Well, I am a new tanks, and check me/help me!

77 Dwarf Paladin
Well, I just started this toon on friday, I had a long weekend where the wife was visiting her mother and friends so I had time to WoW it up.

70 random dungeons completed. I just hit 50 with 1d 15hrs of /played and I have been doing nothing but dungeon finder as prot paladin tank. So here is the questions...

When I am in a dungeon group, what seal should I use? I have been using Insight since it gives me mana and life back. I just got truth but I havent really played around with it much, but as long as I have been using insight I never have mana problems.

Normal rotation is (pulliung):
Avenger's Shield, Judge, Hammer of Righteous, Holy Wrath, Hammer of Righteous, Judge.

Then I pop Avenger's shield when I can, and I always wait for 3 holy power hits of Shield of the Righteous.

I always just HoR, as CS just isnt putting up large numbers. I keep Judge on cooldown. And my fillers are Holy Wrath, Avenger's Shield, Shield of the Righteous.

Is that really all there is too it, or do I need to do more? Overall I think I am doing decent.

Thanks for any info or tips you can give.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Seal of Truth with the glyph (the one that gives 10 free expertise) is way better than running Seal of Insight. You've already got Judgements of the Wise and Sanctuary, which should make sure you don't run out of mana while tanking.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
other then getting a respecc and dropping into hallowed ground instead of wrath of the light bringer which is more of a pvp talent imo just get the SoT glyph and start using Seal of Truth. rest sounds good
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
other then getting a respecc and dropping into hallowed ground instead of wrath of the light bringer which is more of a pvp talent imo just get the SoT glyph and start using Seal of Truth. rest sounds good

>.>

Is threat not part of being a successful tank now? Must have missed the memo. Hallowed ground is ok to toss points into, but its by no means a key talent point. The nerfs to consecrate make it a bit iffy.

As to respond to the OP, SoR is a very significant portion of our single target dps and is actually the aim of our rotation at 80. While leveling I would honestly use WoG at three holy power for the threat and to take some burden off the healers. Post 4.0 prot palis can solo must dungeons with ease.

As to what seal you use, SoT is our primary tanking seal, but incite is not a terrible alternative while still leveling.

Keep in mind the ideal tanking spec/seal and rotation probably wont make your job leveling any easier.
Edited by Xiic on 11/28/2010 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
77 Dwarf Paladin
Well, I changed my talents and glyphs around a little bit to make leveling.....

Do I got good ones for Random dungeon spamming.... I really think I should get the +10 dmg to HOR though...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Well, I changed my talents and glyphs around a little bit to make leveling.....

Do I got good ones for Random dungeon spamming.... I really think I should get the +10 dmg to HOR though...

Your spec is fine. Going for a WoG build will most likely make your leveling experience quite a bit easier then a straight up threat build like mine. Some tanks even favor the WoG build at 80 for tanking raids, its not for me and I would not recommend it, but it is out there.

As far as glyphs go, the crusader strike crit one doesn't do you much good, I would pick up the bonus to HoR.

Also, I dont know how well the damage difference between CS and HoR scales as you level in terms of single target damage, so dont be afraid to just use HoR for everything and forget about CS till 80.
Reply Quote
77 Dwarf Paladin
Thanks for all the helm guys!

I guess ill try to not really Shield of the Righteous and use Glory word so I can get the self heal, and make healers job a little easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]