Your tank healing preference

85 Tauren Paladin
11/29/2010 6:00 PMPosted by Lightsteak
lol i agree with the people above me, wtf you did nat list ANYTHING THAT IS BECAUSE OF A BEAR, in fact my favourite tank to heal generally are blood DK or bears so please stfu nub and find a real problem with the class not just a problem with bad tanks

Nothing you said is coherent or relevant to anything ever. Google spell check please.

i dont give two sh*ts bro its a WoW forum.. a video game.. who cares?
Reply Quote
79 Night Elf Druid
Its very easy to answer that.
Anything is easy to heal as long as its not a DK.
But, I also agree with Lau. Pallies are fairly boring to heal.
Having said that, as long as you dont act stupid and pull more than I can handle to heal you for, its a fairly fun run. (:
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I slightly prefer Bears because their mitigation is more consistent, and for whatever reason Feral Druids still seem to try a little harder than their Warrior (and definitely Death Knight) counterparts. I like to chalk it up to the vestiges of Feral Druids having a similar reputation as Ret Paladins and "OOMkin."
Edited by Believe on 12/5/2010 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Bear tank + Resto Shaman = Snoozefest. I love it. No silly things like block and parry, just health, dodge, and earth shield.

I prefer Bears while healing on shaman, and warriors while healing on my druid.

The reason why there were such bad DK tanks is because there wasn't one kind of DK tank. There were three, and they were equally bad at three different things.

My favorite tank in wrath was a DK that was Frost for Trash and Blood for bosses, and as soon as I tried it on my DK tank, I fell in love with it. I'll miss the Bloodfrost tank. RIP
Reply Quote
I think DKs are the most stressful tanks to heal in new expansions/while gearing up~

And I would definitely say paladin is pretty much super easy, with all their cooldowns/buffs it makes things a lot more simple... Especially since they have been pretty faceroll OP in the last expansion.

And honestly, I don't think Cata will change that.. Paladins still have the most useful cooldowns out of any tanks.. With Guardian of the ancient kings(Derp, derp probably messed this up), Divine Protection, Divine Guardian, BoP, Freedom, Holy Radiance, Word of Glory.. I mean some of these things are very little, but I think they all add up.

But I guess it just really depends mostly person to person, I have a tank buddy who enjoys tanking and leveled all tanks and anything he play is pretty much Diamonds.

TL;DR - PUGS: Dks stressful experiences, Paladins mostly stress-free. Druids are boring.
Best experience with Warrior tanks, honestly 95% of warrior tanks I've pugged have been above average players (AT THAT LEVEL, mostly saying leveling in Wrath through dungeons).
Edited by Sereña on 12/5/2010 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
The biggest problem i have with tanks are all the dk's that run to 80 grab a few epics come out as the tank and take crap loads of damage, I dont know if it is just DK's or if I have bad luck with them.

As fas as what i like its any other class that knows what he/she is doing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
least stressful : the one that knows the class he's tanking on

most stressful : the one that thinks all tanks tank the same way
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I have leveled 2 healers to 80 and one to lvl61 so far in dungeons. A holy priest, a Disc priest and a druid still leveling. For each type of healer I have a different tank preference.

With disc I hate paly's, I can't use my main tool (Shield) the way I wish because they OOM and lose agro. Bliz fixed the Rage issue with warrior and I found them easy to heal with the disc then because all my healing came into play and they tended to be a single minded tanking class.

My holy Priest was my first healer..... So I had my own issues anyway but I used to love Paly's to tank. My hots were stronger and my shields just offered a little breathing room for the pull but then stronger direct heals kept his mana up and the fights were easy. I hated warriors and DK's then because with the bad ones they had little in their own bag of tricks to pull them out of the guano.

For the druid healer.... Give me any damn tank. I rejuve, regrowth....and healing touch if they get under 50% with those 2 ticking off..... Any tank will do just fine. Also I am fully versed on the instances I am leveling in now so I know how to avoid surprise spikes.

The only class of tank I have a personal dislike for is the "Bouncing" class of tank. He is the guy with the subclass of druid, Paly, Warr or DK that just bounces along or on the spot almost constantly. About then I know I have a tank so new that he has only just discovered the shift Key.

I have nightmares.

Counseling is helping.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
12/06/2010 4:15 AMPosted by Cardinaleini

With disc I hate paly's, I can't use my main tool (Shield) the way I wish because they OOM and lose agro.

This hasn't been an issue for a long ass time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There should be an automatic filter that picks up all "which class is best" "which class is worst" "THIS CLASS SUXXXX" posts and throws them in a trash bin.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
Recently bears have been atrocious at holding multi-mob agro, to the point where I really have to think about when to throw the first heal (a nightmare on my druid since I like to get the hots on early, much less so on the shaman who can hold for a healing surge).

Back in pre-4.0 less geared DKs seemed to take a ton of damage.

My favorite to heal has been Paladins over the whole expansion, consecrate/shield block/2 lives in case I dc just overall made them the easiest I felt in 5 mans. In raiding honestly it was all about the same with the right gear and skills.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Easiest: one who knows what hes doing and what kind of healer he has

Hardest: a hurr durr tank that rushes in and thinks that he/she can tank whatever and cant.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Priest
I find pallies and DKs to be either absolutely fantastic tanks that are very easy to heal or chain-pulling, crack-smoking nut-cases who make me cringe. There's no middle ground. That said, for a good old-fashioned speed run, nothing beats a well geared pally or DK.

I love warriors and bears, because they seem to have a better grasp of the powers and limitations of their spec/classes.

My least favorite tank? The "go go go" mages who pull.
Reply Quote
In Beta, while healing instances, I found that competent Death Knights made awesome tanks, if only because of their self heals. They really helped when healing got overwhelming.

I'm fine with all other tanks though, although bears tend to be a little spikier on damage.

But my least favorite tank? Death Knights who still think that Frost is the tanking spec/presence. =(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2010 7:24 AMPosted by Showtimed
11/29/2010 6:00 PMPosted by Lightsteak
lol i agree with the people above me, wtf you did nat list ANYTHING THAT IS BECAUSE OF A BEAR, in fact my favourite tank to heal generally are blood DK or bears so please stfu nub and find a real problem with the class not just a problem with bad tanks

Nothing you said is coherent or relevant to anything ever. Google spell check please.

i dont give two sh*ts bro its a WoW forum.. a video game.. who cares?

I do. You make yourself look like an idiot, which invalidates your opinions, even if they were valid.

They probably were -- I don't really know if they were, as I stopped reading when I saw l33t-speak BS spelling.
Edited by Sylvanda on 12/6/2010 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have seen truly excellent examples from every class -- and truly epic fails as well.

*Statistically*... I like bears most. After that, Pallies, because if I screw up and they're paying attention I might get a second chance.

Personally, when I see a DK tank, I always roll my eyes and moan, but I've been pleasantly surprised many times. Good is good; bad is bad.

As an aside, I respec'd feral to try tanking for a while, and maybe start accumulating gear for it. Obviously, that means I didn't have gear for it. I royally sucked, and eventually changed back to boomkin so people wouldn't have to hold my hand anymore. I was "that bear" tank that skewed and screwed the statistics, so don't hold it against bears in general.

For the tanks reading this: tactics are the deciding factor. If your gear sucks but you're playing intelligently, I'll happily wipe with you a few dozen times to help you get the gear, because I can see you'll be good once you get it. On the other hand, if you have 60k health and a million DPS and still let me get aggro'd and killed over and over, don't tell me I'm the idiot...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2010 1:55 AMPosted by Solavel
least stressful : the one that knows the class he's tanking on

most stressful : the one that thinks all tanks tank the same way

Amen, sister. Amen.
Reply Quote
66 Undead Priest
12/06/2010 7:26 AMPosted by Sylvanda
I have seen truly excellent examples from every class -- and truly epic fails as well.

Same, when I initially zone in, I anticipate good to bad in this order:

Warrior>Paladin>Bear>>>>DK

Just based on my own experience, I statistically get better results with warrior tanks and bad results with DK tanks. But yeah, all the tanks are fine if played by a good player and decently geared. But yeah, there is a reason I do nothing but heal and watch the group for the first few pulls, got to get a feeling for the tank and the rest of the group and what kind of run it is going to be :)

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]