What grinds your gears?

80 Tauren Druid

as a dps you shouldnt ever be taking dmg as long as tank is doing their job.

Completely false.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you know what really grinds my gears?

When im in a dungeon and i put all my HoTs on the tank, who proceeds to stand there until they all run out and only then pull the next mob....grr

Daybreak procs and holy shock is on Cool-down. GGRRRRRRR
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

When im in a dungeon and i put all my HoTs on the tank, who proceeds to stand there until they all run out and only then pull the next mob....grr

this only instead of the tank its a lock who is low on mana

- I always top the locks off as they eat their own flesh for mana. I want my DPS to have full blue bars. That does not anger me. Its part of my job.

Lock makes mana out of health bar and I make his health bar fill up. Lock proceeds to melt faces.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid

Healers that pre-hot tanks. Especially when I have no snap aoe aggro move anymore.

Every tank has an AoE move they can use from the start that will out threat heal aggro. If you're awesome threat move is on cooldown, then wait it out, because the cooldown on all of them is pretty short. Yes, that very scenario will produce the complaint you're responding to. Losing threat to a heal is *still* a failure of the tank.

Streams of staggered adds, caster adds that don't move, the odd missed hit, healers standing in the wrong spot. Pre-hotting grinds my gears...it doesn't make me mouth-foam frothing angry. I don't think any less of people for doing it, but it offends my OCD when it comes to efficiency.

You're right though, never has caused major problems, but then again, it does force me to put down my beer and pay half attention. Totally unnecessary for LFD.

Btw, in case you missed it..the thread wasn't an opportunity to showcase how awesome you are, but for people to commiserate about minor beefs they have with the game. But thanks for the lecture anyways!
Edited by Coldbruskie on 11/30/2010 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

People that say dumb things like this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Whiny kids in random dungeon groups who think every insult is appointed to them, and face pull entire rooms trying to blame it on other people
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

People that say dumb things like this.

I second this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TG

Daybreak procs and holy shock is on Cool-down. GGRRRRRRR

YES!!

also:

1) terrible tanks or dps which blame the healers for them being fail
2) doing a thankless job yet being the first job to get blamed when things go bad
3) "where are the heals?" or "i got no heals" when i have been healing my brains out.
4) Raid-leaders who dont understand healing yet try to dictate what healers should be doing.
5) That at level 85, PvPing as a healer will be a lot harder while DPS PvP will remain crazy easy.
6) That DPS has more stuns/interrupts and overall CC than Healers.
7) That when in use the LFG and farming while waiting for queues i have constantly switch between healing to dps specs because healing spec cannot reasonably kill anything while farming.
8) That playing as a healer in a PvP server is just an invitation to !@@@.
9) Battlegrounds with more than 15 people per team, where what you do does not matter and have to basically depend on whether you are lucky enough not to have to gotten a buch of noobs in your team
and finally
10) Tanks pulling when i am oom. lol

Reply Quote
People being rude because, as the one healer in a bg, I can't keep everyone alive all the time. Doesn't matter if I'm the sole person keeping the flag carrier up while troll druid #132 is clawing his eyes out. Obviously, I should stop following the carrier and heal you while you farm the middle.

People who don't understand that I am a squishy in low-level bgs. I can get one-shotted very easily by a 19 rogue at 15.
Edited by Springshot on 11/30/2010 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
what grinds my gears?
running in and throwing a penance on a near dead rogue in arathi basin only to have him stealth away and leave me to deal with the feral druid that was about to kill him...grrrrr!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Tanks that go AFK in dungeons after popping in from the LFG tool , DPS that are AFK while selected for group in the LFG tool. People that tell me to loot mobs when I do not want to or not have time to. Pugs that push out a DPS log in lowbie dungeons after every pull because 18 dps is something worth noticing. Pugs that don't understand what LoS is (Gundrak cough). People that leave group whenever H Oculus is up. Getting H OK, H nexus, H UK, H CoS or H VH as random dungeons.
Reply Quote
48 Night Elf Druid
I will tell you what grinds my gears. It is all the talk about stopping spamming in wotlk, yet only holy priests got seriously targeted.

Now in cata we have all the talk about mana restrictions, and again only holy priests got seriously targeted.

Did not play last night so I do not know what the latest patch brought.

But its pretty devastating to see your main get such singular treatment.

Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
[quote]

Player expectations of Heroics changed from about 2.4 onward eventually to pretty much what we have today (i.e. AoE zergfest). Player expectations can and will change again, although the process may be more painful as we regress back to a more thoughtful approach to 5-man Heroic dungeons.

quote]

No one was AoE zerging H MGT, no one was AoE zerging the majority of trash in the majority of heroics.

Edit:

BC heroics

Edit again:

No one was really zerging like the do today in WoTLk heroics back when the expansion first came out either when everyone was in naxx gear or worse. Do not think you could AoE zerg the last half the trash in H HoL or H UP in naxx gear
Edited by Divinecloud on 12/1/2010 5:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
You know what grinds my gears? When I end up joining a guild run that was lacking a healer. Everyone acts like they're retarded, dump pug rules out the window, and expect me to heal them through the stupidest scenarios without a so much as a "Thank you" or something else nice. FoL gets used a lot on those runs. I even had a tank lord over his guaranteed vote-kick today because 4/5 of the party was in the same guild. I was tempted to just leave, but I decided on being the mute healer since the dungeon was easy enough.

And every time I die during mirrored soul. I always wish the one mainly responsible for my death is on Drak'Thul so I can demand repair costs from them, but they never are.

Also... when I'm using LoD and realize the mage is behind me and and at maximum range of the target...which is farther than the range of LoD... No one's ever died because of it, but it always annoys me.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
Grinds my gears?

Anyone other than the tank or hunter pulling. Warlocks are the worst, because after all that unnecessary damage they took playing tank they'll lifetap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]