How this list works:
The issues I will list are in rank order from most important to solve, to least important. While all issues should be fixed, these ones that are ranked highest should be fixed first.
Issue #1: Mastery
Currently ret paladin mastery is based off a "RNG" proc that many paladins feel is not a viable increase to our damage. In short, this mastery talent scales to roughly 8 mastery being equal to 1 point of strength as far as a DPS increase goes. Not only is the DPS an issue, but stacking mastery diminishes our 31 point talent Zealotry. How we would like this to be changed is to make the ret mastery (suggestions from the community incoming):
- Increase our overall damage similar to how other DPS class mastery works. Suggestions include: Mastery increases damage done by your Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict and Judgment by 15% each additional point of mastery increases damage done by 1.5%.
- Effect inquisition
Issue #2: PvP survivability
Ret's current problem is how easy it is to lock down. The fact that we can no longer freedom out of stuns is a huge factor. Considering stuns are more powerful than ever with many classes being able to perform them, ret will continue to be easily kited. Most of the time in pvp, ret paladins feel like zombies clumsily lumbering towards their opponents only being able to hit people who don't run. There are many potential solutions to this problem:
- Bring back Hand of Freedom dispelling a stun
- Make Hand of Freedom undispellable when cast on yourself.
- Increase range of Hammer of Justice by 5 yards and Repentance by 10 yards
- Make Avenging Wrath undispellable or at least make it resistant to dispells
- Allow Long Arm of the Law drop one Movement impairing effect when procced
These fixes will allow ret paladins the ability to close the gap and actually allow us to hit people in pvp instead of watching them stun or root us and run away laughing.
Issue #3: Redundant seals:
currently, there is absolutely no use for seal of righteousness. I can imagine you want paladins to have to think about choosing the right seal for the job and right now that choice is really easy (truth). Maybe making righteousness more exciting by having the seal convert a portion of damage done by other attacks into holy damage. Make it have some kind of use and people will want to use it.
Seal Of Justice currently has no real slowing power to warrant the DPS loss. Either the damage it does should be increased, or have it slow people more than just to 100%.
These are some of the issues we, as a community would like to see fixed. If anyone would wish to post any further issues with ret that I missed, please feel free to post concerns below. I will continue to dig and find other issues and update this thread to include other suggestions. Thank you for your suggestions and hopefully someone over at Blizzard will address these concerns.