Word of Glory, not so glorious?

85 Human Paladin
For Prot at least, it's a big part of their survival in PvP. Damage is pretty crazy out there right now - it's not too hard to die within a silence or single root - so I'll take anything to help me out there.

The tradeoff is not being able to use ShotR consistently, but that's the point. Blizz said they don't want tanks in PvP to be gods of damage but really good at survival/utility.

It's not just Prot PvP. I use it all the time in PvE. Once I get a good threat lead I switch to using WoG and use that almost exclusively for the rest of the fight unless I need to get more threat.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you all for your imput.

More than anything, I was just curious to see what anyone had to say about WoG, and if they had noticed the trends that I had.

For PvP, I see the utility of the spell for sure. In PvE, I agree that it's nice to have some of the pressure off the healer for the pallies that will use it. I just hope that some balance comes to the spell by 85, since as it stands now, I feel pretty useless in 5 mans. ^.^
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
It's not just Prot PvP. I use it all the time in PvE. Once I get a good threat lead I switch to using WoG and use that almost exclusively for the rest of the fight unless I need to get more threat.

I have no idea how you pull that off, its all I can do to keep the mages at bay.

Personally, seeing my SoR crit for 40k on sindi with lust and wings up makes me giggle like a little girl.

WoG is ok when used as a weak aoe threat skill now that aoe tanking is garbage, but unless its a clutch situation with healers down and the boss in the last few percent, I dont use it in boss encounters.
Edited by Xiic on 11/27/2010 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I have no idea how you pull that off, its all I can do to keep the mages at bay.

Personally, seeing my SoR crit for 40k on sindi with lust and wings up makes me giggle like a little girl.

WoG is ok when used as a weak aoe threat skill now that aoe tanking is garbage, but unless its a clutch situation with healers down and the boss in the last few percent, I dont use it in boss encounters.

Very good threat gen. I obviously can't do it all the time but I do it as much as I can.

Marrowgar - I can do it with no problems
Deathwhisper - Meh it doesn't matter either way
Gunship - Easy
Deathbringer - Easy
Festergut - I rather out DPS then DPSers
Rotface - I kite
Princes - VERY easy
Blood Queen - Easy
Dreamwalker - I spam WoG, DL, and HL as much as I can
Sindy - Phase 3 only
LK - Easy
Edited by Xayton on 11/27/2010 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
Mind you I'm still leveling, so what do I know?

I use WoG to take the pressure off of the healer and to "hopefully" give myself the absorption shield.

The absorption shield is the mastery for Holy spec. Healing yourself as Prot/Ret will not grant you the shield.

Overhealing as prot, while speced into guarded by the light makes all over healing an absorption effect.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Hey.... offtopic, how come some people's avatars are in color and others blacked out? Is it bcause I dont have my account on auto-bill ?

Normally it's because you're either one of the new race/class combos or you haven't logged in since the forums were released but it appears you're neither of those. You could try relogging anyway and swapping your forum character to something else then back again.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
My whole rotation revolves around wog and it use after a big heal.

Being a avoidance tank defensive stats are more important to me however at a cost of some stamina so to make the playstyle work I dug into the new wog mechanic play style, and am shocked that I actually take less damage than a meat shield-adin who would of thought.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
My whole rotation revolves around wog and it use after a big heal.

Being a avoidance tank defensive stats are more important to me however at a cost of some stamina so to make the playstyle work I dug into the new wog mechanic play style, and am shocked that I actually take less damage than a meat shield-adin who would of thought.

Not to be mean but you shouldn't be an avoidance tank. It has been very much proven that EH tanking is by and larg better in terms of time to live and damage taken. That aside you are missing by far our top threat stat (Wrath of the Lightbringer).
Edited by Xayton on 11/27/2010 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
How the hell is holy paladin qqing about ret heals. Look in the mirror imo

This.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Honestly I feel that its not a great spell they should scale it up more because when I'm on my Ret pally and I get up to 3 holy power im forced to either use word of glory or templars verdict. The problem is that if i use 3 stacks of holy power word of glory it heals for like 4 to 5k of the health pool of 32k and then If i choose to do Templars verdict it hits like a wet noodle and does like 4k damage now. So basically they need to scale both spells better when were at 85 or else were gonna be in deep trouble for pve and pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty sure the druid could of healed too and made the fight never end. Especially being a tank the ret would barely hurt him. Anyways at 85 wog heals for about 17k and with 120k healthpools it wont be near as good as it is now. Just going to have to deal with for 2 weeks.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
For Ret pallies using word of glory takes away our strongest move Templar's Verdict. So it is give and take we can not go all out and heal at the same time.

thanks the the TV change revert Exo is your strongest move as Ret.

This...TV is a wet noodle now, Exorcism is our big hitting finisher now.
No it isn't. TV hits harder if you have a good weapon. TV crits more often and for far more damage.

If your TV is doing less damage than Exorcism then you have bad gear or you're wearing Intellect.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
For Ret pallies using word of glory takes away our strongest move Templar's Verdict. So it is give and take we can not go all out and heal at the same time.

No it isn't. TV hits harder if you have a good weapon. TV crits more often and for far more damage.

If your TV is doing less damage than Exorcism then you have bad gear or you're wearing Intellect.

Wrong. My gear is fine and my TV hits for 6600 on an 80 dummy and my exorcism hits for 9200. However TV scales better than exo and by the time we are 85 and have decent gear TV will begin to hit for more or around the same vs plate.
Edited by Arammìs on 11/27/2010 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Wrong. My gear is fine and my TV hits for 6600 on an 80 dummy and my exorcism hits for 9200. However TV scales better than exo and by the time we are 85 and have decent gear TV will begin to hit for more or around the same vs plate.

Inquisition interacts better with Exo, it still hits harder then TV.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
As a Holy Pally, I find Word of Glory an alright spell, nothing to get excited over, but useful. But over the course of the last week I'm finding it horrible for Ret and Protection Pallies.

I watched a 30k hp Ret Pally take on a Feral Druid tank with 50k hp. He killed the Druid since he had a heal that could heal him back to almost full, basically the ability to Lay on Hands over and over at no cost to him in mana nor debuff. I find that a bit much.

But, I think the biggest annoyance are tanks, who no longer care if their group, including their healer, is with them, because they can now not only faceroll with damage, but heal it all back again, at no cost to them.

TL;DR - I see the utility of the spell, shouldn't it be dumbed down some for Ret and Prot in some way?

Who was this feral druid? He needs to be made fun of endlessly. Ret is a joke and any class with passable gear and a player with a brain stem can beat them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]