Do Hunters still get all the bad rep they...

7 Orc Hunter
...used too?

According to WoW Census, they're about as popular as any other class these days.

There are only three low played classes @ lvl 80, which are Warlock, Rogue and Shaman, everything else is sitting at about 10% or above.

Edited by Kuban on 11/27/2010 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
Hunters are just as bad as always.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Stupid players get bad reputations. Class doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've played with great hunters and terrible hunters. Most of the time the difference lies in failure to assist target and pet control. If you can master pressing "F" and manually controlling your pet you should be just fine.
Reply Quote
I've played with great hunters and terrible hunters. Most of the time the difference lies in failure to assist target and pet control. If you can master pressing "F" and manually controlling your pet you should be just fine.

Of course, with Cataclysm's return to increased use of crowd control in instances, I would expect to see ability to kite and trap properly added to the definition of great hunter once again, at least for raids and dungeons at mid-higher levels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No, the "huntard" stigma is much less prevalent these days.
A truly bad hunter can still make quite a mess, but it's no longer assumed that every hunter is that terrible until proven otherwise.

It's now deathknights that are feared for their ability to make a run harder than it would be without them.
Reply Quote
69 Night Elf Hunter

this. I think hunters have had a bad rep because they're an easy leveling class for a new player. Noobs tend not to be very good in groups, because they're..er.. noobs?

I agree that the new dungeon content that is focusing on crowd control will do a better job bringing out the disparity between good and bad hunters. But not just hunters, all classes. No more aoe zergs! thank the old gods. Bring back marking, focus firing, sheeps, ice blocks, mind controls, all that fun stuff. I haven't seen a sheep in a 5 man in 2 years!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Hunters are just as bad as always.

This is correct. Everyone else is now as bad as us.
Reply Quote
7 Orc Hunter
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It's a toss up between Warrior, Rogue or Hunter right now.

Can't decide!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

^ This.

I've picked a hunter because I like the class and not according to popularity. So, if you like playing a hunter, then play a hunter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]