New Leveling Experience

90 Human Paladin
What is everyones thoughts on the new leveling experience 1-60? What is your favorite starting zone right now? Any specific zones that stick with you and you enjoyed more than the others?

Me personally, I'm enjoying all the new zones... except Elwynn Forest. Nothing has really changed there. I thought the new goblin highway in Azshara was pretty sweet. The new troll starting zone was pretty awesome... I've become quite a fan of troll lore now. Overall, I'm really glad Blizzard decided to revamp the old world and I really cant wait see what lies next in the 80-85 zones. Should be exciting! :)

P.S. I still run around flagged so feel free to try your luck with Cakenpie(25 troll druid), and Kojak(possible new gnome mage i'm making tonight). Remember: If you bring your 80 to gank me I WILL get Rascus and get my payback(Disclaimer: unless you are a Frost Mage or Resto Druid)... just a fact.
Edited by Rascus on 11/29/2010 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Westfall and Redridge have been my favorite so far. The Keeshan quests are fun. Burning Steppes was fun as well. Nothing like flying around on a Dragon burning the Blackrocks. Southern Barrens, while a lot better looking it was still the same Barrens borefest as always.

edit: Also, being burned up by Deathwing not once, but twice was pretty fun...
Edited by Dirval on 11/28/2010 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
40-58 was made to be not nearly as painful as it was before. And for that, I am glad.

So far, Stonetalon is particularly epic.
Reply Quote
P.S. I still run around flagged so feel free to try your luck with Cakenpie(25 troll druid), and Kojak(possible new gnome mage i'm making tonight). Remember: If you bring your 80 to gank me I WILL get Rascus and get my payback... just a fact.

You forgot to add the disclaimer..."unless you are a Frost Mage or Resto Druid." (Sorry couldn't resist. :))

Back on topic. For Horde leveling, I thought Stonetalon, Thousand Needles / Shimmering Flats, and Badlands, were extremely well done. I may be biased, though, because I thought all of those areas pre-Cata were a bit bland.

Without giving away too much, if anyone is scouting through the Badlands and you find a quest where a Dwarf, a Gnome, and an Orc are sitting around a campfire drinking and you are offered a quest -- do it.

While not out yet, I recommend highly the starting zones also for Goblins and Worgen, even if you don't plan on playing those characters in the long-run. I played them in Beta and they were pretty well done.

Gnome and Troll revamps were okay, though they are pretty short overall.

P.S. A lot of the quests in the level 80-85 zones are linear -- expect some frustration in the early days. While not too often, there are some quests where you have to kill a named / find a type of not terribly common item before moving down the chain. Keep in mind that was in Beta so there may be some changes in actual live release.

Reply Quote
100 Gnome Death Knight
For Horde leveling, I thought Stonetalon, Thousand Needles / Shimmering Flats, and Badlands, were extremely well done. I may be biased, though, because I thought all of those areas pre-Cata were a bit bland.

I absolutely agree with this. Just fabulous.

Also, the Battle Scar in the Barrens, the Blood Mire in Swamp of Sorrows, and pretty much all of Stonetalon Peaks stand out as being the closest to being inside a game of Warcraft II I've experienced in this game. The kind of experiences that are somehow more than the sum of their parts. Lots of fun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I fail at leveling and never want to do it again, but I've never been anywhere near as thrilled at a zone's design as I have with the new Azshara. And literally the only reason is because Goblins are the best race bar none and Blizzard seems to love to pour 100% of their creativity and humor into everything involving them.

Gallywix Pleasure Palace is the best location in the entire game.
Reply Quote
I love the new Alliance quests. I've missed playing Alliance and these quests are so awesome now. And I've only done Westfall, Redridge, Elwynn, and some dungeon quests so far.

Plus the constant nostalgia trips and seeing the results of quests you did pre-patch, etc.
Edited by Raenem on 11/29/2010 3:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
I don't care ..Do Darkshore, Make an ally and do Darkshore... convince the questgivers to talk to you but DO darkshore.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
So far the new leveling experience has me hooked. I LOVED Stonetalon Mountains, all of the Barrens (especially the tail end of Southern Barrens, I almost cried for Gann Stonespire) and even Desolace. I started this character on Thanksgiving day and haven't stopped. I'm looking forward to Thousand Needles and Feralas, two of my favorite zones anyways.

After I get this guy through everything, I'll probably try the alliance areas, the only question is what race/class?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I fail at leveling and never want to do it again, but I've never been anywhere near as thrilled at a zone's design as I have with the new Azshara. And literally the only reason is because Goblins are the best race bar none and Blizzard seems to love to pour 100% of their creativity and humor into everything involving them.

Gallywix Pleasure Palace is the best location in the entire game.

I agree. Also, why are you a blood elf?
Edited by Gendenwitha on 11/29/2010 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
All Hail Johnny Awesome, Saviour of Silvermoon.

And John J. Keeshan, Stormwind's Greatest Hope.

That said, my favorite zone so far has to be Burning Steppes. I don't know who all the Alliance follow around, but Ariok, Son of Eitrigg, is made of pure awesome and win. Felwood is close behind, given my love for seeing some old friends from old warlock quests, such as Kroshius, Banehollow, and Impsy. That, and what imps fear most.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
All Hail Johnny Awesome, Saviour of Silvermoon.

And John J. Keeshan, Stormwind's Greatest Hope.

HE SPENT FIVE YEARS AS AN ORC URINAL FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FREEDOM
Reply Quote
48 Gnome Priest
Anyone who hasn't done the gnome/dwarf low level zones has pleasures in store.

The hunter's lodge in southeastern Loch Modan now has a flight path, an innkeeper, and my new favorite NPC, Safety Warden Pipsy. It's also a handy place to find a low level bald eagle pet for you Huntery types.
Reply Quote
83 Human Death Knight
I created a Human Hunter to go through all of the zones all over again. I have been really impressed with the stories that each of the zones have. I have only gone through Elwynn Forest, Westfall, and Redridge at the moment. I'm starting Duskwood now, but can't wait to get to Burning Steppes.

Elwynn - Still a very straight forward zone with no real story. I did like Hogger and seeing him moved to The Stockades. I'm also very pleased to see Goldtooth get his own camp.

Westfall - It's like you are in a WoW version of CSI! I thought the zone story kicked off with a quickness and loved how it ended. "Murder rookie." I did not like how the lighthouse quests and Capt. Sanders' treasure felt like side quests that did not do anything to further the zone progression

Redridge - Easily my least favorite zone pre-Shattering, but now one of my favorite zones. I loved doing the quests with Bravo Company. The epic ending (I won't spoil it) tugged at me and has me feeling proud to be a member of Bravo Company. I hope to see him again since they could not find his body.

I really hope that most, if not all, of the rest of the zones have a similar story to the quest progression.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]