Recipe: Savory Deviate Delight

67 Troll Warrior
Is really common now I guess? Or am I just ridiculously lucky? I just got TWO of them one after another...

Anyone else have any ideas if they raised this drop rate?
Reply Quote
45 Orc Warrior
Common, I found 3 while questing through Northern and Southern Barrens.
Reply Quote
44 Orc Mage
It's really common now. I found four on my mage while questing in the Barrens.
Reply Quote
67 Troll Warrior
How sad. Haha. Oh well. :> Thanks guys.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Mage
I've gotten 5 just doing the Southern Barrens quests.
Reply Quote
It's always been a rather common drop, just haven't been many people leveling through the barrens over the past few years. Now that they added new race/class combo's, a lot of people have started re-leveling, and the price has dropped again due to this. My recommendation, buy 10 or 20, store them on a bank alt, in a year or two when people stop leveling alts again, the price will go back up. :-)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Yep, there went my cash crop. *sniffle*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
My alts have looted four so far, and sound them for several hundred gold each.

What is the appeal of this recipe?
Reply Quote
45 Orc Warrior
My alts have looted four so far, and sound them for several hundred gold each.

What is the appeal of this recipe?

You turn into a ninja or pirate for 30 mins (or is it 60 now) when you consume one of them.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
I've gotten at least 4 of them on my tauren pallly, along with a few recipes for the Elixir of Giant Growth. Drop rate seems to have been increased substantially.
Reply Quote
I've gotten at least 4 of them on my tauren pallly, along with a few recipes for the Elixir of Giant Growth. Drop rate seems to have been increased substantially.

Nah, in my experiences of leveling for the past 6 years, I've always gotten a couple when questing through the barrens. I don't think the drop rate is that much higher.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I farmed it quite a bit this fall and never got a single drop, so I'm not convinced the drop rates improved earlier, just some folks getting RNG love. There was never more than 1 or 2 on the AH on our server at a time (usually the same one just sitting there) either. Now there are eleven, so something happened with the last patch.
Edited by Zemocrates on 11/30/2010 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Just leveling my troll through Northern barrens I picked up 6 of them in about an hour...Before that I was lucky to see 1 in a whole leveling period.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Hunter
I got 1 one these and two swiftness pot recipes doing the northern barren quests. I thought my cow was just super lucky.
Reply Quote
It's always been a rather common drop, just haven't been many people leveling through the barrens over the past few years. Now that they added new race/class combo's, a lot of people have started re-leveling, and the price has dropped again due to this. My recommendation, buy 10 or 20, store them on a bank alt, in a year or two when people stop leveling alts again, the price will go back up. :-)
thats not true, ive leveled through the barrens at least 6 times in the last year before the patch, and ran into 1 recipe, however now, i was there for 10 min and had one drop, and my friend got 2, sadly they go for nothing now, so they are completely worthless
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Shhhhhhh don't let everyone know about buying out the low ones LOL....But they are rare and will go back up in price after a few months. Leveling in the barrens is still boring. I have 2 tabs full of 2 rare recipes LOL
Reply Quote
Yeah and no one has any idea, I've sold a couple for 400-600g each.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

No, it hasn't been. I've farmed it twice, once on a horde character and once with this Shaman. I spent over twelve hours each time, at 80, farming while one shotting harpies by the thousands in the northwest corner of the barrens, and never got it on the Shaman. Today while leveling a new horde priest I found 4 copies, three of which occurred within around 15 minutes of each other killing the pirates down on the island. It's definitely been raised considerably.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
That recipe was always overrated anyways. I farmed my recipe with ease, I'd never pay those ridiculous auction house prices for it.
Reply Quote
I quested several toons through barrens and it never dropped. Finally dropped for my druid and I sent it to my hunter asap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]