Why is Trade & General Chat Down?

We pay to play this game and having Blizzard just make big brother changes and stupid foul ups does not give us what we pay for. It almost seems to me like Blizzard turned chat off because too many Mages were selling ports. This necessary function in the game must be fixed right now. How can you have a social community when you disable communication? This is an outrage that you would even allow the game to be up without taking it down for a hotfix to have this problem resolved.

I demand that chat be brought back up immediately.

Returnfire
(Alfredo)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
lol
Reply Quote
I think it should be said you are in no position to demand anything.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Disable gearscore.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Wow, and this coming from a mage...I see a Gnome, but smell a Troll...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
LOL QQ Some More! He's gonna make a "Blizz hates Alliance" post now.
Reply Quote

What does him being a Mage have to do with his post?
Reply Quote
You all do know having an old version of skillscore installed will block your chats right?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Umm, he was probably "one of the too many mages selling ports"
Reply Quote
I can demand anything I want, now for Blizzard to act on it is another thing. This is a vital and very essential part of the game for everyone. To disable chat and make it so people have to yell to announce anything is utterly stupid. For you to think that Blizzard as a business can do anything they want without losing customer is funny. Blizzard Entertainment has to report to shareholders about loss/gain of revenue. The recent tactics of changing things without any consulting of the community and disabling chat for no reason will lead to some that leave and even more if it continues. For you as a player to think you voice means nothing tells me you must come for a very uneducated background.

Returnfire
Reply Quote
84 Undead Warrior
Ouch. That sucks.. >_o

I wish you good luck in bring back Trade Chat! :D
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Death Knight
woot trade is down...so long flame wars and trolls..good keep it down blizz

Yep.I always hated those and see them constantly.I would enjoy some of the enjoyable or great discussions that could occur within the chat though.The trolls and scammers are irritating to see but trade is a great way for some to make some gold and for some discussions.
Edited by Ragnorrak on 11/27/2010 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
I can demand anything I want, now for Blizzard to act on it is another thing. This is a vital and very essential part of the game for everyone. To disable chat and make it so people have to yell to announce anything is utterly stupid. For you to think that Blizzard as a business can do anything they want without losing customer is funny. Blizzard Entertainment has to report to shareholders about loss/gain of revenue. The recent tactics of changing things without any consulting of the community and disabling chat for no reason will lead to some that leave and even more if it continues. For you as a player to think you voice means nothing tells me you must come for a very uneducated background.

Returnfire

This is likely addon-related. That's been the typical issue when people have had chat problems since the patch. Gearscore has been a big culprit, though there have been others.

Blizzard doesn't make addons or support them. Try disabling all of them and see if that fixes it.
Reply Quote

Umm, he was probably "one of the too many mages selling ports"

Oh, I didn't see that part. After all this time on the forums, I really just skim.
Reply Quote
I was unaware that Gearscore an addon that was widely used caused this. I've disabled GS and chat is now working. At least someone of the forums was able to help me, while the ticket in game is still open. While I'm not happy they just made it so you can't use GS, I can understand the reason. Though GS should not disable your chat function.

Thank you Rexferal!

Returnfire
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
I STUBBED MY TOE, I DEMAND NIKE TO KISS IT BETTER!

:edit: hey genius it is a bug with out of date skillscore, blizzard did not "make it so Gearscore does not work"

Pure 100% user error and top of the line hissyfiting.
Edited by Legomyagro on 11/27/2010 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Returnfire

Ok, I'll bite. You're saying that if I think my voice means nothing, I'm uneducated? Nope, I KNOW my voice means nothing. My CASH means everything, You know the saying that the pen is mightier than the sword? Well, Cash is mightier than voice. Anyone that has cash will be heard. Just look as the TSA stories all over the internet. With ALL the people complaining, you think anything is going to be done? No. Nothing will be done until we STOP FLYING, thereby not funding the TSA through all the fees we pay on an airline ticket.

You want to be "heard", cancel your account if you're not happy with the game.
Edited by Moofanchu on 11/27/2010 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've canceled my account for WOW before because I was not happy with where the game was going. This game as changed to appeal to the masses. When the game started, to end game raid you had to have skill and organization. Now its more about the amount of time you can spend doing it than the skill required to play your character. With that said my game play is about 20% of what it use to be for the first 3 1/2 years.

This has nothing to do with TSA, that is another story that involves the need to profile people according to how they act not race.

Returnfire
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]