Arena Players, Can you flip the switch?

85 Gnome Death Knight
Good post Affix. I guess my question for you would be, do you think the Ego and leader roles of some arena players will clash with each other? Like say your playing with your rival(you knows hes good) and you issue some command which he fails....will there be tension, crap talking? It would seem with 15 arena players there is the possibility of a lot of EGO/trash talking. I just want focused, competent and dedicated players. I know arena players would be a good start, I just don't want drama :)

Raennie
Reply Quote
Good post Affix. I guess my question for you would be, do you think the Ego and leader roles of some arena players will clash with each other? Like say your playing with your rival(you knows hes good) and you issue some command which he fails....will there be tension, crap talking? It would seem with 15 arena players there is the possibility of a lot of EGO/trash talking. I just want focused, competent and dedicated players. I know arena players would be a good start, I just don't want drama :)

Raennie

You really think trash talking is going to be an issue for arena players but not teams of all BG-only players? o_O
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Well it seems like the majority of arena players who post in these forums, have a head the size of the Goodyear blimp. So from my perspective, yah I think arenaphiles seem to trash talk at a much higher rate than BG or PVE players. You can say well we earned it, yada yada, but it still comes off as E-peen-Ego boosting. Now take 15 of those types and tell me there won't be issues.

Raennie
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
Now take 15 of those types and tell me there won't be issues.

There won't be anymore issues than with any other average group of competitive individuals.

Raennie

Why do you do this?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Mayeli, 15 people, possibly 5 3's comps, 1 leader per comp. That's 5 leaders who call out kills and win in arena. Only 1 person can be in charge. Remember each one of these leaders thinks they are Gods gift to PVP and will openly state their ratings on the forums at a moments notice. The only way I can see this working is if they are all in the same guild. I think whats more than likely to happen, will be a mixture of arena and BG players from the same guild. The arena players will assume leadership roles. But we will see shortly.

As far as the name at the end. That's just my own thing. If you don't like it, well I don't really care.

Raennie
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
The first thing that's going to happen is the age-old habits of zerg, gy camp, stable roof turret, etc. will be countered fairly easily by a well-coordinated team. Those teams who re-think and invent new successful strategies after those 6-year-old strats fail will emerge on top of ratings whther arenaphiles or BG heroes.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Minicabe. How about you do your thing and I do mine, I know its crazy all this freedom.....

Raennie
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
This thread is laughable. Raennie, not only will you never get to play against arena stars in BGs because your rating will be too low. If by some fluke you get to play one at the start of the season I wish i could see the look on you face when reality hits you smack in the face.

The only thing I wonder about in this thread is if the OP will quit game after his pipe dream of actually being competitive gets crushed.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Ashman, if they are winning, no, but the moment they lose a few games in a row, yah I do. If their not in the same guild, I guarantee Gchat will be lit up with, man this guy sucks as a leader, we should have done X, Y, Z. Lets go to the farm next time, just ignore that guy hes only 2600 in arena.......if you don't see this coming, your way to optimistic....Sure there may be the occasional super mature, non-ego based 2600+ group. But those will be like diamonds in the rough. Just look at the posts, minus affix in this thread.

Raennie
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

There are some 2800+ rated arena players that I simply won't play with, even if I know we'll do well, because our personalities don't mesh particularly well. Be it communication issues, strategic differences, whatever - neither of us play to our full potential when we play together, so we don't bother.

These kinds of differences are the minority, though - differences tend to sort themselves out organically. It is hard to let tensions rise if you're winning 90%+ of your games. If you're losing too often, it sometimes takes a little tension to sort out the issues.

Best-of-the-best arena players tend to be pretty cool people, though. From my perspective, it is the not-quite-top-tier players that are a pain to play with due to ego issues.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Lol, so many presumptions on my skill level. Has even one of you every faced me in a BG? No I thought not. Affix, you were originally from Tichondrius yes? Do you remember a Holy paly named Ranelan? Our group dominated what we would now be called, rated BG's. Our whole group got titles. Yet you all stand here in judgment because of some merit badge? *Golf Clap*

Raennie
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]