized what was going on. I healed Zul'Farrak with four locks and one of them - one - had the decency to mention what they were doing with my heals. After that I just tossed them a token HoT whenever I found the time. Doesn't say much that it took me 40+ levels to understand what was happening. Moral? Know the classes you're healing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Worse than the OP's scenario is when I HoT the tank before he pulls, but he immediately loses aggro to my HoTs and then feels the need to e-berate me for HoTting him up too early because that's not what I'm supposed to do.

Seriously?

Granted, this happened a while ago, because a week or so thereafter I stopped doing LFD pugs.
Reply Quote
Ugh. Locks. I got really 'honest' with a Lock the other day.

"The big green numbers that keep popping up above your head when there's nothing going on and you're at full health means I want you to Life Tap then instead of in the middle of AoE, later."

Seriously! Why else do they imagine I'd throw them a HoT? Sure, I like watching the green numbers pop up all over the screen as much as the next player, but I don't just toss them around with no reason.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
What grinds my gears?

The fact that the guy who came up with Lightwell still has a job.
Reply Quote
The fact that the guy who came up with Lightwell still has a job.

Lightwell Mechanic, yes >_<. I've used them a handful of times, but I so often screw up when I try that I've given up when there are any alternatives.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I can't stand people who don't stop DPS during Mirrored Soul or Overlord's Brand. Seriously, the game puts a giant warning on the screen to tell you to stop.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I can't stand people who don't stop DPS during Mirrored Soul or Overlord's Brand. Seriously, the game puts a giant warning on the screen to tell you to stop.

What's worse is when people not only do not stop, but then proceed to kill you and insult your ability to heal.

It's only happened once, but RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Sorry, lost myself for a moment.

Maybe I should roll a Warrior.
Edited by Kyura on 11/28/2010 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
What grinds my gears?

Tanks who prefer to let me tank casters...yay binding heal.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

Come Cata you might actually care. Not enough dps = mobs staying up too long = healing running out of mana = someone (or lots of someone's) dead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Come Cata you might actually care. Not enough dps = mobs staying up too long = healing running out of mana = someone (or lots of someone's) dead.

Dps shouldn't be running out of mana in pve in Cata, unless their mana management is terrible. And if you fall behind, water returns as much as raid gear mana pools which you can drink for a few ticks before running to the next pack.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Tanks, more specifically tanks in lower level instances or tanks barely geared for content, who chain pull without even looking to see if I'm out of mana or if I'm remotely near them at all. Heck it doesn't even have to be a chain puller but they tend to grind my gears more. Tanks who are not smart enough to look at the healers mana and approximate location when pulling just shouldn't be tanking. Yep, I will sit there and drink and let you silly, inconsiderate tanks die.

What's worse is when they say "you suck healer" on top of not paying attention. Clearly it was my fault someone pulled when I was at 20% mana. RAWR! Even with a hugerepair bill I'm still going to be laughing maniacally when the person with the GO GO GO attitude is DEAD DEAD DEAD.

/cheers
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
What Grinds my gears? I just hit 80, queued for a Heroic after farming Regs for some gear. I get Old Kingdom. I tell the tank, straight up, not to pull a lot as I just hit 80, and might not be able to heal him if he takes too much spike damage. (Warrior Tank)

He goes and pulls the entire room, and gets smoked by 2 Shadow Bolts from those spiders, and dies almost instantly. I then get eaten a live. Cursing, swearing, telling me to uninstall. Because he pulled the entire room and I wasn't able to keep him.

So, TL;DR, Tanks who think all healers should be geared to the nips as soon as they hit Level Cap.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tanks, more specifically tanks in lower level instances or tanks barely geared for content, who chain pull without even looking to see if I'm out of mana or if I'm remotely near them at all. Heck it doesn't even have to be a chain puller but they tend to grind my gears more. Tanks who are not smart enough to look at the healers mana and approximate location when pulling just shouldn't be tanking. Yep, I will sit there and drink and let you silly, inconsiderate tanks die.

What's worse is when they say "you suck healer" on top of not paying attention. Clearly it was my fault someone pulled when I was at 20% mana. RAWR! Even with a hugerepair bill I'm still going to be laughing maniacally when the person with the GO GO GO attitude is DEAD DEAD DEAD.

/cheers

word for word, speedy tank los is my worst enemy ;p
also my only aoe heal looks stupid and the mechanic of running up super close to everyone seems weird and a little unrealistic at times...but whhhattttever
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]