Holy + nerf's

85 Blood Elf Paladin
just curious if anyone actually sore a mention in the patch notes for reduced healing to holy shock and word of glory.
this class has already been SIGNIFICANTLY modified from previous game play to make it fairer on other healers to compete.
after 4.0.1 i still found myself destroying anything on heal meters "pve".
as of last week and the shock + word nerf. "not mentioned?" i feel completely gimp.
pvp nerf was fine. blessed and innocents was op no complaints.
why make us non-viable. i can already smell mass re-roll.
will this balance out @ 85? will holy paladins still be able to compete for raid slots?
or will we just become buff @@@%@s like in vanilla?

-Æs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would have to say yes..at 85 this will balance out..just a guess, but w/ a higher mastery rating our absorbs will come into play..currently i have no reforging into mastery for holy gear because when i did, it really cutback my crit/haste and overall hps. But i do merge absorbs w/ heals on recount, and when mastery is a base stat on gear we will see higher % of absorbs in our hps and perhaps reforge some gear for mastery(if not all). I really don't know why shock got hit so hard..but when i saw it i unlearned all my talents and left out the 30% shock healing talent in the ret tree to see if it was a glitch...i was upset to say the least.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
thanx ahtomatahn for the input.
Is there any beta players with some insight?
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
I too am shocked (lol) by these changes.

No but seriously, holy shock has taken a ridiculously high nerf. The worst part? Blizzard did not announce it in patch notes. They announce a 12% nerf on 10 or 15 warlock abilities but did not include this obvious nerf to holy shock. Yes we would have complained if it were in the patch notes but atleast we would have felt respected, rather than feeling that once again blizzard is butchering our main abilities and hoping we didn't notice.

I can only imagine that this was done to provide balance after Blizzard saw healing results from cata raids because they arent interested in balancing around 80 anymore. This is ok but PLEASE blizzard PLEASE tell us if it is going to be such a significant nerf. Also, I would hate to see you balance abilities around pvp, a holy paladin being gimped for pvp reasons and hurting in pve for it is no good.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I too am shocked (lol) by these changes.

No but seriously, holy shock has taken a ridiculously high nerf. The worst part? Blizzard did not announce it in patch notes. They announce a 12% nerf on 10 or 15 warlock abilities but did not include this obvious nerf to holy shock. Yes we would have complained if it were in the patch notes but atleast we would have felt respected, rather than feeling that once again blizzard is butchering our main abilities and hoping we didn't notice.

I can only imagine that this was done to provide balance after Blizzard saw healing results from cata raids because they arent interested in balancing around 80 anymore. This is ok but PLEASE blizzard PLEASE tell us if it is going to be such a significant nerf. Also, I would hate to see you balance abilities around pvp, a holy paladin being gimped for pvp reasons and hurting in pve for it is no good.

^ amen.
also another question.
with our mastery and the whole minor bubble per heal. does each bubble count as a heal or only the amount that it absorbs?
e.g. "i spot heal a rogue" the rogue now takes 0 damage. bubble fades.
does this bubble count towards an absorb or phat zero ?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Now in addition to those nerfs that you listed. This tuesday that made additional nerfs that were not in the patch notes. They nerfed Protector of the Innocent to not proc when self healing. Now cutting our self healing down to almost nothing with holy shock and word of glory. I have two lvl 80 dps toons. I cant kill priests or druids, but can now mow down holy paladins. Thanks Blizz for trying to closet nerf us into the ground.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i have to agree i wiped 3 instance runs because i couldnt keep up heals...
i have tried to modify myself for it but either i wipe the party from crap heals or i oom and we wipe its frustrating to say the least
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]