Prot stacking mastery?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wasn't in the beta so I don't know what the stats on the raiding gear is, but since we now get a 30%+10%(Holy Shield) damage reduction should paladins stack mastery? I believe it might have DR, but Im not sure. Since we get 2.25% chance of blocking per point of mastery can we reach reach a 100% block chance and thus have a constant 40% damage mitigation? No right? Any people from the beta? How how high was your block chance?
Edited by Nasa on 11/27/2010 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My understanding is that blizzard changed Holy shield from %chance block to +40% physical reduction because of how quick paladin were making the dodge/parry/block cap.

Dodge and parry ratings have diminishing returns beyond 15% (I think) so warriors and paladins are reforging parry and dodge to mastery for any dodge or parry that exceeds 15%, because mastery has no diminishing returns.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My understanding is that blizzard changed Holy shield from %chance block to +40% physical reduction because of how quick paladin were making the dodge/parry/block cap.

Dodge and parry ratings have diminishing returns beyond 15% (I think) so warriors and paladins are reforging parry and dodge to mastery for any dodge or parry that exceeds 15%, because mastery has no diminishing returns.

Actually it's around 21.5% I thought. Mastery beats dodge/parry after that when diminishing returns start taking effect.

If anything, the extra 10% physical damage reduction when holy shield is up makes us a bit less squishy (not that we were really).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes you can block-cap past 102.4% but it requires high item level or a sacrifice in Stamina. In all 277 gear you'll probably need to equip one avoidance trinket, and reforge most Dodge to Parry/Mastery, all Parry to Mastery. That is typical, but not everyone's solution.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]