Shaman or Druid?

80 Blood Elf Paladin
I wish to play a healer in Cata, and I have both my Shammy and my Druid at 80 now. I've decided not to play my Pally as it's simply not that fun anymore. It feels far too easy in both PvE and PvP. I want to play a class that's fairly complex as far as WoW classes go, and won't have too much trouble getting into a raid or raiding guild. Between Shammy and Druid, which one looks to be a stronger/more complex and fun PvE healer? PvP?
Edited by Korela on 11/29/2010 5:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Go Shaman for sure.
Enhancement is tons of fun and resto shaman rock.
I was healing Halls of reflection and we were taking tons of AOE and I was spamming Chain Heal on everyone and Riptide on the tank. Every couple seconds the familiar web of healing wave went up and I was laughing my head off because it was hitting max targets and it looked awsome.
When you have a well geared tank, you can dps as well, chain lightning is almost as fun as chain heal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Go Shaman for sure.
I was healing Halls of reflection and we were taking tons of AOE and I was spamming Chain Heal on everyone and Riptide on the tank. Every couple seconds the familiar web of healing wave went up and I was laughing my head off because it was hitting max targets and it looked awsome.
When you have a well geared tank, you can dps as well, chain lightning is almost as fun as chain heal.

OP you should choose druid, I healed heroic Utgarde Keep and nobody died.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Shaman
same dood! so i guess its gonna be a hard decision eh? rofl
Edited by Trìckderty on 11/29/2010 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Looking at Beta numbers... I'd roll a Druid if you want 'better'.

Buuut I find Shaman to be more fun. And don't let people fool you, we're more complex than we look.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
If you like being able to do more than just cast heals, then take a shaman. On top of our healing abilities, we have two cc's (hex, bind elemental), and the means to lock down individual casters for extended periods through use of Wind Shear and Grounding Totem. Rather than having a crapton of healing spells like a druiid does, most Shaman spells have some relatively basic synergies that can result in some pretty interesting play. The area in which shamans are most deficient is "oh crap!" buttons. Yes, we have Heroism (Bloodlust), but we can't just use it any time the tank takes a string of bad hits, however, our heals scaling based on target health helps with that situation a bit. The main thing shamans bring to the table, though, is versatility. We can switch gears from raid heals to tank heals without a hiccup, and provide an astounding amount of control over the enemy while limiting their ability to use control on our group. Add to that being one of two healers to bring offensive dispells to the table, carrying an emergency tank in our pockets (fact: Earth Elemental saves lives), and being able to kite almost as well as a hunter or mage, shamans look pretty damn good. Consider that we can do most of these things simultaneously without compromising our healing, and shamans look even better.

So, if you like mobility, utility, verstatility, and all those other "ilitys", control, and having an offensive healing playstyle, play the shaman. Oh. It's also nice never having to buff people.

Also, while I personally disagree about Enhancement being fun (too much white damage), I think Elemental's a blast, and it shares gear with resto.
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Paladin
DURIDS HAS TEH HEAL ON TIMEZ AND IT MAEK PPL NOT DYE
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
The area in which shamans are most deficient is "oh crap!" buttons. Yes, we have Heroism (Bloodlust), but we can't just use it any time the tank takes a string of bad hits, however, our heals scaling based on target health helps with that situation a bit.

I know it's not Swiftmend but a Riptide followed right after by a healing surge is a good quick shaman "oh crap" combo:) With our mastery I have found it incredibly powerful.
Reply Quote
Always found shaman healing to be a little more fun that druid healing.

Chain heal is fun.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
At the end of the beta resto shamans are pretty far below resto druids in terms of healing power. This will be fixed soon though, I'm sure. Just play the class with the playstyle you enjoy, and the balance will eventually follow.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
The area in which shamans are most deficient is "oh crap!" buttons. Yes, we have Heroism (Bloodlust), but we can't just use it any time the tank takes a string of bad hits, however, our heals scaling based on target health helps with that situation a bit.

I know it's not Swiftmend but a Riptide followed right after by a healing surge is a good quick shaman "oh crap" combo:) With our mastery I have found it incredibly powerful.

Yeah, it is, but that's one of the basic synergies between spells I was talking about.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Either way, next week you're going to be staring at your character selection screen...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Shaman are a whole lot sexier.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Shaman are a whole lot sexier.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
druids, we are just god, i mean i healed mc the other day and noone die.
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
Shaman IMO, though not by much. Druid healing just hasn't been as fun for me since they wrecked the duration on HoTs.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
Go Shaman for sure.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
shaman is so awesome

if its fun to play it, play it though i mean combat rez is cool too just like chain heal
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
priest ;]
Edited by Crannyy on 11/29/2010 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]