How Should I Prepare to Begin Healing?

85 Blood Elf Rogue
I would like to begin healing on my new Tauren Paladin. I would like to ask:

1.) At this low of a level, does it matter what kind of gear I have?

2.) Should I wait to dual spec?

3.) What else should I know about healing?

I have never played a healer before, so any help is appreciated. Thanks :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
1. As long as it's caster gear you should be okay, some could probably heal fine in dps/tank gear but I wouldn't advise it if you're new to it =p

2. Nah

3. Be wary of your mana
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I would like to begin healing on my new Tauren Paladin. I would like to ask:

1.) At this low of a level, does it matter what kind of gear I have?

2.) Should I wait to dual spec?

3.) What else should I know about healing?

I have never played a healer before, so any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

Getting some kind of unit frame will be helpful to you, especially if you ever plan to heal at max level. The stock wow frames have come a long way and can get the job done, but the healing add ons are really nice.

Healbot and Vuhdo are two that are pretty much set up right out of the box. Other popular addons are pitbull/grid/xperl.

Dual spec is only 10g now, so you may as well buy it. You can go ret or prot either way you'll quest faster than holy. As for gear, just pick up anything with int on it (at this level, even if it's not mail/plate it's ok).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Ashenvale seems to be giving some Int mail. Got 2 pieces so far, just got another quest that gives a third. And thanks for the advice!
EDIT: Another quest with Int plate legs. Seem Blizzard is giving us some healer gear in our quests now too. That's pretty cool of them.
Edited by Sunslash on 11/27/2010 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
i'd download healbot before vuhdo, to get used to how to use it and how to set up heals and whatnot. while vuhdo is alot better and more organized, it took even me [i have 3 80 healers] over an hour to figure it all out. being a beginner it might take longer, and healbot its pretty damn simple.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
The leveling dungeons are still very easy, despite the recent nerfs to low level player abilities.

If it's a matter of confidence, I'd definitely agree with gathering a set of gear heavy in Intellect. But if it's just about getting familiar with the spells (especially sooner rather than later) and what this role is about in a 5-person group, I encourage you to jump right in. =)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
The best way to learn healing, in my opinion, is to just do it. If you need mana, the group can wait. Practice will teach you how to be efficient with the leveling "not-so-great" gear. Have fun, because it's one of the best roles in the game IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]