Healer Rage

85 Goblin Priest
Is anyone else just mad at every PUG they get into all the time? I get into these groups that are completely functional and no matter what, I fixate on something, anything and it just eats away at me.

Pulling before buffs, pulling to slow, chain pulling, low dps, dps so high you steal aggro, bosses dying to fast so I can't even power infusion the mage, people talking about stupid stuff, people talking about important stuff, not talking, 100% mana all the time, never 100% mana........

And I go through these instances fumigating over stupid crap and I think how stupid it is that I'm annoyed at it. I know it's me, but that don't stop me! I would like to point out that I don't let it affect my healing, I'm not that bad...yet!

Maybe I've developed road rage for PUGs. But before I go dish out a small fortune to a doc, let's just talk about it.

PS. I KNOW there are other people with the same thing, you can read it in half the posts on this board.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
It's just a side effect of your job being to react to what the party's doing, so you're constantly seeing every mistake your partymates are making. A DPS on the other hand just needs to see an enemy to kill and their action bars. After a couple REALLY BAD groups, you'll just learn to accept that almost no PUGer is perfect, and just sigh sadly and toss out another earth shield/pom/beacon on the way to the next pull.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I suffer from the same affliction.-though i put it down to the fact that i am just so dang bored with running the same old randoms over and over....cant wait for the new content :)
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Druid
You need to let it go. The more you concentrate on negativity, the more you become accustomed to thinking in that way. People aren't perfect, and you shouldn't expect them to be perfect.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
After a couple REALLY BAD groups...

Hah, I've been healing since Vanilla :P

I bet if I just bottle up my rage, it'll go away for another few expansion packs. Wonder if I'll be working at the post office sometime next year.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
You need to let it go. The more you concentrate on negativity, the more you become accustomed to thinking in that way. People aren't perfect, and you shouldn't expect them to be perfect.

Well obviously I know this, which is why I'm not screaming and rage quiting. Hell, I rarely even suggest they do something differently (since most of the time I can adapt to their playstyle or they just don't care to begin with).

Logic and emotion my friend. I try to absolve them logically, but doesn't mean I'm not buggered to all heal while I do it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
It sounds like you're not having fun. Might be time to take a break. I don't think you're paying ~$15 a month just to feel PUG Rage :)

When I know I'll hate everyone I come across in a PUG, I don't PUG.

On the other hand, I find I enjoy healing friends and guildies, even if they mess up. Perhaps you can find a group of people to run dungeons with who won't make you fantasize about their grotesque and painful demises.
Reply Quote
Before running a random, I always ask my guildies if anyone wants to join me. Then there is at least one other person in the group I can talk to...

Yesterday, I ran a pug in the Oculus. I told people up front that I absolutely hated the emerald drake. The tank insisted that the healer had to take the emerald and dropped group. Some of the others sqawked too. It was suggested that I was a newb who didn't know the fight. I pointed out that I had only used the emerald once (for the achievement) and had literally done it 50+ times on the bronze usually without an emerald. If everyone does their job, this is an easy fight. In the end we downed the boss and no one died. Seemed like a bunch of unproductive noise to me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I think you need to play a dps for a while lol. Spent so long with the stress of healing that now when it's easy you looking for something to stress about.
Reply Quote
53 Draenei Hunter
Try to stop caring altogether would be my suggestion. Personally, during randoms I Just try not to think about the random paint-chips-eaters with 1k DPS screaming "gogogogog" at the tank, and do my job which is pretty automatic, while chatting with bf/friends (making fun of aforementioned idiots), listening to my fav songs, etc. Otherwise it sure could be way too much of a pain for various reasons.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Before running a random, I always ask my guildies if anyone wants to join me. Then there is at least one other person in the group I can talk to...

Yesterday, I ran a pug in the Oculus. I told people up front that I absolutely hated the emerald drake. The tank insisted that the healer had to take the emerald and dropped group. Some of the others sqawked too. It was suggested that I was a newb who didn't know the fight. I pointed out that I had only used the emerald once (for the achievement) and had literally done it 50+ times on the bronze usually without an emerald. If everyone does their job, this is an easy fight. In the end we downed the boss and no one died. Seemed like a bunch of unproductive noise to me.

See, i like the emerald drake... and everytime i run it, someone else takes it. I offer to take it, they don't respond and we wipe. /sad face
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
That's exactly how I feel when I tank. Literally everything bothers me. That one DPS tends to not assist me even though it's not enough of a problem that I lose aggro. The healer doesn't drink when I think he should drink. That DPSer is jumping too much...

Healing relaxes me when it's easy and invigorates me when it's hard.

How have you made it this far without developing some kind of anger problem? I gave up on my tanking dreams long ago in favor of health.
Reply Quote
34 Tauren Priest
My favorite are when you get DPS tanks. Ret pally and Arms warrior seem to bet he top two there are out there. Sure, at these lower levels it doesn't matter AS much. But there is a noticeable difference between having to heal a DPS tank, and an actual tanking tank.
Reply Quote
Maybe turn off your damage meter for pugs. Sometimes it's good, but it's pretty easy to tell if dps isn't up to par, and you can have it disabled for the times where things are going smooth. That seems to be the source of much pug rage and many an argument.

I don't think I've been playing long enough to truly develop a deep-seated rage toward them, but I think I'm normally too laid back to reach that point anyway. I only get lasting frustration when there's a wipe and I know it's my fault, but I don't know why (the frustration at least makes me figure out the why and correct it). Occasionally the immature behavior of other players gets to me, but I either laugh about it the next day, or just decide I really didn't like that person at all and move on.

There does seem to be an epidemic going around amongst the more seasoned players. It appears there's so much Stupid out there, the longer you play, the less faith you have in humanity. Maybe giving away your belongings and becoming a monk in a monastery will restore some of this lost faith.
Reply Quote
66 Undead Priest
I too recommend you take a friend or guildy along, that way you can send tells or chat in private voice chat about the group, generally this turns annoyance with a group into comedy. And if you get a really bad group, 2 people can carry a group a lot easier than 1.

If that doesn't work, then take a break from healing pugs, maybe pugs altogether or from WoW entirely. Sometimes you just need a break for awhile to let go of the rage and remember the fun :)
Edited by Quinala on 12/1/2010 6:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
You are obviously not jumping around enough. Studies have shown a direct correlation between the percentage of time in a group spent jumping around and the amount of fun being had. Jump more and see your anger evaporate and be replaced with bliss and endless joy.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Life Grip makes it all better. Believe me. :)
Reply Quote
You are obviously not jumping around enough. Studies have shown a direct correlation between the percentage of time in a group spent jumping around and the amount of fun being had. Jump more and see your anger evaporate and be replaced with bliss and endless joy.

Ah, good point. I often just queue for a BG when I've had a bad pug. It blows off steam and is a change of pace. Eventually the BGs get frustrating for the same reason pugs are and I go back to pugs, which are fun again. When I get really annoyed, I cast Beacon in the middle of Trade District over and over again until someone joins me or there's a chorus of "SHUT UP!" going on around me. Good times. Good times.

Also, if you want to annoy people, the turtle mount sound effects are hilariously annoying. I stayed up all night getting that mount (stubbornness runs in the family) on my rogue and spent an hour jumping in place. Pretty sure I had half the realm wanting to strangle me. I can't stay mad at the world when I do that. It's just too much fun.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
DNA
I've noticed that if I'm in a group where the tank fails to hold aggro because he's too busy spamcasting Exorcism, takes 10 minutes to pull a single mob, have huntards who wants to "speed things up" without Misdirect, warriors in intellect, paladin tanks in leather / cloth and so on then I'll get teleported back to Stormwind pretty fast if I start pointing out their stupid mistakes.

"Stop spamming exorcism, dammit! And just hold aggro! no one cares about your dps!"
5 seconds later, hello stormwind - hello inner calm.

The last thing I had said to a group with a warrior tank who waited until my hots were worn off between every pull (levelling my druid), the ret paladin who would not stop ripping aggro and running away from the tank when he did, the fail dps mage who did nothing but stand still and the huntard who would pull random *#%* and wipe us was;
"It feels like I'm running with autistic five year old boys throwing fits on the keyboard".
Hello Stormwind, You look lovely today.

I tried nice, didn't work. I don't bother being nice any more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]