UI&Macro Help/Tips.

Hello there, I am Frosting, also I am a dummy with macros/uis.

I set up my KG panels off of Jigs(Youtube it). But it doesnt really feel "right".

My macro skills are chat macros at the most.

SOOOOOOO......The big question.

Who wants to help me make a personalized UI just for me!?

-I am leveling a mage, so a sleek, purple UI would be fitting.
-I am looking for a sleek, bold, and yet easy to configure UI. I tried dominos stacked in the middle (5 bars) but it's too bulky and when you slim them down the spacing is off.
-I want a macro for 1 button that makes me FRost Nova then Blink.

Will be willing to pay if I am satisfied.

TL;DR-UI/MACRO noob looking for help will pay.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Hey Frosting,

I've always been digging UI design and addon functionality (still a noob when it comes to LUA) but I know a fair bit.

Here's a couple tips for you,

- Sometimes it's best to steer away from the "bold" look, especially graphically intense UIs (They tend to slow down your computer a lot and could potentially even block off parts of your screen, where you know, there could be fire there for an example).

It also tends to be distracting if there's a lot going on with your user interface (some people like that, but usually you can't go wrong with a nice minimalistic look).

- Also, you mentioned you were using Dominos. Why not try and hide a few bars (but they're still active/in the background and keybinded) for spells that don't have cooldowns, or simply keep a cooldown watch addon (for an example, ForteXorcist)

Doing this takes a bit of practice at first since you can't see your spell icons, but can also be beneficial at the same time - it makes you look elsewhere rather than having your eyes glued on your action bar

- This site provides a lot of great ideas for UIs: http://www.wowuigallery.com/
you can either choose to replicate them with your own favorite addons, or of course download the packs that makes your life a lot easier :)

- As for the macro, this could probably work, but you'd have to hit the button twice to work
(Blizz disallowed cast sequence macros.... For obvious reasons)
/castsequence Frost Nova, Blink

- I suggest checking out this site as well for more macro ideas: http://www.arenajunkies.com/macros/mage/

Hope that helped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)